Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 27-05-2022, 06:47 AM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Default NL: Television Maker Willibrord Frequin died of Parkinson's at age of 80

Journalist Willibrord Frequin passed away today at the age of 80 from Parkinson’s disease. His family has made that known. He died ‘peacefully’ in his sleep, having ‘reconciled with the inevitable end, after a loving and wonderful life’.

Frequin suffered from Vascular Parkinsonism, a progressive brain disease that caused him to lose a little bit every day. The disease was diagnosed last year. In his own words, this variant was comparable to ALS and all his bodily functions would slowly stop with it. Frequin also struggled with heart problems. His prospects were not good.

“On the morning of May 26, at the dawn of Ascension Day, the life of Willibrord Frequin, television personality who gave face to various programs for more than half a century, came to an end,” his family said.

eventful life
The former television maker from Laren in North Holland knew that the end of his life was approaching. “I’ve had an eventful life. I never thought I would live to be 80. I ate and drank too much for that,” Frequin recently put into perspective in an interview with The Gelderlander

Frequin has been spending much of the day in bed lately. He kept postponing the choice for euthanasia, he said earlier in a conversation with Art Rooijakkers for his program. Rooijakkers all over the floor

https://thenewsglory.com/television-...of-parkinsons/

this performance for charity became viral here for example, his and fellow tv icon Viola Holt's take on the then trending hit ''wedding dance''

and in last recent years, he did the show Beter Laat dan Nooit, with fellow tv veterans like Barrie Stevens, Peter Faber, Gerard Cox travelling across the world

RIP, he was quite the national treasure for my nation really genuine a good laugh for me on tv all the time

and as a journalist he has interviewed many stars and even some of our royalties here

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
80, age, died, frequin, maker, nl, parkinson, television, willibrord