Go Back   ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums > Non Big Brother Chat > Serious Debates & News
Forgot Password? Register account to post


Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2021, 08:45 PM   #76
Toy Soldier
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30,360


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I so want my kids to be happy but also safe and not taken advantage of

Thatís my thoughts on it too, which is why I say itís about the age of the younger partner rather than the actual ďgapĒ. Of course people can ALWAYS be taken advantage of but Iíd be fairly confident that a 30+ year old knows what theyíre doing as much as they ever willÖ a young person in their late teens and early 20ís is just too likely to be easily manipulated by a much older person with vastly more world experience for me to be comfortable with it. I struggle to see how a 50 year old can see a 20 year old as anything but a kid, if I canít at 36.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:53 PM   #77
Glenn.
Adios
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 19,394


Default

I think unless it’s something that’s personally affecting you it’s not really anyones place to be judging them.
__________________
Glenn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:13 AM   #78
Toy Soldier
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30,360


Default Jack Dee says 50 year old man marrying a 18 year old Girl is Creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
I think unless itís something thatís personally affecting you itís not really anyones place to be judging them.

Thatís Hyperindividualism; we live in a society. Established societal norms affect everyone.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 02-11-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:30 AM   #79
ThomasC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 1,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I so want my kids to be happy but also safe and not taken advantage of
Yeah and I don't doubt that for one second hence my original post about it being for the right reasons.

I suppose as good as the relationship could and can be, some parents aren't going to get over that drastic gap.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:00 AM   #80
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 138,072

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Yeah and I don't doubt that for one second hence my original post about it being for the right reasons.

I suppose as good as the relationship could and can be, some parents aren't going to get over that drastic gap.
Yeah and it's not even the age gap as such, as TS said, it's the age of the younger person in the particular situation we're discussing, the same age gap between a 30 year old and a 62 year old, is completely different
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:01 AM   #81
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 138,072

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
I think unless itís something thatís personally affecting you itís not really anyones place to be judging them.
If it's your 18 year old in the situation, who may still be in school etc then I would argue that it is personally affecting you
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:39 PM   #82
Glenn.
Adios
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 19,394


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
If it's your 18 year old in the situation, who may still be in school etc then I would argue that it is personally affecting you
Isnít that what Iíve just said you hag?
__________________
Glenn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:37 PM   #83
parmnion
Senior Member
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 39,165

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

I wonder how many 18yr old women fancy Gino di campio.
__________________
Freedom
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:40 PM   #84
parmnion
Senior Member
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 39,165

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

The title shouldn't read 18yr old girl, they are women..

You dont say 18yr old boy...you would say 18ur old youth in certain circumstances, and boy in others I suppose, but man would also be used...or male.

I wouldn't know the female terminology for youth?
__________________
Freedom
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:55 PM   #85
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 138,072

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Isnít that what Iíve just said you hag?
Oh
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:03 AM   #86
Toy Soldier
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30,360


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
The title shouldn't read 18yr old girl, they are women..

You dont say 18yr old boy...you would say 18ur old youth in certain circumstances, and boy in others I suppose, but man would also be used...or male.

I wouldn't know the female terminology for youth?

I definitely refer to 18 year old males as ďboysĒ Iím afraid Parmy. They are just kids at that age.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:11 AM   #87
parmnion
Senior Member
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 39,165

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I definitely refer to 18 year old males as ďboysĒ Iím afraid Parmy. They are just kids at that age.
I'm sure they will be delighted to be called a kid at that age!!
__________________
Freedom
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:50 AM   #88
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 138,072

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I definitely refer to 18 year old males as ďboysĒ Iím afraid Parmy. They are just kids at that age.
I was talking to Luke (17) yesterday about getting his provisional drivers license sorted because he just passed his theory test, and I said come on you're nearly an adult now you should be doing this stuff yourself, he said "I'm still a child" I think he'd be happy to be a child for a while yet (pure laziness of having to organise stuff himself of course)
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:14 PM   #89
Toy Soldier
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30,360


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I'm sure they will be delighted to be called a kid at that age!!

They donít like being called kids at 12 either.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:36 PM   #90
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,873

Favourites (more):
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
The Circle 2018: Alex


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I was talking to Luke (17) yesterday about getting his provisional drivers license sorted because he just passed his theory test, and I said come on you're nearly an adult now you should be doing this stuff yourself, he said "I'm still a child" I think he'd be happy to be a child for a while yet (pure laziness of having to organise stuff himself of course)

Haven't you noticed though kids and teenagers love being treated like and called a kid , until they want to rebel then suddenly they're a 'grown up ' .

I remember at junior school ,when the game hang Man was being played ,and other pupils wanted the teacher to put all the said letters on the board, so they were not repeated, she was like "no you're not babies" to which they replied "yes we are " or something to that effect .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 03-11-2021 at 07:37 PM.
GoldHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:55 AM   #91
Vicky.
0_o
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 64,533


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I was talking to Luke (17) yesterday about getting his provisional drivers license sorted because he just passed his theory test, and I said come on you're nearly an adult now you should be doing this stuff yourself, he said "I'm still a child" I think he'd be happy to be a child for a while yet (pure laziness of having to organise stuff himself of course)
Yes they are children until it suits them to claim adulthood I remember that age well and I thought I was some master of manipulation when obviously my parents knew I was just taking the piss.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
always cook meals, i did have chinese takeaways the year before the corona **** happened
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:57 AM   #92
Vicky.
0_o
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 64,533


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
They donít like being called kids at 12 either.
Yup. Skye goes off it when I call her a child. Her preferred term is 'pre teen' and she even asked for young adult once.. though shes not even bloody 9 yet.
Yet I say to get her own uniform for school and suddenly I am the bad guy who is basically using child labour.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
always cook meals, i did have chinese takeaways the year before the corona **** happened
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:04 AM   #93
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 138,072

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Haven't you noticed though kids and teenagers love being treated like and called a kid , until they want to rebel then suddenly they're a 'grown up ' .

I remember at junior school ,when the game hang Man was being played ,and other pupils wanted the teacher to put all the said letters on the board, so they were not repeated, she was like "no you're not babies" to which they replied "yes we are " or something to that effect .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yes they are children until it suits them to claim adulthood I remember that age well and I thought I was some master of manipulation when obviously my parents knew I was just taking the piss.
I think Luke would be happy to be babied forever
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:23 PM   #94
Vicky.
0_o
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 64,533


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I think Luke would be happy to be babied forever
Until you tell him not to do something Then he is an adult.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
always cook meals, i did have chinese takeaways the year before the corona **** happened
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #95
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 138,072

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Until you tell him not to do something Then he is an adult.
He's seriously never done that yet
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:32 PM   #96
Vicky.
0_o
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 64,533


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
He's seriously never done that yet
He will soon
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
always cook meals, i did have chinese takeaways the year before the corona **** happened
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #97
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 138,072

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
He will soon
Probably
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:37 PM   #98
parmnion
Senior Member
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 39,165

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

All that's fine and well, but do they fancy Gino di campo?
__________________
Freedom
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #99
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 138,072

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
All that's fine and well, but do they fancy Gino di campo?
Who?
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
18, 50, carr, creepy, dee, girl, jack, jimmy, man, marrying, year

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
no new posts