Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-03-2022, 10:20 PM #26

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
No
But they should all be EQUALLY paid the SAME.
When I read a lot of your posts on here I tend to agree with them for the most part, this however I disagree completely. I enjoy some women's football don't get me wrong, but the quality compared to men's football is night and day. That's why, in this case, the way the pay works is justified.

Also men's football brings in Billions and Billions of £ each year. Women's doesn't come close and it never will because when it comes to the quality they're worlds apart.

Like you said, you're not a football fan, if you were you'd see why what you're saying is completely unrealistic and illogical.

There are tons of videos on youtube where one man will beat a women's team of seven. It's not a knock on women, nowhere near, other sports women dominate, and make MORE than the men (Ronda Rousey in her Prime for example). But football it will never happen. The men bring the big money in, and their pay reflects that.
Old 16-03-2022, 10:43 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
anyone who has watched womens football and mens football knows there is no comparison between the two games. A complete non starter. Its like women playing men at tennis
What of they made it a rule that each club team had to have 4 female players on the pitch at one time.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 10:51 PM #28

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But surely they'd be MORE INTEREST if the women got more RECOGNITION like the men ?.

Well why don't they pay the men less then ?. I know you're saying it's only the top players getting paid alot ,but why do they need to be paid so much . It has become more about money& deals & less about the game over the years.

I'm not even a football fan lol . But I use to get sucked into world cup & euro sometimes.

It's a clear case of the worlds judgement on football being seen from a Male perceptive only, and you make hood points about the exposure.

But imagine, imagine all the pot bellied women slughing lager and calling the ref a blind old bastard.

Admittedly this can be seen in many aground already, especially up north. But imagine the men at home taking the kids to the afternoon cinema, whilst the women rammed the pubs full up and down the country on a Saturday afternoon.

Eutopia for me, dunno bout you.
Old 17-03-2022, 12:30 AM #29

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
When I read a lot of your posts on here I tend to agree with them for the most part, this however I disagree completely. I enjoy some women's football don't get me wrong, but the quality compared to men's football is night and day. That's why, in this case, the way the pay works is justified.

Also men's football brings in Billions and Billions of £ each year. Women's doesn't come close and it never will because when it comes to the quality they're worlds apart.

Like you said, you're not a football fan, if you were you'd see why what you're saying is completely unrealistic and illogical.

There are tons of videos on youtube where one man will beat a women's team of seven. It's not a knock on women, nowhere near, other sports women dominate, and make MORE than the men (Ronda Rousey in her Prime for example). But football it will never happen. The men bring the big money in, and their pay reflects that.
Are you saying you don't think women are on the same level as men quality wise then? re: football . Like i said i'm not a sports expert.

I know certain sports will always be male dominated , and the image of men in pubs chanting and drinking beer will always be what's associated with
the likes of football etc.

I had to google that female wrestler as i'd never heard of her , i know there's always sports where women will excel in and be more successful. i know what you're saying.
Old 17-03-2022, 02:13 AM #30

Quote:
Are you saying you don't think women are on the same level as men quality wise then? re: football . Like i said i'm not a sports expert.

I know certain sports will always be male dominated , and the image of men in pubs chanting and drinking beer will always be what's associated with

I had to google that female wrestler as i'd never heard of her , i know there's always sports where women will excel in and be more successful. i know what you're saying.

Curling maybe ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2022, 02:17 AM #31
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
The women would put the men to shame. Far too bruising for the mens egos both on and off the pitch.
Well apart from the Blues women's team that is.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2022, 07:32 AM #32
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

for friendly matches i'd say yes, also might be good to promote women's football a lot more to have some of women's football superstar players like a Marta, Lieke Martens, Vivianne Miedema, Alex Morgan represent women's football federation in such exhibition friendlies against male footballers, and next to male footballers in a Mixed World XI team

for competitions i'd say no but women's football has more my interest now than men's football and yes controversial of me to say this but i like the quality of real football more of the women, idk how to exactly explain it but lesser VAR moments, lesser time wasting by goalkeepers either

women's football can be very entertaining, and Netherlands their european champions title has also led to more girls signing up to youth programs of teams like a FC Twente, Ajax, PSV, ADO Den Haag and has led to more teams wanting also to have a team in the women's domestic league here such as debuting team this season Feyenoord

sometimes i also find the women, not as easy making schwalbes as men, or lying down like a bunch of crybabies way too easily like what male footballers usually do, yes looking at you Luis Suarez and CR7

USA has been longer invested in women's football than some others, and yes even got a legend of theirs in Pele's top 125 world footballers, Mia Hamm
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2022, 07:44 AM #33
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

football is a physical game, women and men cannot compete equally. Saying things like each team must contain 4 women doesnt change that, it's still a physical game where the women could not compete on equal terms
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2022, 08:17 AM #34
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
What of they made it a rule that each club team had to have 4 female players on the pitch at one time.

