Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 28-07-2021, 09:33 PM #1

Default Anyone know a special?

I am thinking about joining the police as a special.

Just to do in my spare-time.

I have always been fascinated in the emergency services. Even growing up, The Bill was my favourite programme.

Do you know anyone or have any experience/stories?

I am used to dealing with challenging situations and even once was pretty close to getting run over

I'm not 100% sure it would be for me as i don't think you ever are with something like that, but it's worth a shot maybe.

Last edited by ThomasC; 28-07-2021 at 09:36 PM.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2021, 10:25 PM #2

I've honestly never heard of a 'special'
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 03:52 AM #3

Have they now stopped Funding "Specials"
I think.

Are you in love with the Uniform?

Last edited by arista; 29-07-2021 at 03:53 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 04:27 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post

https://www.met.police.uk/car/career...marketingimage
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 05:59 AM #5
Sod orf

Sod orf

They have PCSO's now.

Police Community Support Officers.

They're useless.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 08:04 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
It's a voluntary police officer, but you have all the same powers as a regular police officer.

Only difference is you don't get paid for it and have to do a minimum of so many hours. It's very little though so I could just do one shift a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Have they now stopped Funding "Specials"
I think.

Are you in love with the Uniform?
I'm not sure. I'm going to look into it. I know they're recruiting for regular officers, but don't want to do that.

Yeah I like the uniform, but lots of other things too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
They have PCSO's now.

Police Community Support Officers.

They're useless.
I wouldn't say they're useless. They have an important role to play.
Old 29-07-2021, 08:43 AM #7
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
It's a voluntary police officer, but you have all the same powers as a regular police officer.

Only difference is you don't get paid for it and have to do a minimum of so many hours. It's very little though so I could just do one shift a week.

I'm not sure. I'm going to look into it. I know they're recruiting for regular officers, but don't want to do that.

Yeah I like the uniform, but lots of other things too.

I wouldn't say they're useless. They have an important role to play.
Important my arse.

Arista, this guy needs to see how AB deals with PCSO's

Watch some "Auditing Britain" on YouTube before you make the decision to join the force. He learns Police constables how to be Police constables and not Police Officers. He gives better training than they teach at Police school.
Old 29-07-2021, 08:52 AM #8

Quote:
Important my arse.

Arista, this guy needs to see how AB deals with PCSO's

Watch some "Auditing Britain" on YouTube before you make the decision to join the force. He learns Police constables how to be Police constables and not Police Officers. He gives better training than they teach at Police school.
I know exactly who AB is and I've seen his videos and he's a twat.

He purposely looks for trouble. He relies on them otherwise he'd have no videos.

He's the most argumentative twat I've seen.

If you're going to film outside police stations in the current climate don't be shocked when you're stopped and asked why. It's not rocket science. He's embarrassing

Last edited by ThomasC; 29-07-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old 29-07-2021, 09:01 AM #9
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I know exactly who AB is and I've seen his videos and he's a twat.

He purposely looks for trouble. He relies on them otherwise he'd have no videos.

He's the most argumentative twat I've seen.
No, he minds his own business, doing a legal activity and exposes the cops who try to bully and harras him, sometimes infringe on his rights.

This is a good community service that he provides to the public. The Police are our public servants whom we pay for, so it's important for us to see them in action and make sure they're not abusing the authority we allow them.

There are some good constables out there, but there are also some bad eggs that do abuse that power. We the people need to know that our money is being used correctly.

Last edited by Alf; 29-07-2021 at 09:03 AM.
Old 29-07-2021, 09:01 AM #10
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Ours are pretty active in the community they go around in pairs on bikes, and have coffee mornings with residents, I think you might enjoy that!

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 09:08 AM #11

Quote:
No, he minds his own business, doing a legal activity and exposes the cops who try to bully and harras him, sometimes infringe on his rights.

This is a good community service that he provides to the public. The Police are our public servants whom we pay for, so it's important for us to see them in action and make sure they're not abusing the authority we allow them.

There are some good constables out there, but there are also some bad eggs that do abuse that power. We the people need to know that our money is being used correctly.
Most of his videos I have seen have been where he's outside a police station filming. When police then come to ask him why he gets all defensive.

If you can't understand why it would be of concern them there is something wrong.

He then tries to provoke them and gets all argumentative. He puts words in their mouth.

He does it for a reaction.

It might be legal; however police are well within their rights and powers to ask. If they didn't and something tragic happened then you'd also be blaming them for not doing their jobs.

They don't know him and what his intentions are, good or bad.

It's actually embarrassing. It's a shame there are a minority who hate on the police.
Old 29-07-2021, 09:09 AM #12
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Ours are pretty active in the community they go around in pairs on bikes, and have coffee mornings with residents, I think you might enjoy that!
I tend to think he wouldn’t, they get a lot of abuse and get sent to low end jobs

I think he should sign up for the Samaritans or some charity organisation and help those who are having a hard time

Policing is thankless job with little in the way of job satisfaction
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 09:14 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
I tend to think he wouldn’t, they get a lot of abuse and get sent to low end jobs

I think he should sign up for the Samaritans or some charity organisation and help those who are having a hard time

Policing is thankless job with little in the way of job satisfaction
Yeah I wouldn't want to be a PCSO. Whilst I respect the hard work that they do, they just don't have the legal rights to enforce which would mean my hands are tied.

