Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 23-08-2021, 06:15 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
But we have a BBC building in Hull, and the public are welcome to walk into the foyer area. Obviously we the public own the BBC so that should be the case.

Sod the BBC

Ch4HDnews and ITV1HD news (ITN building) far better
TRTworldHD is great
WION HD is great.
SkyNewsHD is great.
CNN HD is great.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 06:20 PM #27
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Sod the BBC

Ch4HDnews and ITV1HD news (ITN building) far better
TRTworldHD is great
WION HD is great.
SkyNewsHD is great.
CNN HD is great.
All fake news, owned and controlled.

The people are the greatest information sources, not some over-payed snob sat behind a desk in a designer suit.

The old style media is dying out, we're just witnessing it's death throes at the moment.

Last edited by Alf; 23-08-2021 at 06:23 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 06:34 PM #28

Quote:
All fake news, owned and controlled.

The people are the greatest information sources, not some over-payed snob sat behind a desk in a designer suit.

The old style media is dying out, we're just witnessing it's death throes at the moment.
The BBC news is 'crap' though Alf its unwatchable.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 09:03 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Last edited by Tom4784; 20-12-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 09:40 PM #30
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Anti-vaxxer scum.

I'm so tired of these ****ing crazed morons and how they'll act like the medical profession is against them, but as soon as they're dying from Covid, they run to the hospitals and take up beds. These arseholes should have conviction in their beliefs and stay at home, they don't believe Covid is all that bad? Let them choke on their own failure to breath in the safety of their own home, because after all, if they don't trust medical science when it comes to vaccines, why do they trust that medical science will save them when they're ill?

If someone doesn't trust vaccines, they shouldn't take up NHS resources when they're dying of Covid.
You're always tired of things, maybe you should get some sleep? Nobody cares what you're tired of, it's not up to you.
Old 23-08-2021, 09:42 PM #31
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Anti-vaxxer scum.

I'm so tired of these ****ing crazed morons and how they'll act like the medical profession is against them, but as soon as they're dying from Covid, they run to the hospitals and take up beds. These arseholes should have conviction in their beliefs and stay at home, they don't believe Covid is all that bad? Let them choke on their own failure to breath in the safety of their own home, because after all, if they don't trust medical science when it comes to vaccines, why do they trust that medical science will save them when they're ill?

If someone doesn't trust vaccines, they shouldn't take up NHS resources when they're dying of Covid.
Your last sentence proves that you don't care whether people live or die, so why should they care what you want them to do?

Last edited by Alf; 23-08-2021 at 09:43 PM.
Old 23-08-2021, 10:25 PM #32
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs down

Quote:
Anti-vaxxer scum.

Smokers
Drinkers

Wow
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 11:45 PM #33
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Smokers
Drinkers

Wow
Have to admit I largely agree with that; if you support universal healthcare (and everyone should) then you support universal healthcare.

It's a can of worms otherwise.

Not just unhealthy lifestyle choices like smoking, drinking, over-eating, but even activity choices... riding a motorbike, climbing, horse riding, skateboarding etc. all carry a risk of injury that's "above normal activity" - there's really nowhere to draw a firm line so "for everyone" just has to mean "for everyone" whether they make good decisions or not.

Although in truth the "most expensive" thing you can do to the NHS is live past 80. Cobbling old people back together for a decade or two costs a fortune.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 01:59 AM #34
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Old 24-08-2021, 02:01 AM #35
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Old 24-08-2021, 05:02 AM #36
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i think the covid vaccination is very much a special case. It hasn't had the usual 10-20 years settling in period where people have a chance to accept it. However, even if i didnt want the jab, i wouldn't go out and disrupt and protest, i just wouldn't get the jab. This is what i personally don't understand.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 06:04 AM #37
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

There is a difference between being anti vac and anti vac passports, many vaccinated people do not want a system where vaccination status has to be proven, and it is becoming more and more common, we have been ‘invited’ at work to share our vaccination status...not mandatory at the moment but can see that changing

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 06:45 AM #38
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i think companies will be forced into requiring vaccination proof because it is the only way they will be able to get workplace insurance. Insurance will ultimately drive it across the world
Old 24-08-2021, 07:01 AM #39

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Anti-vaxxer scum.

Does that go for people who dont take it because of religious beliefs as well?
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 02:44 PM #40
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
And this post proves you struggle with reading comprehension if that's what you got out of it. Spend less time believing conspiracy theories, more time developing your reading skills.

If someone is going to be anti-vax in a time of a global pandemic, then they should stick by their own convictions if they get it, they shouldn't trust doctors to care for them, when they demonised them before. They shouldn't be hypocrites and take up beds because they're dumb enough to believe nonsense on facebook.

Also your faux outrage is laughable disingenuous. Do better.

I will continue to have my say whether you like it or not, I know that must be upsetting since Qanon supporters don't really believe in freedom of speech but I couldn't give a ****.

Feel free to stick me on ignore if my opinions offend you so deeply, I won't care either way.
You think that men can actually become women and you have the nerve to call me a conspiracy theorist. You live in cuckoo land.
Old 24-08-2021, 03:48 PM #41
-

-

Quote:
You think that men can actually become women and you have the nerve to call me a conspiracy theorist. You live in cuckoo land.
To be fair Alf... you are a literal conspiracy theorist...
Old 24-08-2021, 03:53 PM #42
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
To be fair Alf... you are a literal conspiracy theorist...
No, there are only theories. Conspiracy theory as we know the meaning today was made up in the 1950s by the CIA to ridicule opinions and theories they want to cover up and try to make the person out to be mad, like the Kennedy assassination. And today it's used by people like you for the same reason.

