Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-11-2021, 08:20 AM   #1
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 128,978
Default Alf, are these Protestors doing your song?

arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #2
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 29,630

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

he is a complete tit
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 128,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
he is a complete tit

Ripping off the Official Sticker.
Crazy Fool.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 08:49 AM   #4
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Here's Ian Brown doing your song.


Youtube video
Click to view this video on Youtube
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 08:51 AM   #5
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 128,978
Default

Alf and Crazy Piers Corbyn
what a pair
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 08:54 AM   #6
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Alf and Crazy Piers Corbyn
what a pair
Get your muzzle on, you might catch a cold. Do as Jeffery Epsteins friends tell you.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw

Last edited by Alf; 29-11-2021 at 09:00 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 09:04 AM   #7
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,508
Blog Entries: 1


Default

The funny thing is, it actually IS like trying to keep a fart in your trousers.

If someone comes along and farts in your face with trousers on, do you know what happens? You get a face full of stinky fart.

If someone comes and points their BARE ARSE at your face and farts, do you know what happens? You get bacterial conjunctivitis because you just got a load of microscopic **** particles blown into your face.
__________________
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 09:06 AM   #8
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The funny thing is, it actually IS like trying to keep a fart in your trousers.

If someone comes along and farts in your face with trousers on, do you know what happens? You get a face full of stinky fart.

If someone comes and points their BARE ARSE at your face and farts, do you know what happens? You get bacterial conjunctivitis because you just got a load of microscopic **** particles blown into your face.
It can apparently escape a secure high security lab, but a thin piece of cloth is gonna stop it.

Crazy, absolute crazy.

I seriously believe some of these people would chop of their leg if they were told it will keep them safe.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw

Last edited by Alf; 29-11-2021 at 09:09 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #9
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,508
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
It can apparently escape a secure high security lab, but a thin piece of cloth is gonna stop it.

Crazy, absolute crazy.

I seriously believe some of these people would chop of their leg if they were told it will keep them safe.
It doesn't completely "stop" it, it reduces the likelihood of transmission and therefore slows the rate of spread, which is a good thing even if it's only by a small amount.

It's really not very hard to understand, unless you misunderstand the purpose of them and pretend that you think they're supposed to "definitely keep you safe".
__________________

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 29-11-2021 at 09:46 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #10
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It doesn't completely "stop" it, it reduces the likelihood of transmission and therefore slows the rate of spread, which is a good thing even if it's only by a small amount.

It's really not very hard to understand, unless you misunderstand the purpose of them and pretend that you think they're supposed to "definitely keep you safe".
I understand. The muzzle is incase on the off chance someone coughs or sneezes. It's that simple.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #11
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,508
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
I understand. The muzzle is incase on the off chance someone coughs or sneezes. It's that simple.
I just don't really understand the issue with masks to be honest... it's not a gag, it's not a muzzle, it doesn't actually restrict anything at all. You can speak in them... they don't restrict breathing... they're barely a minor inconvenience. I can only imagine that people's issue with them is "what they represent". I'm going to be honest, I've not been hardcore on Covid avoidance, we went on holiday with my in-laws from England, we used our exemption (my daughter's disability) to travel outside of our area during the early lockdowns, etc... my daughter kicked about with her friends all summer, has been to sleepovers etc. so I'm hardly Mr Covid Safety.

But the masks? My question is "why not?". Why is it such a scary thing? I understand people being against actual restictions - things being closed, activities being limited... but "Oh nooo a piece of paper is on my face how will I cope!" ... it just seems ridiculous .
__________________
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:00 AM   #12
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 29,630

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

i wear a mask in public, it's just not that big a deal, but i actually think it has become a psychological crutch to many. They don't now feel safe without one, and it's highly understandable if you have watched people die all around you, but the point is, it doesn't protect the mask wearer, it protects people from them .... so it's all a bit crazy

