Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-06-2022, 03:42 PM #1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
You didn't bring my job into it, just where I work from and passed comment on having too much time on my hands.

You didn't bring your job into it, just your workplace experience and what you do in your job.

Come on, this is extremely flimsy. I think you know you brought "jobs into it" and you're trying to find a way to make that not true... this is the disadvantage of forum discussions over spoken conversations though; you can't revise what you said and pretend to have been misheard or that your words have been changed or misprepresented ... the post is still right there. I hadn't said anything at all about your job until you mentioned both mine, and yours.

I'm not sure why you made that choice, but you did, if you didn't want that to be part of a discussion, you shouldn't have mentioned it? I'm happy enough to not mention it again since as I've said multiple times - I don't think it's relevant. I genuinely don't care what you do for a living.
I made that choice, as I said in my last post, because you outrageously said what you said.

"While you're looking things up, look up "parental alienation" - a legal tactic used by (proven) abusive men to gain access to their children who they have previously emotionally and physically abused, and to force their mothers (sometimes with police intervention) to send their kids to these abusers for the weekend.

I'm sure you'll be all for it."

I then made the comment about you being an armchair expert because of your arrogance in that post and telling me whilst I'm looking things up, to suggest I have no understanding around such matters and you're in the right......

I then said you have loads of time on your hands as seeing as you work from home,,,which is public knowledge, you openly and happily admitted it on here...

You insult me and are inflammatory by saying I'd be right up for it.

I then mention that I actually have dealth with safeguarding concerns because of the relevance to your post and suggested ignorance by saying 'whilst you're looking things up'.

So I think that fairly and reasonably explains why I said what I said.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 03:52 PM #1977

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
In other news. Joe Biden's daughter wrote in her diary that her dad took showers with her when she was a child.

Just the President of the USA probably being an insestious paedophile.
He should have said he'd date his daughter instead like what Trump said .

She never said Biden abused her, and how old was she ?. Is it also 'innaproriprate' when mother's take baths with their small children ? .

I don't know much about Biden's daughter,but it sounds like she's got quite a few issues. But if she's been sexualised from an early age then that's disturbing.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 20-06-2022 at 03:53 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 04:11 PM #1978
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I made that choice, as I said in my last post, because you outrageously said what you said.

"While you're looking things up, look up "parental alienation" - a legal tactic used by (proven) abusive men to gain access to their children who they have previously emotionally and physically abused, and to force their mothers (sometimes with police intervention) to send their kids to these abusers for the weekend.

I'm sure you'll be all for it."

I then made the comment about you being an armchair expert because of your arrogance in that post and telling me whilst I'm looking things up, to suggest I have no understanding around such matters and you're in the right......

I then said you have loads of time on your hands as seeing as you work from home,,,which is public knowledge, you openly and happily admitted it on here...

You insult me and are inflammatory by saying I'd be right up for it.

I then mention that I actually have dealth with safeguarding concerns because of the relevance to your post and suggested ignorance by saying 'whilst you're looking things up'.

So I think that fairly and reasonably explains why I said what I said.
I would say, it's not a good idea to bring your qualifications (or experiences) into a discussion if you don't want to have those qualifications (or experiences) called into question, especially if you actually have nothing at all to back them up. You claimed that you have workplace experience of handling safeguarding, I questioned your level of experience for making that claim because it shouldn't be true unless 1) you actually are professionally qualified to do that (everything you've said about your work in the past makes me think you aren't) OR your experience of "dealing with safeguarding" is simply identifying where there might be a safeguarding issue, and passing that on to someone who is qualified to make a safeguarding assessment.

Like I said... again... no I didn't need to call your work or qualifications (or experiences) into question but if you're going to use them to bolster your position in a discussion, you have to expect it? Otherwise I could just say I'm the king of all knowledge, sent from on high by Odin to educate the lowly peoples of TiBB and you'd just have to accept my claim.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 04:24 PM #1979

Quote:
I would say, it's not a good idea to bring your qualifications (or experiences) into a discussion if you don't want to have those qualifications (or experiences) called into question, especially if you actually have nothing at all to back them up. You claimed that you have workplace experience of handling safeguarding, I questioned your level of experience for making that claim because it shouldn't be true unless 1) you actually are professionally qualified to do that (everything you've said about your work in the past makes me think you aren't) OR your experience of "dealing with safeguarding" is simply identifying where there might be a safeguarding issue, and passing that on to someone who is qualified to make a safeguarding assessment.

Like I said... again... no I didn't need to call your work or qualifications (or experiences) into question but if you're going to use them to bolster your position in a discussion, you have to expect it? Otherwise I could just say I'm the king of all knowledge, sent from on high by Odin to educate the lowly peoples of TiBB and you'd just have to accept my claim.
You're very selective what parts of my post you pick out and then just ignore the rest where you see fit.

Safeguarding assessment? I won't even explain why this is sort of laughable, but I wouldn't expect you to understand anyway.

It wasn't to bolster a position, it was to come back to you with your rude disregard and condescending remarks about whilst I'm at it to Google this like you're some smart arse when I'm not wet behind the ears myself.

A) I mentioned nothing about qualification YOU did.

I hardly even went on depth about my experiences other than saying I've dealt with safeguarding concerns.
Old 20-06-2022, 05:53 PM #1980
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
You're very selective what parts of my post you pick out and then just ignore the rest where you see fit.

Safeguarding assessment? I won't even explain why this is sort of laughable, but I wouldn't expect you to understand anyway.

It wasn't to bolster a position, it was to come back to you with your rude disregard and condescending remarks about whilst I'm at it to Google this like you're some smart arse when I'm not wet behind the ears myself.

A) I mentioned nothing about qualification YOU did.

I hardly even went on depth about my experiences other than saying I've dealt with safeguarding concerns.

But I don’t believe you. I think you’re unqualified support staff pretending to have more experience than you actually have. I don’t even really mean that to be offensive, I’m just being blunt.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 06:49 PM #1981

Quote:
But I don’t believe you. I think you’re unqualified support staff pretending to have more experience than you actually have. I don’t even really mean that to be offensive, I’m just being blunt.
Don't believe me with what?

I have not entertained you with my qualifications

You've just guessed which you are entitled to do as you are entitled to believe whatever you think my job may or may not be.

What I think you are being is condescending to anyone who would hold that role as you clearly view them in disregard.

I see absolutely no reason to bring qualifications into the mix and you have shown your true colours by doing so. I have met others who believe they are more than something because they have a degree and think they are more knowledgeable or entitled because they've just come out of university after 3 years

I never questioned your job just that you work from home then you bring qualifications into the mix to try and degrade me.

Anyway, I don't know why I'd lie about having more experience than I have. All I said was that I've dealt with safeguarding concerns.. I purposely didn't elaborate for specific reasons

I've never actually once listed my work experiences on here as I wouldn't find the need to....but as it's a forum people do tend to talk about and use within posts personal experiences or situations

You've just made it into a huge thing.

And it's not offensive, I don't know you although I would say your general attitude towards those in support roles might be seen as offensive as they do a really good job and we'd be lost without them. Underpaid and overworked and the building blocks to more senior roles.

Last edited by ThomasC; 20-06-2022 at 06:51 PM.
Old 20-06-2022, 07:13 PM #1982
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

would you 2 give it a rest please, its completely boring to everyone else. Take it to PM
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 07:17 PM #1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
would you 2 give it a rest please, its completely boring to everyone else. Take it to PM
Ewww no thank you.

I will refrain as I am an upstanding member of this community.
Old 30-06-2022, 09:28 PM #1984
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Well said Dakota!

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...TugdVWum9nVSzA

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 07:38 AM #1985
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/ar...inion-changing

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 10-08-2022, 07:59 AM #1986
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Johnny Depp has just signed a new deal with Dior and is currently filming a French movie. Wonderful!
Old 10-08-2022, 08:36 AM #1987
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
i think opinions will change over time, i just hope it doesn't take 20 years
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:09 AM #1988

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

The woman must be wholly a victim and must demonstrate her victimhood by not participating in anything at all – literally just being a passive recipient of violence

Ain't that the truth.

People are so shallow.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:11 AM #1989
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i think opinions will change over time, i just hope it doesn't take 20 years
It probably will though unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
The woman must be wholly a victim and must demonstrate her victimhood by not participating in anything at all – literally just being a passive recipient of violence

Ain't that the truth.

People are so shallow.
Indeed, the "perfect" victim

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-08-2022, 09:14 AM #1990

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

I’m not surprised celebrities are unliking it, anybody that has publicly shown support for Depp after he was vindicated in a court of law, has been attacked by neurotic Heard supporters that can’t stand the fact the abuser they support lost the case, it’s scary stuff.

The MSM’s coverage of this entire story and trial has been shockingly appalling though, from start to finish, thank god the trial was live streamed and there are independent reporters and lawyers out there that covered it without an agenda, that actually told the truth based on facts and evidence, rather than emotion based nonsense only meant to serve their own agenda

Last edited by Liam-; 10-08-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:19 AM #1991
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Never saw this video either at the time

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-08-2022, 09:21 AM #1992
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
I’m not surprised celebrities are unliking it, anybody that has publicly shown support for Depp after he was vindicated in a court of law, has been attacked by neurotic Heard supporters that can’t stand the fact the abuser they support lost the case, it’s scary stuff.

The MSM’s coverage of this entire story and trial has been shockingly appalling though, from start to finish, thank god the trial was live streamed and there are independent reporters and lawyers out there that covered it without an agenda, that actually told the truth based on facts and evidence, rather than emotion based nonsense only meant to serve their own agenda
I'm jusr glad he won his case and is now working again.
For me justice has been served.
The Amber supporters online have been very abusive to anyone not sharing their opinions.
I've seen it myself on twitter as well.
Well done to Dior for standing by Johnny. They just renewed his contact.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:23 AM #1993

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

There’s also an audio recording of her admitting to doing it on the night of the incident, but couldn’t be used because there was the voice of a guy who’s now dead on it
Old 10-08-2022, 09:24 AM #1994

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There’s also an audio recording of her admitting to doing it on the night of the incident, but couldn’t be used because there was the voice of a guy who’s now dead on it
Link?
Old 10-08-2022, 09:24 AM #1995
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 10-08-2022 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:25 AM #1996
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Link?
Hear say your Honour!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-08-2022, 09:26 AM #1997

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I actually haven’t got the energy to argue over this all over again tbh, the court proved who was lying, she won’t win her appeal, the trial was as fair as it possibly could have been, the only people still concerned about it are the ones that are adamant that women can do no wrong, so there’s literally no point even engaging with the topic anymore
Old 10-08-2022, 09:30 AM #1998
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I actually haven’t got the energy to argue over this all over again tbh, the court proved who was lying, she won’t win her appeal, the trial was as fair as it possibly could have been, the only people still concerned about it are the ones that are adamant that women can do no wrong, so there’s literally no point even engaging with the topic anymore
The court in the UK proved he abused her though so.........

Regarding the BIB, I don't think women can "do no wrong". There's a lot of evidence backing up the fact that he was abusive towards her, that doesn't mean I think she's a great person or never hit him or fought with him however painting him as the absolute victim in light of all the evidence that says otherwise is wrong imo

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-08-2022, 09:31 AM #1999
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Quote:
This!
Old 10-08-2022, 09:34 AM #2000

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The court in the UK proved he abused her though so......

Was that the untelevised trial

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amber, johnny, trial