I think it's fear from you, you're scared to challenge authorities, even when the evidence is in your face, that's fear.

Last edited by Alf; 24-08-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old 24-08-2021, 03:59 PM #43
You know my methods

You know my methods

I believe all these conspiracy theorists are in cahoots with the Chinese and are actually trying to take over the world

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 04:10 PM #44
-

-

Quote:
No, there are only theories. Conspiracy theory as we know the meaning today was made up in the 1950s by the CIA to shut down opinions and theories they want to cover up, like the Kennedy assassination. And today it's used by people like you for the same reason.

I think it's fear from you, you're scared to challenge authorities, even when the evidence is in your face, that's fear.
I literally just posted that I think there's shady **** going on with the US govt. (spanning the last two presidents) and the situation on Afghanistan over in that thread Alf I'm not scared to question the status quo... most of what we're sold is absolute crap. Just because something is a conspiracy theory doesn't mean it's incorrect... it's just that the theory involves a conspiracy. Conspiracies happen .

What I do think is daft is believing that Trump/the Trump administration somehow operates outside of this system, when he's just another cog in the shady US political system. I don't and never have denied that Biden is too, and all of the rest of them. The only difference between them was that Trump was also problematic for other reasons (namely, blatant ties to Russia and because he was a beacon for white supremacists).

Biden started dropping in my estimations almost as soon as he hit office so the whole thing is rotten to the core.

But with all of the above said,

Q conspiracies that Trump is somehow sneakily still pulling the strings are utter nonsense. Realising that doesn't have anything to do with being "afraid to challenge authority". It's almost like you've never read any of my posts
Old 24-08-2021, 04:33 PM #45
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:

It's almost like you've never read any of my posts
the biggest conspiracy theory of them all
Old 24-08-2021, 04:36 PM #46
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I literally just posted that I think there's shady **** going on with the US govt. (spanning the last two presidents) and the situation on Afghanistan over in that thread Alf I'm not scared to question the status quo... most of what we're sold is absolute crap. Just because something is a conspiracy theory doesn't mean it's incorrect... it's just that the theory involves a conspiracy. Conspiracies happen .

What I do think is daft is believing that Trump/the Trump administration somehow operates outside of this system, when he's just another cog in the shady US political system. I don't and never have denied that Biden is too, and all of the rest of them. The only difference between them was that Trump was also problematic for other reasons (namely, blatant ties to Russia and because he was a beacon for white supremacists).

Biden started dropping in my estimations almost as soon as he hit office so the whole thing is rotten to the core.

Q conspiracies that Trump is somehow sneakily still pulling the strings are utter nonsense. Realising that doesn't have anything to do with being "afraid to challenge authority". It's almost like you've never read any of my posts
Watch what happens, not what is said.

You think Governor Cummo would have been exposed if Biden was in charge? No way, he was exposed because the deep state are not in charge, and many are and are going to be following Cummo.

If Biden was in charge, then he wouldn't be getting made to look like the fool he is coming across as. Mistake after mistake, blunder after blunder by him are being exposed daily.

Trump didn't and hasn't ever conceded to Biden. That's an important point. A point that no mainstream media wants to discuss.

Last edited by Alf; 24-08-2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old 24-08-2021, 04:40 PM #47
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Old 24-08-2021, 04:43 PM #48
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Old 24-08-2021, 04:49 PM #49
-

-

Quote:

You think Governor Cummo would have been exposed if Biden was in charge? No way, he was exposed because the deep state are not in charge, and many are and are going to be following Cummo.
I've been quite clear that I don't think any president is ever truly in charge . In fact I find it crazy to believe that they are.

Quote:
If Biden was in charge, then he wouldn't be getting made to look like the fool he is coming across as. Mistake after mistake, blunder after blunder by him are being exposed daily.
...but exactly the same thing was happening every day when Trump was in office. Looking like a tit in the news, mistake after mistake, blunder after blunder. So by your own logic Trump wasn't in charge either. Which I believe. See I don't think your flaw is in believing that Biden isn't in charge; I think it's in believing that Trump is "stioll in charge" (or was ever in charge).

Quote:
Trump didn't and hasn't ever conceded to Biden. That's an important point. A point that no mainstream media wants to discuss.
It's not an important point, and they don't discuss it becuase they don't need to discuss it... the concession of the presidency pre-Jan-20th is a largely ceremonial custom. Trump didn't do it (as predicted) but that has no effect at all on the transition of power at Jan 20th. Trump conceding is not a necessary part of the process and never was... so why would they still be discussing it?
Old 24-08-2021, 04:55 PM #50
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:

Democrats eat their own all the time so this is a weird take in the midst of a sea of weird takes. Lets take Al franken who was hounded out of his role (correctly) because of sexual harassment, and yet republicans just batten down the hatches and fight it out.

I really can't work out whether you've actually drunk the Kool aid, or whether this is some immaculate piece of tibb performance art.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 24-08-2021 at 05:00 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
200, antivaxxers, channel 4, hq, itv, london, news, storm