Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-02-2022, 09:18 PM #76
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by glib View Post
So you tell me it’s ‘all well researched’, then evidence this by telling me your wife doesn’t like eating veg.
I told you to look it up if you're interested because A) I'm not your teacher and B) I know you aren't interested.

Quote:
I was forced as a child to eat everything on my plate. Now, I always clear my plate, whether I like it or not.
Not particularly healthy eating habits but good for you, I guess. I eat a wide and varied diet, I eat until I'm full and then stop eating. Because we're not rationing and the "clear your plate" mantra encourages eating beyond the point of feeling full, which is not healthy.

Quote:
I do NOT throw it in the bin and shout that it’s ‘tasteless’. There’s a difference between ‘not liking cheese sandwiches’ and being plain rude.
I think we can agree on it being rude to make a show of throwing away the food or declaring it "horrible" - in fact I've had lots of discussions with my daughter about not vocally criticising food that someone has made for her - but that doesn't mean having to eat it. It can be quietly put aside or binned. What's not clear from this story is if the girl loudly declared it tasteless rather than binning it quietly (yes, rude) and binned it and was then confronted - or if the dinner lady simply saw her bin it, confronted her, and then she said the reason.

If it's the first then the dinner lady should have a word with the kid's teacher about her attitude and the teacher can take it from there. If the latter then it's not rude at all, and the dinner lady doesn't need to do ANYTHING, except maybe keep an eye on her and see if she's throwing away her lunch every day, in which case again she should then have a word with the kid's class teacher as it could be a sign of a problem.

NEITHER is a good enough reason to publicly shame her and try to force her to eat food out of a bin. Really horrific attitude.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 09:37 PM #77

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by glib View Post
If you read the article provided, her fellow friends also threw sandwiches in the bin and were forced to eat them. On thé same occasion. It is not like ‘being on stage naked’.

It is not ‘abuse’ either. I’m sure you put your kid’s dummy in a few times after they spat it out. Ordered your kid to do something they don’t want to do. Should I report you to social services for child abuse then,?

Yes, I did that to my kid...my kid btw, and my wifes. Not some toletarian cook.

Please report me, you will be told by the operator how much of a moron you are,

Last edited by parmnion; 17-02-2022 at 09:39 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 09:59 PM #78
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I do agree with most of your points TS, I only said she was rude and cheeky for the way she spoke about it, presumably in earshot of the person who made it, obviously what that person did in response was totally inappropriate

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 17-02-2022 at 10:00 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 01:07 AM #79

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
He was talking about kids getting caned. Reading comprehension C-

To help with your reading comprehension, I did mean negative things happening nowadays like a dinner lady making a child eat a sandwich which was covered up from a bin that just contained discarded paper bags - not physical assault, like in the PAST. Being made to eat a cheese sandwich once is not something that I would class as traumatic enough to have your child change schools and have them being in the news. Totally OTT.

A word with the head teacher who could have chastised the dinner lady would have been appropriate, and then quietly reassuring your child that it wouldn’t happen again.
What happens the next time the child has a bad experience? If a parent teaches a child that is the way to react to unfair things, like REAL LIFE, really; what happens when the kid starts work and gets a bollocking by an unreasonable/nasty boss? A nervous breakdown? The News at 10?

Last edited by jet; 18-02-2022 at 01:59 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bin, contaminated’, dinnerlady, eat, food, kid, made, wasn’t, ‘it