Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-01-2024, 01:49 AM #226

I thought he’d been given a loaded gun rather than a replica by the weapons expert on set ?

How can it be his fault ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2024, 01:55 AM #227
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
I thought he’d been given a loaded gun rather than a replica by the weapons expert on set ?

How can it be his fault ?

He shot an innocent women dead. He was the director of the movie (he made the decisions)

He did it.

Why try and defend him?

He F'd up big time. He shouldn't be let off just because he's an elite actor. You wouldn't be allowed get away with it. You'd already be In Prison.

Last edited by Alf; 20-01-2024 at 01:55 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2024, 03:35 AM #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
He shot an innocent women dead. He was the director of the movie (he made the decisions)

He did it.

Why try and defend him?

He F'd up big time. He shouldn't be let off just because he's an elite actor. You wouldn't be allowed get away with it. You'd already be In Prison.

He wouldn’t have pointed the gun at anyone if he knew it was loaded/dangerous though ..

There has to be the element of intent , plus motive ..

Again I don’t know all the details ..

Was he convicted of murder ?

Old 16-04-2024, 07:24 AM #229
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Rust armourer jailed for 18 months for involuntary manslaughter…

Rust armourer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was sentenced to 18 months in prison on Monday for the involuntary manslaughter of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a film set in March 2021.

The 27-year-old had been found guilty for her role in the fatal shooting on a New Mexico film set by a jury in March.

Sentencing her to the maximum jail term requested by prosecutors, Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer told her: “You alone turned a safe weapon into a lethal weapon.”

Hutchins, 42, was killed when the gun, which contained live bullets, went off on the set of Rust, a Western starring Alec Baldwin. The director, Joel Souza, was injured.

The court had been told that Gutierrez-Reed mistakenly loaded a live round into a reproduction Colt .45 revolver which Baldwin fired inside a film-set church.

Baldwin, who was holding the gun when it went off and fired a live bullet, is due to go on trial for involuntary manslaughter in July. He has pleaded not guilty.

Hutchins’s death was Hollywood’s first on-set fatal shooting in nearly 30 years.

Prosecutors said Gutierrez-Reed repeatedly failed to ensure firearm safety and it was her negligence that led to Hutchins’s death.

Wearing tan prison fatigues, Gutierrez-Reed choked back tears as the sentence was passed.

Pleading for leniency, she told the court: “My heart aches for the Hutchins family and friends and colleagues as well.”

“Your honour, when I took on Rust I was young and I was naive. But I took my job as seriously as I knew how to, despite not having proper time, resources and staffing, I just did my best to handle it.”

Asking the court to impose a maximum sentence, the prosecutor said Gutierrez-Reed had shown no remorse, as had been demonstrated by calls she had made from jail to her mother, boyfriend and legal teams.

At one point she described the jury that had convicted her as “a-holes and idiots”.

Friends and family of Ukrainian-born Hutchins paid an emotional tribute to the cinematographer, who was married with a young son.

Hutchins’s father said in a statement read in court: “Each person responsible… needs to carry the punishment that is equal to their guilt.

“Maybe, just maybe, this might prevent the same type of tragedies in the future to others, and spare other parents from such a heart-wrenching catastrophe.”

Emilia Mendieta, a friend and film school classmate, told the judge: “Someone didn’t do their job right. A lot of someones.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/rust-armou...204441929.html
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2024, 08:32 AM #230

Madness

At the hearing, lead prosecutor Kari Morrissey urged the judge to issue the highest allowable sentence for the “cascade of set violations” that led to Hutchins’ death. She said Gutierrez-Reed “continues to refuse to accept responsibility for her role,” citing nearly 200 calls the prosecution monitored after she was taken into custody.

“Rather than accept responsibility, she has chosen to point blame at the witnesses who testified against her, me, you, the jury, the set medic and the paramedics who tried to save Ms. Hutchins’ life,” Morrissey said. She moved to designate the armorer a “serious violent offender” to limit her eligibility for a sentence reduction.

Sommer said that Gutierrez-Reed conveyed in those calls that the armorer largely considered the prosecution a “character attack on her” and was “dismissive” of her role in the shooting. Gutierrez-Reed also allegedly said without evidence that the judge was “getting paid off.”

Old 16-04-2024, 09:22 AM #231
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
He wouldn’t have pointed the gun at anyone if he knew it was loaded/dangerous though ..

There has to be the element of intent , plus motive ..

Again I don’t know all the details ..

Was he convicted of murder ?

Regardless that the armourer was far too young and far too stupid to be working on a film, Alex Baldwin pointed a firearm and pulled the trigger without checking it. No one who knows anything about firearms would ever do that. The gun was in his hand, he had a duty to check it.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
actor, alec, baldwin, dead, people, set, shoots