Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:29 PM #1
You know my methods

You know my methods

Exclamation Transgender individual walks into female section of L.A. spa in front of women, kids

Hard left thugs went on the rampage

Brawls erupt at Wi Spa protests over trans issues; street preacher
bleeds from his head after attacked by mob with Antifa flag

There were dueling demonstrations over trans rights in Los Angeles on
Saturday afternoon, which led to several confrontations, some of which were
violent. The passionate protest and counter-protest were fueled by a viral
video of a woman who was upset that there was a biological man who
identified as a woman in the female-only area of a California spa.

full details and more shocking videos here:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/wi-spa...-attack-antifa

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 04-07-2021 at 04:27 PM.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:41 PM #2
-

-

In terms of the top video . Two tribes of screeching morons going at each other's throats. It's just Live Action Twitter isn't it. At this point I feel sympathy for neither group.

In terms of what the whole thing started over? Well, apparently it was because someone had their penis and testicles out in front of children at this spa. No... can the world not at least agree... that this simply isn't approportiate be it man/woman/transman/transwoman/non-binary or whatever? Why is there even a debate over whether or not this was OK?

Are we really at the stage where people are up-in-arms fighting for their "right" to get their cock & balls out infront of little girls? ... utterly insane.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 04-07-2021 at 01:41 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:43 PM #3
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Andy Ngo is known for working with the proud boys to agitate against the left, then misreport, the other dude is a newsmax contributor and the blaze is a far right, nativist organisation set up and run by Glenn beck who has a history of lies.

i have no idea what the actual sequence of events were, but we need to some proper reporting on it before an honest conclusion or opinion can be reached.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 04-07-2021 at 01:44 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:44 PM #4

Yes Antifa
Evil Left Wing Criminals
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:47 PM #5

[A bloodied counter-protester taunts the crowd
as he stands behind a line of police after being
injured in a clash with protesters]
Old 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM #6
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
In terms of the top video . Two tribes of screeching morons going at each other's throats. It's just Live Action Twitter isn't it. At this point I feel sympathy for neither group.

In terms of what the whole thing started over? Well, apparently it was because someone had their penis and testicles out in front of children at this spa. No... can the world not at least agree... that this simply isn't approportiate be it man/woman/transman/transwoman/non-binary or whatever? Why is there even a debate over whether or not this was OK?

Are we really at the stage where people are up-in-arms fighting for their "right" to get their cock & balls out infront of little girls? ... utterly insane.
If that is the truth, then yes we can happily agree on it, but something seems off about the "blokes in bathrooms brigade" suddenly finding a bloke in a changing room.

Like I said, I have a feeling there is more to comes from this story, especially when it comes to finding the guy who was walking around with his John Thomas out.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 04-07-2021 at 01:49 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM #7
You know my methods

You know my methods

This is the video that went Viral
Old 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM #8
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
i have no idea what the actual sequence of events were, but we need to some proper reporting on it before an honest conclusion or opinion can be reached.
I agree to an extent but honestly when two clans of violent, reactionary individuals are clashing and the argument amounts to "ReeEEeEEeeee!! Go 'wayy!! Get oudda heeeere! We don't like uuu!!!" I'm fairly comfortable in assuming that it's just that. Two flavours of sheep bleating at each other. Both think they're in the right. Both are mostly full of ****. Half of both are in it for the fight more than the cause.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:49 PM #9

[Antifa clash with a counter protester
outside the Wi Spa in the Koreatown
area of Los Angeles]
Old 04-07-2021, 01:51 PM #10
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
i'm sorry, i can't stop laughing at that guy behind the police, is it some sort of cartoon?

Last edited by bitontheslide; 04-07-2021 at 01:52 PM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:53 PM #11
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

All this happened just after trump gave a speech asking why the jan 6th dudes were locked up, but antifa weren't. Could be nothing, could be something. Until proper reporting is done, then we'll have to wait.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:55 PM #12
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
I agree to an extent but honestly when two clans of violent, reactionary individuals are clashing and the argument amounts to "ReeEEeEEeeee!! Go 'wayy!! Get oudda heeeere! We don't like uuu!!!" I'm fairly comfortable in assuming that it's just that. Two flavours of sheep bleating at each other. Both think they're in the right. Both are mostly full of ****. Half of both are in it for the fight more than the cause.
The least accurate thing you can say about the group that's supposedly pro-male genitals in girls faces, is that it's a reactionary position.

