Notices

Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 Big Brother UK (BB20) started October 8th 2023 on ITV2 and ITVX.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:30 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Ika
BBUSA18: Da'Vonne

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Ika
BBUSA18: Da'Vonne

Default Anyone remember when BB was so big they could get away with this advertising?

Never before seen logo
No explanation of what the show was
No explanation of where to watch it
Everyone just knew it was Big Brother.

Hard to imagine any reboot could ever get away with this today!

Last edited by 12bigbrother12; 11-08-2021 at 10:35 AM.
12bigbrother12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:54 PM #2
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

That was crazy times.

I still think that the Show could be big if it came back and was managed properly.

If it were me bringing it back this is what I'd do to try and get it back to the height of it's popularity.

1. Bring back Live Feed in some capacity, either on TV, a Streaming platform like Netflix, or by pressing the red button. But to me it has to be there otherwise Big Brother's concept of being like 1984 doesn't exist and it's just an imposter pretending to be Big Brother.

2. Get the Documentary styled filming technique back as I personally liked that style more than the filming style that Ch5 BB went for which just looked really tacky, and more suited to a Drama Show.

3. The casting would need to be more diverse again, and I don't just mean racially, but also sexuality, nationality, and heck someone from Birmingham would be nice. Because my main issue with Ch5 was they would mainly cast middle to upper class straight white people from London, Essex, or Kent, there's nothing wrong with casting those types of people, but it shouldn't be 95% of the lineup.

4. Bring BBLB back as it was the best BB spinoff Show imo.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 10:55 AM #3
folklore

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

folklore

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
That was crazy times.

I still think that the Show could be big if it came back and was managed properly.

If it were me bringing it back this is what I'd do to try and get it back to the height of it's popularity.

1. Bring back Live Feed in some capacity, either on TV, a Streaming platform like Netflix, or by pressing the red button. But to me it has to be there otherwise Big Brother's concept of being like 1984 doesn't exist and it's just an imposter pretending to be Big Brother.

2. Get the Documentary styled filming technique back as I personally liked that style more than the filming style that Ch5 BB went for which just looked really tacky, and more suited to a Drama Show.

3. The casting would need to be more diverse again, and I don't just mean racially, but also sexuality, nationality, and heck someone from Birmingham would be nice. Because my main issue with Ch5 was they would mainly cast middle to upper class straight white people from London, Essex, or Kent, there's nothing wrong with casting those types of people, but it shouldn't be 95% of the lineup.

4. Bring BBLB back as it was the best BB spinoff Show imo.
Realistically, if the show was ever to return it would be more live Love Island than Big Brother now, down to the fact that's what reality looks like now. The traditional forms of Big Brother won't work and 24/7 live feed wouldn't capture attention now, compared to the early days.

It'd be competing with streaming services and on demand, so if it ever comes back it'll have to be drastically different.
Old 16-08-2021, 04:41 PM #4

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Asttina Mandela

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Asttina Mandela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
Realistically, if the show was ever to return it would be more live Love Island than Big Brother now, down to the fact that's what reality looks like now. The traditional forms of Big Brother won't work and 24/7 live feed wouldn't capture attention now, compared to the early days.

It'd be competing with streaming services and on demand, so if it ever comes back it'll have to be drastically different.
Yep. Probably similar to how BB Australia are doing it and possibly having it even pre recorded.
Maxxie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 04:51 PM #5
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post

Personally Reality TV has niched it's audience ever since it's gone more like Love Island imo.

Big Brother in it's peak could get about 8 million viewers, and at it's very peak even reached 10 million viewers on Channel 4.

The Reality Show that pulls in the biggest audience is Strictly, and the Show that's growing the most in it's audience numbers is The Masked Singer, both are nothing like Love Island.

MasterChef & Great British Bakeoff also have respectable fanbases too and again they're nothing like Love Island.

I get that there is an audience for people pretending to fall in love with each other, but I do think that it's a myth that most Reality TV fans want that kinda product because the ratings and critical response does say otherwise and I think that TV Channels need to start tapping into that audience more often.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 16-08-2021 at 04:53 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
advertising, bb, big, remember