Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 10:56 PM #51

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
And it also follows worldwide condemnation of another royal hunting trip just ten days ago when Prince William went boar shooting in Spain.

From that very article
William wasn’t in Spain 10 days ago, he was in London playing a major role in the Queen’s Jubilee.
But you are missing the point. Zizu seems to think Harry is a 'better' Royal and mentions how senior Royals engage in blood sports and Parmy is pointing out that Harry does also - and see how proud he looks with his dead prize.

Harry has also been condemned for using his spurs on his polo horses - let’s say so enthusiastically - that they bleed.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:09 PM #52
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
William wasn’t in Spain 10 days ago, he was in London playing a major role in the Queen’s Jubilee.
But you are missing the point. Zizu seems to think Harry is a 'better' Royal and mentions how senior Royals engage in blood sports and Parmy is pointing out that Harry does also - and see how proud he looks with his dead prize.

Harry has also been condemned for using his spurs on his polo horses - let’s say so enthusiastically - that they bleed.
Well as the article is from 2015 I’m gonna take a wild guess and say Harry wasn’t in Africa either.

What point am I missing exactly? Parm insinuated that William didn’t hunt. The quote from the article that I posted says otherwise.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 12-06-2022, 11:11 PM #53

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well as the article is from 2015 I’m gonna take a wild guess and say Harry wasn’t in Africa either.

What point am I missing exactly? Parm insinuated that William didn’t hunt. The quote from the article that I posted says otherwise.
Wrong again...I merely pointed out that harry hunted as well as the rest of them. You then posted the story about william in spain to try and get one upmanship on me..all because you thought I was pointing out William didnt hunt.

Last edited by parmnion; 12-06-2022 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:16 PM #54

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

The article is from 2004.

[A smiling Prince Harry crouches over the body of one-ton water buffalo moments after he shot it dead on a hunting trip.

This photograph has emerged less than a week after the young royal pledged to do all he could to save Africa’s critically endangered wildlife.]
Old 12-06-2022, 11:23 PM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Growing up as in ‘getting older’ .

As to the trash talk .. he was simply defending his wife . Remember we have no idea what really went on or what was really said or insinuated .... but .. the Royal family have a lousy track record on .. . just about everything so I’m on Harry’s side for this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We know plenty about what was said. This is Harry, who allowed his wife to accuse the Royal family of racism…..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7822883.stm

Prince Harry's racist remark about a Pakistani member of his army platoon has prompted widespread criticism.

The prince issued an apology after the News of the World published a video diary in which he calls one of his then Sandhurst colleagues a "P***"....

…..The prince filmed parts of the video and in another clip, he is heard calling another cadet a "raghead"....

Mohammed Shafiq, director of Muslim youth organisation the Ramadhan Foundation said: "I am deeply shocked and saddened at Prince Harry's racism. It has no justification.
"Prince Harry as a public figure must ensure that he promotes equality and tolerance and this rant whether today or three years ago is sickening and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself."

Graham Smith from Republic, the campaign for an elected head of state said: "Harry Wales has not only demonstrated how he is unfit to be a possible future Head of State, he has shown he isn't even fit to be a leader in the armed forces."
"It is high time Harry was stripped of his title and privileges and withdrew from public life."

Has anyone ever heard of a racist comment from The Queen, William, Kate, Charles, Camilla, Edward, Sophie etc? Nope.

Last edited by jet; 13-06-2022 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:25 PM #56
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
https://images.app.goo.gl/8uwLrrjQQetDvxLS6

I don't see william in that photo.

Old 13-06-2022, 07:42 AM #57
-

-

Quote:
The article is from 2004.

[A smiling Prince Harry crouches over the body of one-ton water buffalo moments after he shot it dead on a hunting trip.

This photograph has emerged less than a week after the young royal pledged to do all he could to save Africa’s critically endangered wildlife.]

It’s well known that both Harry and William enjoyed hunting in their youth, but given that this was nearly 20 years ago and they were barely out of their teens I just don’t think it’s all that relevant. People are allowed to change their stance on things and regret their past actions. I don’t think there’s anything at all to be gained from judging people on their actions decades ago. That goes for both of them by the way, I’m not just “defending Harry”.

In 2004 I was 19 years old and god help me if people start judging me today based on the things I did and said at 19 .
Old 13-06-2022, 08:00 AM #58
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Have any royals ever condemned hunting?
Old 13-06-2022, 09:38 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It’s well known that both Harry and William enjoyed hunting in their youth, but given that this was nearly 20 years ago and they were barely out of their teens I just don’t think it’s all that relevant. People are allowed to change their stance on things and regret their past actions. I don’t think there’s anything at all to be gained from judging people on their actions decades ago. That goes for both of them by the way, I’m not just “defending Harry”.

In 2004 I was 19 years old and god help me if people start judging me today based on the things I did and said at 19 .
Agreed.
I was responding to Zizu who seemed to be under the impression that Harry didn’t engage in blood sports unlike other Royals, when he definitely did; and Glenn who got his dates wrong (he thought the article was more recent.)

Would you have killed a buffalo at 19 though? I would say not. It’s a despicable sport that has been passed down through the centuries in aristocratic families, but even if I was a member of one of those families I couldn’t do it. I honestly can’t even kill a fly.
Old 13-06-2022, 10:01 AM #60
-

-

Quote:
Agreed.
I was responding to Zizu who seemed to be under the impression that Harry didn’t engage in blood sports unlike other Royals, when he definitely did; and Glenn who got his dates wrong (he thought the article was more recent.)

Would you have killed a buffalo at 19 though? I would say not. It’s a despicable sport that has been passed down through the centuries in aristocratic families, but even if I was a member of one of those families I couldn’t do it. I honestly can’t even kill a fly.
I'm not a veggie but no I can't say I can get my head around killing for sport. If it came down to it I would hunt for food, but killing an animal for any reason other than food, self defense, or I guess if one is suffering... I don't know how people can pull the trigger, personally.

To be fair I can't claim that I wouldn't harm a fly, my charity doesn't extend to most insects. I do spare spiders these days though even though I hate them... I've come to accept that they're vital to the ecosystem etc. so I begrudgingly capture & release. I have a little handheld hoover that I use so they get to ride the cyclone before I dump them in the garden .
Old 13-06-2022, 10:15 AM #61
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Agreed.

It was you that said William wasn’t there last week. I just said the article was from 2015 or whenever it was because that was the date I see on what parm posted. Either way it doesn’t matter when it was. William was still boar hunting…

It’s hilarious that you’re chastising Harry for it and not the other though. That’s the irrational hatred coming out in you again.
Any hunting is despicable so if you’re gonna sit up on a pedestal and drag Harry down for it, do the same for his older brother and the rest of his blood thirsty family

Old 13-06-2022, 10:16 AM #62
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

the royals do all forms of game hunting, small, medium and large. Not one of them to my knowledge has ever said a word against it and yet they think its ok to lecture everyone on the environment, immigration policy etc

Last edited by bitontheslide; 13-06-2022 at 10:16 AM.
Old 13-06-2022, 10:21 AM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It was you that said William wasn’t there last week. I just said the article was from 2015 or whenever it was because that was the date I see on what parm posted. Either way it doesn’t matter when it was. William was still boar hunting…

It’s hilarious that you’re chastising Harry for it and not the other though. That’s the irrational hatred coming out in you again.
Any hunting is despicable so if you’re gonna sit up on a pedestal and drag Harry down for it, do the same for his older brother and the rest of his blood thirsty family

Did you see that little word at the beginning of jets reply.......?

It says, agreed.

Last edited by parmnion; 13-06-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old 13-06-2022, 10:29 AM #64
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Did you see that little word at the beginning of jets reply.......?

It says, agreed.
But he still went on to have his say on Harry killing a buffalo…

Maybe you need to read a bit better

Last edited by Glenn.; 13-06-2022 at 10:29 AM.
Old 13-06-2022, 10:51 AM #65
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
the royals do all forms of game hunting, small, medium and large. Not one of them to my knowledge has ever said a word against it and yet they think its ok to lecture everyone on the environment, immigration policy etc
With some game hunting (deer, rabbits etc.) there is the complicated factor where reducing numbers is actually GOOD for the environment at large. Out of control deer populations do a tonne of environmental damage. I personally think the natural solution is far better of course - bring back the wolves we hunted to extinction... their removal from the food chain is the reason that deer populations got out of control.

However yes the basic fact for now there is... there is actually no conflict between being an environmentalist and hunting deer in the UK. It's not bad for the environment. I still, again, personally couldn't look an animal in the eye and shoot it unless it was specifically for food/survival purposes... but they're different moral quandries, basically.

The opposite of course is why hunting an endangered animal is absolutely unthinkable. Needless AND damaging.
Old 13-06-2022, 11:12 AM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But he still went on to have his say on Harry killing a buffalo…

Maybe you need to read a bit better
I still dont see william in that photo.
Old 13-06-2022, 11:13 AM #67
Adios

Adios

Quote:
I still dont see william in that photo.
He was probably off hunting boars that’s why

Old 13-06-2022, 11:14 AM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He was probably off hunting boars that’s why
We dont have photos of that so its merely hearsay...

Why dont we all just condemn what we know for now...can you do it glenn..can you condemn your ginger godprince?
Old 13-06-2022, 11:15 AM #69

Default Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their Children News

Quote:
We know plenty about what was said. This is Harry, who allowed his wife to accuse the Royal family of racism…..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7822883.stm

Prince Harry's racist remark about a Pakistani member of his army platoon has prompted widespread criticism.

The prince issued an apology after the News of the World published a video diary in which he calls one of his then Sandhurst colleagues a "P***"....

…..The prince filmed parts of the video and in another clip, he is heard calling another cadet a "raghead"....

Mohammed Shafiq, director of Muslim youth organisation the Ramadhan Foundation said: "I am deeply shocked and saddened at Prince Harry's racism. It has no justification.
"Prince Harry as a public figure must ensure that he promotes equality and tolerance and this rant whether today or three years ago is sickening and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself."

Graham Smith from Republic, the campaign for an elected head of state said: "Harry Wales has not only demonstrated how he is unfit to be a possible future Head of State, he has shown he isn't even fit to be a leader in the armed forces."
"It is high time Harry was stripped of his title and privileges and withdrew from public life."

Has anyone ever heard of a racist comment from The Queen, William, Kate, Charles, Camilla, Edward, Sophie etc? Nope.

We certainly weren’t around when ALL of the other conversations were taking place ... so as I said- it’s not down to us to decide what was said or suggested

I just know that I detest the Royal family apart from Di , her sons and their partners.

Last edited by Zizu; 13-06-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old 13-06-2022, 11:16 AM #70
Adios

Adios

Quote:
We dont have photos of that so its merely hearsay...

Why dont we all just condemn what we know for now...can you do it glenn..can you condemn your ginger godprince?
It says in the article that William was hunting boars though doesn’t it. As you haters are all about news reports and tabloids I’d say that’s fact yes?

And again, if you actually could read properly I literally just condemned Harry for hunting. I also condemned anyone that hunts.

Old 13-06-2022, 11:29 AM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It says in the article that William was hunting boars though doesn’t it. As you haters are all about news reports and tabloids I’d say that’s fact yes?

And again, if you actually could read properly I literally just condemned Harry for hunting. I also condemned anyone that hunts.

You havnt condemned harry yet, stop lying.
Old 13-06-2022, 11:31 AM #72

Quote:
Agreed.

It’s not something he chose to do though ...it was expected.. .. I shouldn’t be surprised if he’s rejected a blood sports now he’s older and wiser I recall seeing reports of him going on his first hunt as a very young boy ... then afterwards they smeared blood on his forehead

Old 13-06-2022, 11:33 AM #73

Favourites:

Favourites:

Digging up Harry's past only shows how much he's grown as a person unlike other Royals...
Old 13-06-2022, 11:37 AM #74
You know my methods

You know my methods

Harry fell off his POlo Horse yesterday

#karma
#manofthepeople
Old 13-06-2022, 11:43 AM #75
Adios

Adios

Quote:
You havnt condemned harry yet, stop lying.
One thing I’m not is a liar but by all means continue to act a fool

Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cambridge, children, duchess, duke, news