Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: What drugs (both legal and illicit) have you done/do you do?
Alcohol (duh) 16 88.89%
Alcohol (duh)
16 88.89%
Marijuana 11 61.11%
Marijuana
11 61.11%
Tobacco 12 66.67%
Tobacco
12 66.67%
D.M.T. 0 0%
D.M.T.
0 0%
L.S.D. 4 22.22%
L.S.D.
4 22.22%
Magic ’shrooms 5 27.78%
Magic ’shrooms
5 27.78%
Some other form of psychedelic/hallucinogen 4 22.22%
Some other form of psychedelic/hallucinogen
4 22.22%
Coke (garden-variety) 7 38.89%
Coke (garden-variety)
7 38.89%
Coke (crack cocaine) 0 0%
Coke (crack cocaine)
0 0%
Meth. 0 0%
Meth.
0 0%
Salvia 0 0%
Salvia
0 0%
Ecstasy 7 38.89%
Ecstasy
7 38.89%
Inhalants (inc. glue) 4 22.22%
Inhalants (inc. glue)
4 22.22%
Amphetamines 5 27.78%
Amphetamines
5 27.78%
Nothing at all, not even alcohol 2 11.11%
Nothing at all, not even alcohol
2 11.11%
Any combination of the first three (alcohol, tobacco, marijuana) but nothing else 1 5.56%
Any combination of the first three (alcohol, tobacco, marijuana) but nothing else
1 5.56%
Other (please specify) 3 16.67%
Other (please specify)
3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2021, 01:17 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Crack Cocaine is pretty hardcore too isn't it? I always thought that was at a similar level to heroin
That’s true but I feel like more people would admit to doing coke in any form (even the harder crack form) than heroin (which most people see as a straight-up no-no).

I’d never judge anyone for taking any kind of drug but heroin’s a very funny one. I’d have to be on a well-paid dare to even consider going anywhere near it in anything other than the medically-prescribed derivatives of it.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:17 PM #27
0_o

0_o

Seem to have changed me in a positive way. Its hard to explain but I kinda get more mental clarity when I am high? Like, stuff I know deep down but try to deny to myself, I deal with mentally and become better and less stressed for it? And that spills out into the rest of my life too. One night like this can make permanent changes. Its odd. As really you would expect the effects to wear off as the drug does but it doesn't for me seemingly. That said, drugs have helped my pain issues massively also, so that helps. Maybe they are tied in together? Who knows.

I know not to cane it too much though, else the positive effects could change.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-11-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:18 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I would probably put crack at around heroin level tbh. Would be one of my firm lines. Which I am sure anyone who cares is grateful to know
I really hope this doesn’t come out the wrong way (I’m literally just asking out of curiosity) but have you ever done anything beyond crack?

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:19 PM #29
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I really hope this doesn’t come out the wrong way (I’m literally just asking out of curiosity) but have you ever done anything beyond crack?
No. Not done crack either

Mind, apparently diamorphine is 'clean heroin' so I have tried that in labour but not outside of that.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:21 PM #30
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Seem to have changed me in a positive way. Its hard to explain but I kinda get more mental clarity when I am high? Like, stuff I know deep down but try to deny to myself, I deal with mentally and become better and less stressed for it? And that spills out into the rest of my life too. One night like this can make permanent changes. Its odd. As really you would expect the effects to wear off as the drug does but it doesn't for me seemingly. That said, drugs have helped my pain issues massively also, so that helps. Maybe they are tied in together? Who knows.

Wasn't the original intention for Ecstasy (or at least one of the idea's for it use) as a therapy for people (particularly soldiers I think) suffering from PTSD? A way for them to open up and talk about trauma that they couldn't ordinarily cope with reliving and talking about? I'm sure I saw that on some documentary. Sounds a bit like what you're saying there

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:23 PM #31
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

You lot make me laugh with drugs
They just interfere with your brain,the idea that you are a better more confident person while on them is nonsense

You are the same person
It’s like going out and not drinking you see all the idiots making fools of themselves, well that is or was you.

Talking too fast or too slow. You couldn’t dance before drugs you can’t sing before drugs you ain’t some love machine you just silly people thinking you can

In every case you look ridiculous
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:23 PM #32
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Wasn't the original intention for Ecstasy (or at least one of the idea's for it use) as a therapy for people (particularly soldiers I think) suffering from PTSD? A way for them to open up and talk about trauma that they couldn't ordinarily cope with reliving and talking about? I'm sure I saw that on some documentary. Sounds a bit like what you're saying there
I read that too. Its used (or was used) somewhere for marriage therapy also as it lets people open up more than they otherwise would. You lose your filter. So everything comes out. Oddly, I seem to have now kinda permanently lost my filter with certain people (and even situations, I suddenly have no issue dancing in public, which I never thought I would say) and its made everything much better?! Its so so hard to explain but I really feel like I am changed for the better now and everything is so much easier.