I absolutely agree with the bit in bold though.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:57 PM #13
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

This is the video that went Viral
But see this is where it all falls apart. The blatant transhobia and lack of rational, clear and understandable protest in this video means that "the other side" will only react to that - the language used, the anger, the actual transphobia present... and the calmer voices in the background saying;

"The way she's framing this is indeed transphobic however there is still something here that needs addressing"

Get totally drowned out and lost. Anyone who doesn't unquestioningly accept that there should be "no debate" over things like changing areas is immediately branded transphobic in anger... anyone who believes that there is actually a way forward with some consideration is likewise lumped in with one side or the other. Or both. It's amazingly easy to be dismissed as a "trans ally" by actual transphobes whilst similtaneously being branded a transphobe by trans activists.

Pick your side and live on the extreme fringe of that side; that's apparently the only option.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:01 PM #14

[Protests were sparked in Los Angeles
after a viral video showed a customer complaining
about a transgender woman who
allegedly exposed their penis in a steam room

The video sparked a protest against transgender
people using the spa steam room,
which was met by a counter-project by
Antifa activists
Hordes of people showed up
outside of Wi Spa on Wilshire Boulevard
Protesters were seen assaulting an
independent journalist who was hit
in the head with a pipe

Videos also showed melees between
the two groups as they brawled
on the streets of Los Angeles]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...enis-kids.html
Old 04-07-2021, 02:07 PM #15
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
The least accurate thing you can say about the group that's supposedly pro-male genitals in girls faces, is that it's a reactionary position.

I absolutely agree with the bit in bold though.
Of course it's reactrionary; it's a pre-scripted stock reaction to an expected set of events. There is no thought, there is no rationale, and these groups have a lot (a LOT) more in common than they do setting them apart. That's the most worrying part. The idea that these represent different ends of a spectrum... they don't. They're different flavours of the same brand of ice-cream, and it would take a lot (a lot, lot, lot) to convince me that the people with the masks, placards and loudspeakers don't have a hell of a lot more of the features of reactionary conservatism than they do anything remotely resembling progressives/liberalism. It's BS. It's a reactionary conservative mindset that happens to be infused with a different set of core values - the people involved are generally very young. This is their conservatism, and the groups seen in these videos are ALL employing the tactics of facism.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 04-07-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:22 PM #16
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Last edited by Tom4784; 20-12-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:27 PM #17
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Of course it's reactrionary; it's a pre-scripted stock reaction to an expected set of events. There is no thought, there is no rationale, and these groups have a lot (a LOT) more in common than they do setting them apart. That's the most worrying part. The idea that these represent different ends of a spectrum... they don't. They're different flavours of the same brand of ice-cream, and it would take a lot (a lot, lot, lot) to convince me that the people with the masks, placards and loudspeakers don't have a hell of a lot more of the features of reactionary conservatism than they do anything remotely resembling progressives/liberalism. It's BS. It's a reactionary conservative mindset that happens to be infused with a different set of core values - the people involved are generally very young. This is their conservatism, and the groups seen in these videos are ALL employing the tactics of facism.
I think we're working from different definitions of reactionary. I agree with pretty much everything else you wrote after the initial definition, but I disagree that any movement that doesn't yet have full recognition could ever be conserved.