I already help those who are having a hard time, this would just be different. I don't know whether I would like it and part of me doubts my ability. I've always just got quite excited with this sort of thing, but never really pursued it...I think it's the adrenaline which I like. I think you can give as little or as much time as you like,,,I think they expect you to do 16 hours a month which is 4 a week......I already have lots on at work so it could work for me...I'm just very indecisive generally
Old 29-07-2021, 09:15 AM #14
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Most of his videos I have seen have been where he's outside a police station filming. When police then come to ask him why he gets all defensive.

If you can't understand why it would be of concern them there is something wrong.

He then tries to provoke them and gets all argumentative. He puts words in their mouth.

It might be legal; however police are well within their rights and powers to ask. If they didn't and something tragic happened then you'd also be blaming them for not doing their jobs.

It's actually embarrassing. It's a shame there are a minority who hate on the police.
I agree with most of what you are saying but has I say, the police are just men and women in uniform doing a job, and they don’t become saints when they put it on they have their same faults like every one else

And there some criminals in uniform
Old 29-07-2021, 09:16 AM #15
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

oh my bad I thought they were the same thing, never heard of a special then

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 09:17 AM #16

Quote:
I agree with most of what you are saying but has I say, the police are just men and women in uniform doing a job, and they don’t become saints when they put it on they have their same faults like every one else

And there some criminals in uniform
Ohhh yeah 100% and power does go to people's heads.

This YouTuber though purposely goes out looking for a reaction though and is defensive/argumentative.... But it's all for likes on youtubey. Pretty sad really.
Old 29-07-2021, 09:18 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
oh my bad I thought they were the same thing, never heard of a special then
Yeah they're different. Do the same job as normal police officers but don't get paid
Old 29-07-2021, 09:18 AM #18
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:

It's mainly their attitudes when approaching a member of the public that he exposes. Public servents ain't supposed to be rude and aggressive to the people who pay for their service.

He also exposes some of them for making up a crime on the spot that didn't even happen, just to get his details from him. That's not on and needs exposing.

But the main thing I take away from his videos is, what are they teaching at Police School?
Old 29-07-2021, 09:29 AM #19

Quote:
It's mainly their attitudes when approaching a member of the public that he exposes. Public servents ain't supposed to be rude and aggressive to the people who pay for their service.

He also exposes some of them for making up a crime on the spot that didn't even happen, just to get his details from him. That's not on and needs exposing.

But the main thing I take away from his videos is, what are they teaching at Police School?
What about his attitude?

I could say the sky is blue, you'd say it's pink. We'll agree to disagree.

They're teaching something right for him to be questioned as to his actions when the threat level is severe... He's never clear on what he's doing just says 'for matters of public interest'.... Then keeps repeating himself and doesn't listen.
Old 29-07-2021, 09:37 AM #20
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
What about his attitude?

I could say the sky is blue, you'd say it's pink. We'll agree to disagree.

They're teaching something right for him to be questioned as to his actions when the threat level is severe... He's never clear on what he's doing just says 'for matters of public interest'.... Then keeps repeating himself and doesn't listen.
It's none of their business what he's doing, he doesn't have to answer them at all. Suspicion or in reality Police paranoia is not a crime.

I can’t go upto someone in the street and make a citizens arrest on them just because I personally think they might be up to no good, I'd get done for harassment. People have rights in this country and we must preserve them
Old 29-07-2021, 09:40 AM #21
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Ohhh yeah 100% and power does go to people's heads.

This YouTuber though purposely goes out looking for a reaction though and is defensive/argumentative.... But it's all for likes on youtubey. Pretty sad really.
Yes there are a few that do that but the police play into there hands by going over the top and gives the you tubers the reaction they want
Old 29-07-2021, 09:51 AM #22

Quote:
It's none of their business what he's doing, he doesn't have to answer them at all. Suspicion or in reality Police paranoia is not a crime.

I can’t go upto someone in the street and make a citizens arrest on them just because I personally think they might be up to no good, I'd get done for harassment. People have rights in this country and we must preserve them
Of course it is their business.

He's filming outside a police station. Yes, it's public property, but it is going to cause suspicion until they can verify the reasons as to why he is doing it. He might have bad intentions for all they know.

If police suspect that a crime might be comitted then they are well within their rights. The fact someone is filming outside a police station when the threat level is suspicious gives them reasonable grounds to suspect that a crime might be comitted.

The police wouldn't just necessarily go up to someone filming, but when it's outside a police station they probably would.

Yes, people have rights and no one is stopping that. From a lot of the videos I have seen he has been asked nicely the reasons as to why he is filming. AB will then go off on one without listening to what they are saying. If he is completely open and honest from the start then there would probably be no problem, but he isn't. Saying that it's for matters of public interest doesn't mean anything and they want to keep everyone safe so just want to clarify.

BUT obviously, he wants them to be there as long as possible and argue with them because he gets views for it.
Old 29-07-2021, 09:53 AM #23

Quote:
Yes there are a few that do that but the police play into there hands by going over the top and gives the you tubers the reaction they want
I just can't get my head around it.

They have a hard enough job as it is without some moron trying to cause an argument for the sake of likes. it's pathetic.

And yet, I am sure if any of them needed help they'd ring them.

If you're being frosty then you're going to get the same response back.
Old 29-07-2021, 10:36 AM #24
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

As if my joke got deleted

The scars on my mind are on replay

Last edited by Smithy; 29-07-2021 at 10:36 AM.
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 11:31 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
As if my joke got deleted
What joke?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
special