Not encouraging anyone to take drugs by any stretch of the imagination however I cannot deny my experience tbh.

(Also maybe relevant, I had LOADS of life changes at the same time as this. So its possible the drugs only contributed slightly, or not at all. But it all seems kind of tied in together, a chicken and egg situation if you will)
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-11-2021 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:24 PM #33

Quote:

Yeah, cannabis in all forms is great for pain relief. The current propaganda would have you believe that the only good cannabis extract worth talking about is CBD because it has medicinal value but doesn’t get you high (because the government still sees getting high on pot as a rabbit hole akin to demoniac possession even though worse things happen involving alcohol every day). THC on its own (the part of the cannabis plant that does get you high/stoned) has medicinal properties that CBD alone doesn’t (treating PTSD for one).

As far as the weed thing goes I just find it funny that a drug which even in its most unregulated street form hasn’t ever killed a soul (not directly anyhow) remains illegal whereas something that’s as taxed and legally regulated as alcohol is probably the most dangerous of them all after the obvious hard drugs (not that there’s anything wrong with drinking in moderation). Can you imagine how many more people would die from poisoning if we lived in a prohibitory-esque era and people had to buy off the black market every time?

Last edited by Redway; 03-11-2021 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:26 PM #34
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Yeah, cannabis in all forms is great for pain relief. The current propaganda would have you believe that the only good cannabis extract worth talking about is CBD because it has medicinal value but doesn’t get you high (because the government still sees getting high on pot as a rabbit hole akin to demoniac possession even though worse things happen involving alcohol every day). THC on its own (the part of the cannabis plant that does get you high/stoned) has medicinal properties that CBD alone doesn’t (treating PTSD for one).

As far as the weed thing goes I just find it funny that a drug which even in its most unregulated street form hasn’t ever killed a soul (not directly anyhow) whereas something that’s as taxed and legally regulated as alcohol is probably the most dangerous of them all after the obvious hard drugs (not that there’s anything wrong with drinking in moderation). Can you imagine how many more people would die from poisoning if we lived in a prohibitory-esque era and people had to buy off the black market every time?
Oh for sure. I find societys obsession with alcohol while looking down on other, often safer forms of drug, kind of bizarre.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2021, 01:27 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
They just interfere with your brain,the idea that you are a better more confident person while on them is nonsense

You are the same person
It’s like going out and not drinking you see all the idiots making fools of themselves, well that is or was you.

Talking too fast or too slow. You couldn’t dance before drugs you can’t sing before drugs you ain’t some love machine you just silly people thinking you can

People have been taking drugs in different forms for thousands of years. It might not be your game but I’d rather live in a nation full of stoners than borderline alcoholics. Because the truth of the situation is that alcohol is far more dangerous than marijuana and that’s not something that can be denied.

Tell me which is worse between a drug which at worst (and only in its unregulated form with not enough CBD to mediate the psychoactive effects) triggers a latent schizophrenia in a very small minority of heavy users (which wouldn’t be an issue if Mary-Jane was legal) but hasn’t led to a single death and something which destroys millions of people’s insides and kills them every single day. How many people do you know who get high and start stripping and jumping on cars in the middle of the road?

Old 01-11-2021, 01:28 PM #36
-

-

Quote:
As far as the weed thing goes I just find it funny that a drug which even in its most unregulated street form hasn’t ever killed a soul (not directly anyhow) whereas something that’s as taxed and legally regulated as alcohol is probably the most dangerous of them all after the obvious hard drugs (not that there’s anything wrong with drinking in moderation). Can you imagine how many more people would die from poisoning if we lived in a prohibitory-esque era and people had to buy off the black market every time?
I definitely won't argue with that, for one alcohol alone killed my mum (she'd never have touched any other drug, but 15 years of wine was enough) and also my wife worked in addictions when she first qualified. Heroin (usually combined with benzos, but TBH it's rare for anyone to be abusing one without the other, they just go hand in hand) is by far the #1 problem for addiction services... but right after that is alcohol at #2. No other drug even comes close after that. Plus of course, most people who have addictions to other drugs (heroin included) have alcohol problems as well.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:31 PM #37
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I read that too. Its used (or was used) somewhere for marriage therapy also as it lets people open up more than they otherwise would. You lose your filter. So everything comes out. Oddly, I seem to have now kinda permanently lost my filter with certain people (and even situations, I suddenly have no issue dancing in public, which I never thought I would say) and its made everything much better?! Its so so hard to explain but I really feel like I am changed for the better now and everything is so much easier.

