Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 14-10-2021, 08:56 AM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Default David Guetta wins the DJ Mag Top 100 2021

Quote:
I’m so proud to be a part of this amazing industry and can’t express my gratitude to everyone who voted me your No.1 DJ for a second year in a row. It means so much. I’ve been working really hard this year, we took United at Home to new heights, finally reunited on the dance floor and I’ve released more music than ever. It’s been amazing to play new music live and the energy and reactions from the crowd is what keeps me going after all these years. Music is my passion and to be able to live that everyday is all thanks to my fans. I’d like to thank my team, and all of the artists and producers I’ve been working with the past year. I’m so grateful to all the DJs who have been supporting my music. We’ve built a culture with my Future Rave sound together with MORTEN and Future Rave 2.0 is on the way. After being back on stage, at clubs and festivals, I have the feeling that dance and electronic music is coming back stronger than ever. – David Guetta
Every year, DJ Mag launches its annual DJ poll, where fans all around the world can choose five different DJs and rank them. 1.3 million users have voted this year.

This year the celebration took place during Amsterdam Music Festival at AFAS Live. Thanks to the new regulation by the Dutch government, ADE was able to go forward and, with it, the in-person Award Ceremony.

In this year’s Top 100 DJs by DJ Mag, we have seen a shuffling of positions. Starting from the bottom, at the 98th position Italian groove and house music duo Daddy’s Groove. At the 87th we find the sexy duo, Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano. Up to four positions, D.O.D. is number 79th preceded by Deniz Koyu at the 71st. Zedd and Alesso are back to back, respectively at the 64th and 63rd spots. Up 14 position there’s Nora En Pure at the 59 and Adam Beyer at 58. Deadmau5 positions himself at the 52nd spot, up to 12 seats. Another great climbing by Amelie Lens, who is up 15 places at the 44th spot. Morten is a new entry at position 39 preceded by Peggy Gou at the 38th as the highest climber. Dj Snake stops at position 33 slightly below Eric Prydz at the 31st. Up 5 places is Nicky Romero (26) and on the 23rs spot, as the highest techno DJ, Charlotte de Witte. Vintage Culture, number 1 in the 1001tracklists Top 101 producers, is placed at position 17 (+13) preceded by Calvin Harris. 8th is Oliver Heldens and Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike dropping at the 5th position.

Interesting how this year the lower part of the ranking, usually where the newcomers position themselves, is packed with Asian upcoming talent; a clear sign that the dance music culture is becoming more and more famous in the region.

No presence of the Swedish House Mafia on the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs.

https://thegroovecartel.com/news/dav...p-100-in-2021/

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
100, 2021, david, dj, guetta, mag, top, wins