RIP my Google algorithm after finding a suitable picture
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2022, 10:40 AM #35

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

They're not on the same level of quality, no. Don't get me wrong women's football is getting some recognition now (it never really used to), the BBC air a couple of games a week now (not much compared to men's, but it's headed in the right direction). But the numbers women's football draws pales in comparison to the men's. And that's not to do with "well men's football is everywhere, all the time" (which it is), it's because quality wise like i say, it's worlds apart. And the obvious physical aspect too.

Don't get me wrong, I've played football, just for local teams and stuff all my life, and I'm sure the professional women's teams would thrash any of the teams I played for. But when it comes to professional men and women they just cannot be compared.

Footballers, men, do get paid ridiculous amounts, the balance to say, a hard work Nurse is bollocks, on paper anyway. But the money is there in men's football. You have to remember, the English Premier League is watched by millions world wide. It's draws billions in TV rights, sponsorship's and so on from around the world, not just this little island. China, the US, Africa, South America etc etc. These Countries and Continents are pumping BILLION'S of £ into the men's game. Equal pay couldn't, and never will add up. It's just the reality.

As for Ronda Rousey, yeah she'll be earning more than most men in the WWE in atm, but i was referring to her time in the UFC, a legit MMA league, by far the biggest worldwide. WWE is premeditated, whereas she was a legit fighter, and pretty badass at it too. She didn't fight men, but she was at one point the most popular and biggest draw for the company. And in turn, her pay reflected that.

Last edited by Swan; 17-03-2022 at 10:42 AM.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2022, 11:05 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
for friendly matches i'd say yes, also might be good to promote women's football a lot more to have some of women's football superstar players like a Marta, Lieke Martens, Vivianne Miedema, Alex Morgan represent women's football federation in such exhibition friendlies against male footballers, and next to male footballers in a Mixed World XI team

for competitions i'd say no but women's football has more my interest now than men's football and yes controversial of me to say this but i like the quality of real football more of the women, idk how to exactly explain it but lesser VAR moments, lesser time wasting by goalkeepers either

women's football can be very entertaining, and Netherlands their european champions title has also led to more girls signing up to youth programs of teams like a FC Twente, Ajax, PSV, ADO Den Haag and has led to more teams wanting also to have a team in the women's domestic league here such as debuting team this season Feyenoord

sometimes i also find the women, not as easy making schwalbes as men, or lying down like a bunch of crybabies way too easily like what male footballers usually do, yes looking at you Luis Suarez and CR7

USA has been longer invested in women's football than some others, and yes even got a legend of theirs in Pele's top 125 world footballers, Mia Hamm

They have pro women footballers play against men ( ex pros and Celebs ) in that Soccer Aid game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2022, 05:59 PM #37
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

The USWNT (which is the best female football team in the world…) lost to a squad of 14 yo boys…

I love the USWNT more than anything, and I think they deserve all the moneys for being the best team in the world, but there is no way that they would ever be able to compete against males. There’s just too much of an unfair advantage.

Things like shooting and stuff that doesn’t involve physical strength isn’t as big of a deal, but physical sports is a big no to me
Old 25-03-2022, 07:56 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I've gave this a bit more thought after reading all your answers.

I think it could work. The lack of physical contact allowed in todays game levels the playing field significantly, so the 4 female players in each team rule would be an exciting introduction to the game.

But I have cone to the conclusion that it can never be, as it would end the careers of all the female goalies that are currently playing....unless each team had to play a female goalie, then that would ensure goals and make it more exciting.

But then the male goalies are out a job...

Unless every team has to play a large gloved male at centre forward, then it just cant go ahead.
Old 25-03-2022, 08:45 PM #39
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I've gave this a bit more thought after reading all your answers.

I think it could work. The lack of physical contact allowed in todays game levels the playing field significantly, so the 4 female players in each team rule would be an exciting introduction to the game.

But I have cone to the conclusion that it can never be, as it would end the careers of all the female goalies that are currently playing....unless each team had to play a female goalie, then that would ensure goals and make it more exciting.

But then the male goalies are out a job...

Unless every team has to play a large gloved male at centre forward, then it just cant go ahead.
It's more complicated than the number though... the team distribution would also come into it - although I suppose you could argue that that would just add an extra element to the tactics.

I dunno. I can see the theory of how it could work, much like a mixed relay race works. I get the feeling it would look like a very different game though.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2022, 09:33 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's more complicated than the number though... the team distribution would also come into it - although I suppose you could argue that that would just add an extra element to the tactics.

I dunno. I can see the theory of how it could work, much like a mixed relay race works. I get the feeling it would look like a very different game though.

No more different than a male darts pub team having to pull in old isla to make up the numbers.

The pressure on you if you draw old Isla in the singles is massive. The sweat as you are both still on double one after 12 minutes.

Women have an interesting effect on men, they can use it to their advantage if they are clever. Clever like the cunningly sober old isla.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
compete, females, football, male, stage