There are plenty of other useable descriptors we would probably agree on without any hassle, such as puritanical.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:11 PM #18
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
But see this is where it all falls apart. The blatant transhobia and lack of rational, clear and understandable protest in this video means that "the other side" will only react to that - the language used, the anger, the actual transphobia present... and the calmer voices in the background saying;

"The way she's framing this is indeed transphobic however there is still something here that needs addressing"

Get totally drowned out and lost. Anyone who doesn't unquestioningly accept that there should be "no debate" over things like changing areas is immediately branded transphobic in anger... anyone who believes that there is actually a way forward with some consideration is likewise lumped in with one side or the other. Or both. It's amazingly easy to be dismissed as a "trans ally" by actual transphobes whilst similtaneously being branded a transphobe by trans activists.

Pick your side and live on the extreme fringe of that side; that's apparently the only option.
the poor lady has just had a cock and balls thrust in her face in a ladies changing room, I think we can allow her a degree of shock and anger and the staff are not exactly handling this well either
Old 04-07-2021, 04:16 PM #19
-

-

Puritanical is a good word for it, I think I've descended a bit into ranting on this thread but I'm struggling a bit with this stuff at the moment. I've always been frustrated by the insistent moral absolutism and what I thought was refusal to engage with the more complicated, more nuanced discussion of how to get to a point of successful optimal interweaving of rights... but I'm starting to get to a place of accepting that it isn't refusal to have those discussions - it's inability. It's beyond the scope of what the groups who get heavily involved in the "conversation" (argument) are actually capable of. Rapidly losing hope.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:17 PM #20

Quote:
The poor lady has just had a cock and balls thrust in her face in a ladies changing room, I think we can allow her a degree of shock and anger and the staff are not exactly handling this well either

Yes that is Shocking

Last edited by arista; 04-07-2021 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:21 PM #21
-

-

Quote:
the poor lady has just had a cock and balls thrust in her face in a ladies changing room, I think we can allow her a degree of shock and anger and the staff are not exactly handling this well either
In this case it descends to a point where the outcome is never going to be anything but backlash and people won't listen to what the problem actually was. She descends into just repeatedly arguing "No that is a man! That is a man! Transexuals don't exist!"

The crux of the argument is already lost.

With a more level head, if she had said; "Whether you're saying the individual is a man or a woman is irrelevant - it is their penis."

They can't argue with that statement other than to say "So what if it is?" and then you can quickly lead them to a place where they have no choice but to attempt to justify that it's OK for someone to expose their penis to young girls. A very, very hard argument to make - I'd like to see someone give it a go.

But if you don't do that the possibility of making that point vanishes and the argument will only focus on "OMG you said there's no such thing as transwomen". What the individual did or didn't do becomes irrelevant and the whole thing gets swallowed up in the endless clash of the wider debate.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 04-07-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:23 PM #22
You know my methods

You know my methods

Tucker has featured this on his show

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lgbtq-...irls-at-la-spa
Old 04-07-2021, 04:33 PM #23
-

-

I'm sure she had a point in there somewhere but oh my. It was... difficult to decipher. I think(?) I largely agree with her main point and it's what I said above - the "wider clash between ideologies" here has managed to completely over-ride the fact that an INDIVIDUAL (seemingly) chose to expose their junk in front of children and that in itself must surely be considered a problem... and it highlights why the concerns of women in terms of single-sex spaces are not unfounded and why SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE ffs needs to sit down and start having rational, level-headed, grown up conversations about what needs to happen to make things the best they can be for everyone. Open, honest debate that isn't being constantly shut down by angry screaming from both corners.

Tucker himself is as always a slack-jawed arsehole, but I get that it's a gimmick that appeals to his core audience.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:41 PM #24
You know my methods

You know my methods

Interesting comment from the Independent article on this:

" It is outrageous that the feelings of a fraction of a percent of the population - deluded men with a colossal sense of male entitlement - should override the safeguarding of 50 percent of the population. This was an adult man exposing his genitals to women and little girls in a women-only safe space. A few years ago he would have been prosecuted, now he is defended and the women who complain are vilified - what the hell is going on?"
Old 04-07-2021, 04:42 PM #25
You know my methods

You know my methods

Being debated LIVE on LBC right now

https://www.lbc.co.uk/

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
angeles, antifa, attack, female, front, group, individual, kids, la, los, preachers, section, spa, street, transgender, usa, walks, women