Last edited by bitontheslide; 29-11-2021 at 10:02 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:02 AM   #13
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,508
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i wear a mask in public, it's just not that big a deal, but i actually think it has become a psychological crutch to many. They don't now feel safe without one, and it's highly understandable if you have watched people die all around you
Being totally honest I wouldn't be "scared" to go into a shop maskless - if I'm going to get Covid, it's 99% likely to be via my kids - but I know there are anxious people who would be, so I wear a mask as much for the reassurance of others as much as anything else.
__________________
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:02 AM   #14
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I just don't really understand the issue with masks to be honest... it's not a gag, it's not a muzzle, it doesn't actually restrict anything at all. You can speak in them... they don't restrict breathing... they're barely a minor inconvenience. I can only imagine that people's issue with them is "what they represent". I'm going to be honest, I've not been hardcore on Covid avoidance, we went on holiday with my in-laws from England, we used our exemption (my daughter's disability) to travel outside of our area during the early lockdowns, etc... my daughter kicked about with her friends all summer, has been to sleepovers etc. so I'm hardly Mr Covid Safety.

But the masks? My question is "why not?". Why is it such a scary thing? I understand people being against actual restictions - things being closed, activities being limited... but "Oh nooo a piece of paper is on my face how will I cope!" ... it just seems ridiculous .
When it's being forced on you to do the things you need to do in life, then it's a muzzle.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:05 AM   #15
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 52,965
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
When it's being forced on you to do the things you need to do in life, then it's a muzzle.
Actual definition of a muzzle, a piece of cloth does not fall into any of these definintions

What does it mean to muzzle someone?
A muzzle is a guard that covers an animal's mouth to keep it from biting. ... It's the mouth of a gun, too. If you muzzle someone, you gag him to prevent him from speaking.
__________________
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:06 AM   #16
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Actual definition of a muzzle, a piece of cloth does not fall into any of these definintions

What does it mean to muzzle someone?
A muzzle is a guard that covers an animal's mouth to keep it from biting. ... It's the mouth of a gun, too. If you muzzle someone, you gag him to prevent him from speaking.
What did Dr Hannibal Lector wear for stopping him from biting people?
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw

Last edited by Alf; 29-11-2021 at 10:08 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:12 AM   #17
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,508
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
When it's being forced on you to do the things you need to do in life, then it's a muzzle.
This makes no logical sense unless you live in a world without other laws and conduct rules. Why aren't you so upset about being "forced" to wear trousers and underwear in public?
__________________

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 29-11-2021 at 10:13 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:13 AM   #18
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 128,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
What did Dr Hannibal Lector wear for stopping him from biting people?

Yes Great Film

Nothing to do with Covid Masks
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #19
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 29,630

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
This makes no logical sense unless you live in a world without other laws and conduct rules. Why aren't you so upset about being "forced" to wear trousers and underwear in public?
forced to wear an id badge for work, forced to show a train ticket when you travel. Forced to pay council tax .... the list is endless
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #20
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
This makes no logical sense unless you live in a world without other laws and conduct rules. Why aren't you so upset about being "forced" to wear trousers and underwear in public?
Because I'm not a pervert who wants to flash my tackle at passing people.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:18 AM   #21
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 52,965
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
What did Dr Hannibal Lector wear for stopping him from biting people?
I think that was made of steel?
__________________
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:22 AM   #22
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I think that was made of steel?
Still a muzzle and was put there to stop him doing what he likes to do, in his case, eating people.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #23
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,508
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Because I'm not a pervert who wants to flash my tackle at passing people.
But you think it should be legal for people who do want to flash their tackle to be able to do so?
__________________
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #24
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,508
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Still a muzzle and was put there to stop him doing what he likes to do, in his case, eating people.
What does a covid mask "stop you from doing that you like to do"?
__________________
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 10:25 AM   #25
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 26,603


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
forced to wear an id badge for work, forced to show a train ticket when you travel. Forced to pay council tax .... the list is endless
Forced to wear a Yellow star. You forgot that example.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alf, protestors, song

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts