Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-10-2021, 11:49 AM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
So the professional who has seen all the evidence months after it was collected and agrees with your train of thought is credible but the professional who worked the case as it happened isn't credible and could believe in God? Riiigghht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Seems about right.....
"McHoskey (1995) found that conspiracy beliefs may be in part a product of biased assimilation—accepting information that confirms one’s views and scrutinizing information that disconfirms one’s views (see also Thorson, 2015)."
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 12:02 PM #27
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
"McHoskey (1995) found that conspiracy beliefs may be in part a product of biased assimilation—accepting information that confirms one’s views and scrutinizing information that disconfirms one’s views (see also Thorson, 2015)."
Yeah i can definitely see that. Tbh when it first happened I didn't think the parents did have anything to do with it, It's not a nice thought to think they did, I don't want them to have had anything to do with it (well a part from, it may have been the easiest thing for Madeline herself to have died in an accident, some of the other scenarios could be awful) but thinking a parent or both parents were responsible in some way is awful. I guess, to me when I think about how they were willing to leave 3 virtual babies alone at night in an an apartment, the likelihood of some thing happening accidentally seems likely to me.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 12:10 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

I haven’t really followed the case from the beginning or read anything in detail about it, but weren’t all the adults dining that night taking it in turns to check on all the kids every half hour? How would it be possible for one of the McCanns to dispose of her body so thoroughly that it has never been found in that time frame? For those who think the parents did it, what are the theories concerning the hiding of the body?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 12:19 PM #29
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I haven’t really followed the case from the beginning or read anything in detail about it, but weren’t all the adults dining that night taking it in turns to check on all the kids every half hour? How would it be possible for one of the McCanns to dispose of her body so thoroughly that it has never been found in that time frame? For those who think the parents did it, what are the theories concerning the hiding of the body?
I mean they Said they were but that doesn't mean that's true and that's the actual window of opportunity, They also refused to do a reenactment for the investigation

Concerning hiding the body? I have no idea but I don't think you really need to have a theory on what they did with her afterwards to think they might be involved in some way

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 26-10-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old 26-10-2021, 12:30 PM #30
-

-

Quote:
They claimed so however in my opinion they were most likely checking far less often, and they collectively decided to say they checked frequently as they knew it would look worse if they admitted it was infrequent (or not at all).
Old 26-10-2021, 01:00 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

It still means there was a limited time frame to hide Maddies body so thoroughly that it has never been found in what is really a limited seach area if it was them that caused her death.
....and as the kids were all playing together before bedtime, either or both of the McCanns would have to have been missing from the meal for quite some time in that case....
Much more likely that she was taken and driven far away by a stranger.
Old 26-10-2021, 01:08 PM #32
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It still means there was a limited time frame to hide Maddies body so thoroughly that it has never been found in what is really a limited seach area if it was them that caused her death.
....and as the kids were all playing together before bedtime, either or both of the McCanns would have to have been missing from the meal for quite some time in that case....
Much more likely that she was taken and driven far away by a stranger.
All what kids? When was she actually seen alive by people other than the McCanns or their friends?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 01:19 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
All what kids? When was she actually seen alive by people other than the McCanns or their friends?
The friends kids. Do you think the McCanns friends knew they caused her death and have been covering for them all these years?
Old 26-10-2021, 01:21 PM #34
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The friends kids. Do you think the McCanns friends knew they caused her death and have been covering for them all these years?
I just checked and the last time anyone saw Maddie was 6pm at the Kids club where Maddie and the twins ate dinner then returned to the apartment, they didn't see or play with anyone elses kids after that

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/...adeleinemccann

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 01:50 PM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I just checked and the last time anyone saw Maddie was 6pm at the Kids club where Maddie and the twins ate dinner then returned to the apartment, they didn't see or play with anyone elses kids after that

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/...adeleinemccann
Gerry asked a friend to check on Kate and the kids at 6.30 and arrives back at the apartment at 7PM.
So there is 1 hour 30 mins - between 7pm and 8.35 to accidentally kill Maddie, dispose of her body so well it has never been found, without being seen by anyone, get back to the apartment and shower and change and be the first to arrive at the restaurant for dinner at 8.35 where they act totally normal? It’s too far fetched for me.

Last edited by jet; 26-10-2021 at 02:01 PM.
Old 26-10-2021, 02:01 PM #36
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Gerry asked a friend to check on Kate and the kids at 6.30 and arrives back at the apartment at 7PM.
So there is 1 hour 30 mins - between 7pm and 8.35 to accidentally kill Maddie, dispose of her body so well it has never been found, get back to the apartment and shower and change and be the first to arrive at the restaurant for dinner at 8.35 where they act totally normal? It’s too far fetched for me.
He did, iirc the versions of events of that that call were very different between Kate and David Payne (the friend) though, it seemed fishy. I'll try to find that if I can for you to read

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 02:02 PM #37
-

-

Quote:
So there is 1 hour 30 mins - between 7pm and 8.35 to accidentally kill Maddie, dispose of her body so well it has never been found, get back to the apartment and shower and change and be the first to arrive at the restaurant for dinner at 8.35 where they act totally normal? It’s too far fetched for me.
Everything between 6pm and 10.15pm is "self reported" (unverified by anyone other than the McCann group). Also, the prevailing theory is that she was hidden nearby and moved the following day.

The theories are compelling and just as realistic as the idea that she was taken (there are several holes in that theory, too) BUT for me the important factor is simply remembering that ALL explanations for what happened to her are just theories.

