Notices

Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 Big Brother UK (BB20) started October 8th 2023 on ITV2 and ITVX.

Old 07-11-2021, 02:43 PM #1
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

Default Big Brother Uk's comeback

i think maybe either 2023 or 2024

but tbh british people still have something else to sign up for, the circle usa: transatlantic seasons, what netflix has made that deal about, taking over from circle uk

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:13 PM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i think maybe either 2023 or 2024

but tbh british people still have something else to sign up for, the circle usa: transatlantic seasons, what netflix has made that deal about, taking over from circle uk
To be honest, I do remember people saying that Netflix could get Big Brother. I still remember an idea someone had of using that menu thing from Bandersnatch and using that to vote on evictions. I do think it could be good on Netflix but it depends on what format they'll use. They could use the normal UK version or they could use the US version which a lot of fans have enjoyed in the past.
1984BBFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:58 PM #3
0_o

0_o

I will now do this if it comes back. Have developed a bit of a curiosity about reality stuff. I liked watching it before, I would want to participate now to see it from the other side.

They probably wouldn't want me tbh but I will actually apply and put effort in.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 07-11-2021 at 09:59 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:50 PM #4
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984BBFan View Post
To be honest, I do remember people saying that Netflix could get Big Brother. I still remember an idea someone had of using that menu thing from Bandersnatch and using that to vote on evictions. I do think it could be good on Netflix but it depends on what format they'll use. They could use the normal UK version or they could use the US version which a lot of fans have enjoyed in the past.
or they could give it a go at first without a public eviction, and more letting housemates vote to evict themselves

with certain immunity challenges

so they can give us something sooner already, while they can still work out public vote ideas for future series

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:03 PM #5
You know my methods

You know my methods

It will never come back, it was a product of its time before social media, woke, fear of blame etc
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:44 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984BBFan View Post
If Netflix took it they have hundreds of acres of backlot at Shepperton & Longcross on which to build a new BB House.
BBDodge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 10:45 PM #7
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
or they could give it a go at first without a public eviction, and more letting housemates vote to evict themselves

with certain immunity challenges

so they can give us something sooner already, while they can still work out public vote ideas for future series
Cause that’s worked so well for BBAU.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:51 AM #8

Favourites:
CBB19: Speidi

Favourites:
CBB19: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
It will never come back, it was a product of its time before social media, woke, fear of blame etc
Exactly, and if it does come back it will be a woke version with forced conversations about current "issues". Not the Big Brother we all grew up with. I mean that last couple seasons of Big Brother were already turning into that which is why the ratings plummeted.
spot_on is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:21 PM #9
Fat Cellulite Slag

Fat Cellulite Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Nah, let's not pretend that the downfall of Big Brother is progressive, liberal, "woke" culture. If anything, I would argue it is because of the rise of the far-right. Society during the early years was very interested in watching people from all different walks of life, from all backgrounds with all different opinions.
In the later years they started putting in people who were all very similar to each other, in age, characteristics, with the same aspirations in life (to be a social media influencer). There was no diversity. That is not "woke" culture.
People have become so intolerant of differing opinions and lifestyles that they will refuse to watch anything that is not an echo chamber of their own views, full of people who only reflect themselves.
Remember, the British nation voted a transgender woman their winner in 2004. That would never happen now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot_on View Post
Exactly, and if it does come back it will be a woke version with forced conversations about current "issues". Not the Big Brother we all grew up with. I mean that last couple seasons of Big Brother were already turning into that which is why the ratings plummeted.
The early years of Big Brother that we all grew up with was full of discussions on current issues and political debate. The housemates in BB2 were allowed to vote in the general election in the diary room. The producers would ask people in the auditions for their views on immigration, homosexuality, benefits system etc. then air it on launch night. That's what made it interesting and exciting.
Would you rather it be like the later series where it was all about who fancied who and people starting arguments on the first night because it would get them air time.

Can't you remember Kitten screaming "**** the monarchy" as she entered on launch night? Or the housemates writing "No More War" on the walls? Yeah there was nothing political about the early series...

Last edited by actor; 16-04-2022 at 12:54 AM.
actor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:11 AM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Ryan Thomas
UBB: Victor

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
Would you rather it be like the later series where it was all about who fancied who and people starting arguments on the first night because it would get them air time.
yeah, tbh i have to agree with you, the recent series were all about who liked who, relationships (some of which felt abit forced), it was basically turning into love island in a house. i think if they were to go back to the style of the first i’d say 7 or so years, maybe even similar to 2010, it would be able to feel like the show everyone once loved to watch
RealManLikeJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 03:47 PM #11

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle

the recent big brothers didn't feel like the big brother i knew. while 2018 was good, it was full of influencers, a bit forced and relationships as said above. the influencers bit is the issue i also have with love island (not that i watch, but still).

i would say no influencers if it comes back and also nothing too forced. it doesn't need to be like love island is. i'd expect a return in 2024-ish, and i wouldnt be surprised if davina is involved. i know people like emma, but we've seen what davina said about it and i think more people would rather davina there.
wxll_icon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 12:33 AM #12
Fat Cellulite Slag

Fat Cellulite Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxll_icon View Post
the recent big brothers didn't feel like the big brother i knew. while 2018 was good, it was full of influencers, a bit forced and relationships as said above. the influencers bit is the issue i also have with love island (not that i watch, but still).

i would say no influencers if it comes back and also nothing too forced. it doesn't need to be like love island is. i'd expect a return in 2024-ish, and i wouldnt be surprised if davina is involved. i know people like emma, but we've seen what davina said about it and i think more people would rather davina there.
I wouldn’t even mind if 1 influencer went in there, as long as everyone else is not an influencer. What made Big Brother interesting was when it was a genuine social experiment, watching everyday people from all walks of life who are all totally different to each other, and how they interact with each other and build relationships. No one wants to watch a group of 14 influencers all licking each others arses or starting fake drama to get the most air time.
Old 15-04-2022, 09:10 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

this aged well. LOL
RealManLikeJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, comeback, uk