Not encouraging anyone to take drugs by any stretch of the imagination however I cannot deny my experience tbh.

(Also maybe relevant, I had LOADS of life changes at the same time as this. So its possible the drugs only contributed slightly, or not at all. But it all seems kind of tied in together, a chicken and egg situation if you will)
Yeah was going to say that you did have other huge life changes that will have a big positive effect on you too

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 01-11-2021, 01:32 PM #38

Sorry to hear about your mum, TS.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:35 PM #39

Quote:
No. Not done crack either

Mind, apparently diamorphine is 'clean heroin' so I have tried that in labour but not outside of that.
Fair game.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:38 PM #40
0_o

0_o

Quote:

You are the same person

Maybe. But we feel good while doing it.

And its a case of perspective really. Some will think it looks ridiculous, others will have their day brightened by someone behaving in a slightly twat like manner.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2021, 01:40 PM #41
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Yeah was going to say that you did have other huge life changes that will have a big positive effect on you too
It seems to all mesh together into one when I try to figure out what actually triggered the changes, or if the changes were triggered by something I did. I have came to the conclusion that it was all a perfect storm of things which all interact and thats responsible. Lucky really, as if it was that perfect storm, then one thing differently could have made things turn out not so good.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-11-2021 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:42 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I took a lot of drugs in my younger years and I do think they changed me...quite a lot. I was the typical raver....out all weekend and off my face from friday to Sunday. Spent the week recovering to do it all again. After I decided to calm it down a bit, my confidence was massively affected. I was always quite shy but without the effects of the drugs to help me, I became painfully shy and had no confidence. I know a lot of people like that. Took ages to build my confidence back up without that crux. We all used to go to a club and then back to various places afterwards and everyone knew and loved everyone etc etc.....we all decided to meet up once.midweek on a carpark....without the pills and whizz, everyone just sat in their cars smoking weed and nodding at each other.

I don't regret any of it but they did change me.
Mind if I ask if you’re open to experimenting with cannabis again?

Old 01-11-2021, 01:43 PM #43
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Maybe. But we feel good while doing it.

And its a case of perspective really. Some will think it looks ridiculous, others will have their day brightened by someone behaving in a slightly twat like manner.
Having to use drugs in any capacity means there is something wrong in your life.

You are all part of the problem
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:44 PM #44
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
It seems to all mesh together into one when I try to figure out what actually triggered the changes, or if the changes were triggered by something I did. I have came to the conclusion that it was all a perfect storm of things which all interact and thats responsible. Lucky really, as if it was that perfect storm, then one thing differently could have made things turn out not so good.
it all changed after you received the nanobots .... cue Alf
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:46 PM #45
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01-11-2021, 01:51 PM #46

Quote:
Mind if I ask if you’re open to experimenting with cannabis again?
I am not adverse. I still know a lot of people who smoke weed but since I quit smoking cigarettes, the idea of smoking anything doesn't have the same appeal. I have had the odd joint but it floors me now and last time I smoked, I had a whitey and that put me right off
Old 01-11-2021, 01:52 PM #47
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Having to use drugs in any capacity means there is something wrong in your life.

Thats fine by me Live and let live tbh
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-11-2021 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:52 PM #48
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2021, 01:54 PM #49
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I am not adverse. I still know a lot of people who smoke weed but since I quit smoking cigarettes, the idea of smoking anything doesn't have the same appeal. I have had the odd joint but it floors me now and last time I smoked, I had a whitey and that put me right off
Yes I hated weed until quite recently because I had a very bad experience with it when younger. Assumed it would always be like that. It wasn't. But it could have been. Glad it wasn't
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2021, 01:56 PM #50

Quote:

Looking down on people who take drugs for spiritual, recreational and inner-healing purposes is the problem, really.

We’re talking about things from alcohol to psychedelics, really. No one on this site is inserting needles in some dodgy alley every evening.

Once you let go of the idea that not everything that’s illegal should be (and that certain legal substances do way more damage), you start to see illicit substances in a somewhat different light. Especially considering their historical ubiquity of usage all over the flipping world.

No one’s advocating for anyone reading this thread innocently to go and start snorting lines and kushing-up like there’s no tomorrow but as people who’ve been through life and seen a few things we’re allowed to talk about our experiences. If you’ve got nothing to contribute because you’re so touchy about drugs this thread probably isn’t for you.

Last edited by Redway; 01-11-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
drugs