No one knows what happened to her. There is no solid evidence of any kind. Not of someone who knew her doing harm to her... not of a kidnapping... nothing. The only thing in the entire case that is a verified fact is that she disappeared. A lot of people think it's "established" that she was kidnapped and the idea that this wasn't what happened is a "counter-narrative". This is largely because of how it was reported in the UK press... and is not representative of the facts. It has not been established in any way that she was kidnapped.
Old 26-10-2021, 02:13 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He did, iirc the versions of events of that that call were very different between Kate and David Payne (the friend) though, it seemed fishy. I'll try to find that if I can for you to read
Ok, thanks.
Old 26-10-2021, 02:27 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Everything between 6pm and 10.15pm is "self reported" (unverified by anyone other than the McCann group). Also, the prevailing theory is that she was hidden nearby and moved the following day.

The theories are compelling and just as realistic as the idea that she was taken (there are several holes in that theory, too) BUT for me the important factor is simply remembering that ALL explanations for what happened to her are just theories.

No one knows what happened to her. There is no solid evidence of any kind. Not of someone who knew her doing harm to her... not of a kidnapping... nothing. The only thing in the entire case that is a verified fact is that she disappeared. A lot of people think it's "established" that she was kidnapped and the idea that this wasn't what happened is a "counter-narrative". This is largely because of how it was reported in the UK press... and is not representative of the facts. It has not been established in any way that she was kidnapped.
The only way the McCanns could have done it that I can see is if their friends all agreed to a cover - up and helped them. If that was the case, I wonder how their consciences are faring seeing the McCann’s doing everything they can over the years to keep the case open and alive.
Why on earth would the McCanns do that? Surely they would be saying ‘we got away with it’, and want it forgotten like the thousands of other children who are missing, especially since they have 2 more children to consider?
Old 26-10-2021, 02:29 PM #40
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So these are both from the official Police interviews. As you can see the versions on David calling are different. In Davids version he says he called to check if Kate was Ok about Gerry staying at the tennis court a bit longer where as Kate says that David had called to help her bring the kids down to the recreation area near the courts but that she'd changed her mind about going as the kids were too tired. In Davids version he went inside and marveled at how angelic the kids looked and what a perfect family they were. In Kates version, she'd just got out of the shower when she heard the knock and was wrapped in a towel, David only stood there for 30 seconds and never came in to the apartment -

but I remember then you know I went over to see err Gerry at the err you know tennis courts, just to see you know what was happening, and err decided that we'd, you know I'd come, come back to play tennis and err Gerry had asked me just to pop in and check everything was alright err with Kate or you know again I can't remember the exact reason whether he was just making sure it was alright that he could stay there and you know more time but you know he'd asked me to pop in.
So I walked back err from the tennis courts, err back to err you know Kate and Gerry's apartment and the time you know looking at, you know we've looked obviously at photographs since then and you know the time that we've got that I was you know going to Kate's about six thirty, err and I went into their apartment through the patio doors. The three children were all you know dressed you know in their pyjamas, you know they looked immaculate, you know they were just like angels, they all looked so happy and well looked after and content and I said to Kate, you know it's a bit early for the you know, for the three of them to be going to bed, she said ah they've had such a great time, they're really tired and you know err so I say, you know I can't remember exactly what, what you know the night attire, what the children were wearing but white was the predominant err colour, but you know just to reinforce they were just so happy, you know seeing you know obviously Gerry wasn't there but they were just all, just so at peace and you know they looked like a family who'd had such a fantastic time

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/D...E-ROGATORY.htm

While the children were eating and looking at some books, Kate had a shower which lasted around 5 minutes. After showering, at around 6:30/6:40PM and while she was getting dry, she heard somebody knocking at the veranda door. She wrapped herself in a towel and went to see who it was. This door was closed but not locked as Gerry had left by this door. She confirmed it was David Payne, because he called out and had opened the door slightly. David's visit was to help her to take the children to the recreation area. When David returned from the beach he was with Gerry at the tennis courts, and it was Gerry who asked him to help Kate with taking the children to the recreation area, which had been arranged but did not take place. David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds, he didn't actually enter the flat, he remained at the veranda door. According to her he then left for the tennis courts where Gerry was. The time was around 6:30-6:40PM.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/K...NN_ARGUIDO.htm

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 03:00 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Thanks Niamh
I'll read through those links when I get time, its not something I've been following; just reading about some of it on here, but I want to look into it all more.
Old 26-10-2021, 03:02 PM #42
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thanks Niamh
I'll read through those links when I get time, its not something I've been following; just reading about some of it on here, but I want to look into it all more.
It's an interesting case for sure, a real mystery that unfortunately I think will never be solved. I just hope whatever did happen to her that she didn't suffer too much or for too long

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 03:39 PM #43
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Thats a terrible view.

Someone alive may know the Child Sex Killer
That's a terrible view, how do you know it's a "child sex killer"

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 03:40 PM #44
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

also there's no such thing as "child sex" the word you'd be looking for there is rapist

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 03:41 PM #45

Quote:
also there's no such thing as "child sex" the word you'd be looking for there is rapist

Rapist Killer of Children,
someone will know him.

Last edited by arista; 26-10-2021 at 03:42 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 03:42 PM #46
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Rapist Killer of Children,
someone we know him.
And how do you know it was a child rapist kidnapper, there's literally no evidence to support that theory

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 03:43 PM #47

Quote:
And how do you know it was a child rapist kidnapper, there's literally no evidence to support that theory

Some in Germany.
Was reported

Last edited by arista; 26-10-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 26-10-2021, 03:45 PM #48
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Some in Germany.
No evidence to support that theory.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 26-10-2021, 03:46 PM #49

It was an ITN Docu
some years back

Last edited by arista; 26-10-2021 at 03:47 PM.
Old 26-10-2021, 03:48 PM #50
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

the german angle proved to be nonsense years ago
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote