Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Default Wimbledon 2022, Serena Williams confirms return after 12 months of injury

https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/wim...60/story.shtml

Serena Williams has confirmed that she is returning to action at Wimbledon this year. After being excluded from the original entry list, the inclusion of Williams will be as a wildcard – the first of those are set to be announced later this week. The 40-year-old has won Wimbledon seven times as a singles player and has 23 Grand Slam titles overall to her name.

Serena Williams looks set to return to action at Wimbledon this year, the place where she made her last competitive appearance 12 months ago.
Williams has not played since injuring her left leg in the first round of last year’s tournament, but is now going to grace the court again at SW19.
She posted the announcement on social media, which included a picture of her trainers and the words: "SW and SW19. It's a date. 2022, see you there."

Williams also tagged Eastbourne in the post, opening up the possibility that she could be in action as early as next week at the pre-Wimbledon event.
The 40-year-old is one of the all-time greats of the game after winning 23 Grand Slam singles titles – and seven of those have come at Wimbledon.
Williams was victorious at the competition in 2016, and also reached the final in 2018 and 2019. She could compete in either the women’s or mixed doubles disciplines this year.

Her inclusion represents a massive U-turn after being missed off this year’s entry list, alongside older sister Venus.
After being excluded from the original entry list, the inclusion of Williams will be as a wildcard.
Roger Federer was also omitted from the original entry list, and it appears that there will be no such U-turns for the 20-time Grand Slam winner.
He is targeting a return at the Laver Cup in September, according to quotes published by insidesport via an interview with Swiss broadcaster SRF
“I had surgery at the end of August and people ask me ‘So, how does it look?’. And each time I have to answer that it will take a little more time.

“I just have to stay patient, I’m making constant progress.”

Meanwhile, Rafael Nadal is still hoping to compete at Wimbledon, as he steps up his training on grass.
The Spaniard has recently undergone treatment on a chronic foot problem after winning his 14th French Open title earlier this month.
He was pictured on crutches after receiving the treatment, and is yet to confirm his place at the tournament.

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 01:03 PM #2
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

and legends doubles teams announced competing at wimbledon 2022

Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) & Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

Flavia Pennetta & Francesca Schiavone (ITA)

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) & Laura Robson (GB)

Vania King (USA) & Yaroslava Schvedova (KAZ)

Kim Clijsters (BEL) & Martina Hingis (SUI)

Nathalie Dechy (FRA) & Barbara Schett (AUT)

Casey Dellacqua & Alicia Molik (AUS)

Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER) & Karolina Sprem (CRO)

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 04:41 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/wim...60/story.shtml

Serena Williams has confirmed that she is returning to action at Wimbledon this year. After being excluded from the original entry list, the inclusion of Williams will be as a wildcard – the first of those are set to be announced later this week. The 40-year-old has won Wimbledon seven times as a singles player and has 23 Grand Slam titles overall to her name.

Serena Williams looks set to return to action at Wimbledon this year, the place where she made her last competitive appearance 12 months ago.
Williams has not played since injuring her left leg in the first round of last year’s tournament, but is now going to grace the court again at SW19.
She posted the announcement on social media, which included a picture of her trainers and the words: "SW and SW19. It's a date. 2022, see you there."

Williams also tagged Eastbourne in the post, opening up the possibility that she could be in action as early as next week at the pre-Wimbledon event.
The 40-year-old is one of the all-time greats of the game after winning 23 Grand Slam singles titles – and seven of those have come at Wimbledon.
Williams was victorious at the competition in 2016, and also reached the final in 2018 and 2019. She could compete in either the women’s or mixed doubles disciplines this year.

Her inclusion represents a massive U-turn after being missed off this year’s entry list, alongside older sister Venus.
After being excluded from the original entry list, the inclusion of Williams will be as a wildcard.
Roger Federer was also omitted from the original entry list, and it appears that there will be no such U-turns for the 20-time Grand Slam winner.
He is targeting a return at the Laver Cup in September, according to quotes published by insidesport via an interview with Swiss broadcaster SRF
“I had surgery at the end of August and people ask me ‘So, how does it look?’. And each time I have to answer that it will take a little more time.

“I just have to stay patient, I’m making constant progress.”

Meanwhile, Rafael Nadal is still hoping to compete at Wimbledon, as he steps up his training on grass.
The Spaniard has recently undergone treatment on a chronic foot problem after winning his 14th French Open title earlier this month.
He was pictured on crutches after receiving the treatment, and is yet to confirm his place at the tournament.

Never liked her at all whilst I loved her sister Venus ..

Were her 23 grand slams all singles or is that doubles as well ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 04:42 PM #4
You know my methods

You know my methods

awful news
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 06:06 PM #5

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky