Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: How sociable/weekend-adrenaline-fused would you be if money wasn’t a hindrance?
A lot more than I currently am 2 22.22%
A lot more than I currently am
2 22.22%
Somewhat more-so but I’m content enough with how things are already 4 44.44%
Somewhat more-so but I’m content enough with how things are already
4 44.44%
There wouldn’t be that much difference 3 33.33%
There wouldn’t be that much difference
3 33.33%
Less (I’d be saving and not searching for coins on my couch to have a drink) 0 0%
Less (I’d be saving and not searching for coins on my couch to have a drink)
0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-06-2022, 05:36 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Your situation has nothing to do with me, I was talking about my own experiences
Stop thinking people are attacking you or putting you down.
When bait like LT pop up out of nowhere telling me to work on my chat-up lines as I talk about weekend plans with people who don’t concern him and things that are over his head anyway, that’s ultimately what it boils down to. I know this site doesn’t like to set boundaries (otherwise there’d be a lot more bans) but every person has the right to set them for themselves without feeling like an arsehole. One boundary I’m setting is with LeatherTrumpet (after years of his rubbish, and I know I’m not the only one). If I want him to respect them, he’s going to have to because it’s my line to draw. My line and mine alone.

I don’t get why random haggis-bait members act like unprecedented geniuses who drop borderline-racist jibes all the time and have ultimate authority over everyone else’s thoughts and daily activities. Let him stay out of my line and respect himself for a change.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 21-06-2022 at 05:43 PM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 05:42 PM #27

Are you feeling low Redway?
ThomasC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 05:47 PM #28

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:

Absolutely no difference.
I don’t get out much, don’t worry about it and get on with life.
I have everything in life I need and want (apart from better health of course)
We have enough money to do whatever we like at our age.
I suppose if we won the lottery we could let our daughter pack in work and travel the world etc..we all need a little dream.🙂
I recognise all your letters Redway, my son is interested in all that stuff, can’t say I remember exactly what they all are, but they are not to be scoffed at.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 05:48 PM #29

@ThomasC

More just frustrated with well-known bait popping up and making jibes at members they don’t like or agree with. But that’s been going on for years and years so ultimately someone’s going to have to take it on themselves to set boundaries and not allow themselves to be continually-gaslit by members they don’t want anything to do with in the first place. I’m going to bet that most people on this forum doesn’t really understand the concept of boundaries and gaslighting but they’re real phenomena that happen every day and when no-one else is setting boundaries for you, you’ve got every right to set them for yourself.

My mood has nothing to do with it and bringing that up is even another form of gaslighting but the terminology is probably over your head (again) so I’m not going to bring out a psychological thesaurus trying to make people understand. That’s for you to go off and look at in your own time (if you can be arsed). Either way boundaries are boundaries. Sternly-setting them (especially when you keep bringing up the same complaints but keep getting ignored, just like everyone who was abused by michael21 was ignored until the site finally did the right thing) doesn’t make you a psychologically-unstable dickhead. It just means you know your worth as a person (on a level) and aren’t scared of making it known what it is you will and won’t tolerate. People who are good at setting boundaries couldn’t care less about seeming depressed or crazy in the moment.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 21-06-2022 at 05:54 PM.
Old 21-06-2022, 05:51 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Absolutely no difference.
I don’t get out much, don’t worry about it and get on with life.
I have everything in life I need and want (apart from better health of course)
We have enough money to do whatever we like at our age.
I suppose if we won the lottery we could let our daughter pack in work and travel the world etc..we all need a little dream.🙂
I recognise all your letters Redway, my son is interested in all that stuff, can’t say I remember exactly what they all are, but they are not to be scoffed at.
Where would you travel?

Old 21-06-2022, 05:55 PM #31
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
And LeatherTrumpet, I’d appreciate it if you could just stay out of all my threads going forward. I can’t control what you do or where you otherwise post but your round-the-clock senseless baiting isn’t something I want to have to keep entertaining. You’re the last person I want to actually hear an opinion from.

If that time comes I’ll send you a private message but it never will. I’m not your number one fan and never have been. I don’t want to know about your 12-day weeks and how dope haggis is. To me all that stuff is straight over my head and again no-one tends to ask you.

Don’t move mad to me, man. I’m not your buddy.
Sounds like you got a chip on your shoulder, what you will have is people won’t bother posting in the threads you make because you got a sense of entitlement

My advice, stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it
Also lay of the weed because it’s clearly making you paranoid.

Last edited by thesheriff443; 21-06-2022 at 05:57 PM.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 05:57 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Sounds like you got a chip in your shoulder, what you will have is people won’t bother posting in the threads you make because you got a sense of entitlement

My advice, stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it
Also lay of the weed because it’s clearly making you paranoid.
It’s more the boundary-less who have a sense of entitlement. Making erroneous assumptions about people’s motivations (especially when you’ve admitted you don’t know them for toffee) is a clear-cut manifestation of it. But you wouldn’t know the first thing about any of these things. All this gaslighting that you’re doing now is exactly what I’m talking about. It’s like you’re not even trying to come across as anything other than entitled and toxic. Giving people useless advice when you don’t know the first thing about what their life situation is or what they’re actually doing (beyond the occasional bits you come across on the forum that end up being grossly-exaggerated by people who’ll only see and believe what they want to) is a form of entitled over-extending and anyone who knows the first thing about the real meaning of boundaries and entitlement will tell you that.

“Sounds like you got a chip on your shoulder.”

Your opinions are the product of your own personal experiences (that goes for people in general) and we couldn’t be more different as people. So of course your opinion of my intentions and feelings are going to be distorted by your own experiences. That doesn’t hold space for mine and going about your life with that assumptionary premise doesn’t do anyone any favours. Sometimes you have to actually know someone before you can say anything about them that counts.

Last edited by Redway; 21-06-2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old 21-06-2022, 05:59 PM #33

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Where would you travel?
I don’t yearn to travel, but I would love to give our hardworking daughter the chance to do what she really wanted in life.
Even a couple of months travelling the world would be great.
She is more into the art and culture of different countries rather than big hotels and beaches.
Old 21-06-2022, 06:02 PM #34

Quote:
I don’t yearn to travel, but I would love to give our hardworking daughter the chance to do what she really wanted in life.
Even a couple of months travelling the world would be great.
She is more into the art and culture of different countries rather than big hotels and beaches.
Mhm, I’m quite the connoisseur for hotels and beaches but there’s something about the artsy, culture-savvy approach to life that has a lot to recommend. So in that sense I don’t blame her.

Do you have a particular weekend routine (out of interest) or do you just tend to go with the flow?

Old 21-06-2022, 06:14 PM #35

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Mhm, I’m quite the connoisseur for hotels and beaches but there’s something about the artsy, culture-savvy approach to life that has a lot to recommend. So in that sense I don’t blame her.

Do you have a particular weekend routine (out of interest) or do you just tend to go with the flow?
Weekends are only different to the rest of the week in that we don’t have our wonderful little Granddog to keep us company.
Everyday is pretty much the same, our door is open to friends and family all week.
Daughter will pop round and cook a roast some times to give her dad a break.
Old 21-06-2022, 06:18 PM #36

Quote:
Weekends are only different to the rest of the week in that we don’t have our wonderful little Granddog to keep us company.
Everyday is pretty much the same, our door is open to friends and family all week.
Daughter will pop round and cook a roast some times to give her dad a break.
Ah, I see. Living arrangements kind of play into my day-to-day activities as well but in my case it’s more the converse (housemates I don’t particularly like anymore being noisy and taking up lots of space throughout the week but not so much on the weekend, so in that sense I actually get to breathe and enjoy the peace and quiet on Saturdays).

It’s nice of your daughter to pop round and help with that on a Sunday. She sounds like a really hard-working girl.

Old 21-06-2022, 06:27 PM #37

I try and take advantage of the free kitchen I’m pretty much guaranteed across the weekend and try and cook as much as I can between Friday evenings and Saturday night (not all at the same time, obviously). I wouldn’t mind a bit of company in the kitchen (from someone who doesn’t live here) but I’m pretty zen just quietly hanging out in the kitchen and bulk-cooking.

I think one of the reasons I dread the early part of the week so much these days is because that’s when my housemates tend to come out of hiding and be noisy/hog the kitchen for 15 hours at a time. I actually liked them in the beginning when they were a bit more chill/respectful but at this point I find myself having to repeat myself about basic house-rules/courtesy so much that I just take them for being incredibly obnoxious, entitled and inconsiderate. We used to entertain a bit of mutual food-sharing when they were calmer but it’s a very different situation now. At the moment I’m torn between wanting enough time to myself in the kitchen on the weekends so I can cook whatever it is I’m trying to bulk-cook in peace and actually wanting them to take more advantage of the free space at that time of the week so that come Monday/Tuesday they’re too worn-out from constantly hanging out/being noisy and mellow it down during the most difficult days of the week so I can work in peace and come home to a chill space. I dunno. I think I just need a studio flat. Either way I’ve reached that point in my life where I hate having housemates (at least very extraverted/loud ones).

More than feeling low I just feel trapped in my own space throughout the week and coupled with the daily stresses of life it’s just a lot.

Last edited by Redway; 21-06-2022 at 06:33 PM.
Old 21-06-2022, 06:45 PM #38

Quote:
@ThomasC

More just frustrated with well-known bait popping up and making jibes at members they don’t like or agree with. But that’s been going on for years and years so ultimately someone’s going to have to take it on themselves to set boundaries and not allow themselves to be continually-gaslit by members they don’t want anything to do with in the first place. I’m going to bet that most people on this forum doesn’t really understand the concept of boundaries and gaslighting but they’re real phenomena that happen every day and when no-one else is setting boundaries for you, you’ve got every right to set them for yourself.

My mood has nothing to do with it and bringing that up is even another form of gaslighting but the terminology is probably over your head (again) so I’m not going to bring out a psychological thesaurus trying to make people understand. That’s for you to go off and look at in your own time (if you can be arsed). Either way boundaries are boundaries. Sternly-setting them (especially when you keep bringing up the same complaints but keep getting ignored, just like everyone who was abused by michael21 was ignored until the site finally did the right thing) doesn’t make you a psychologically-unstable dickhead. It just means you know your worth as a person (on a level) and aren’t scared of making it known what it is you will and won’t tolerate. People who are good at setting boundaries couldn’t care less about seeming depressed or crazy in the moment.
**** sake.

I asked you out of concern.

You are quick to jump on people.

I don't think a forum is the place for you where others have opinions.

Sheriff said **** all that was wrong and yet you took it personally.

If you're questioning your own reality then you're doing it to yourself through your actions and insecurity.

No one is out to get you yet you think they are.
Old 21-06-2022, 06:47 PM #39

And what LT said was clearly a joke. Anyone could spot that a mile off. Lighten up. The problem is with yourself, not others... Certainly not anything I have read on this thread and neither your other one is gaslighting. You're making yourself a victim
Old 21-06-2022, 06:50 PM #40

I recall someone interviewing Richard Branson asked him the best part of being so wealthy..

He said it was getting up in the morning knowing you can do whatever you want ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 06:52 PM #41
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
No-one’s chatting anyone up but you probably already knew that.

My thread, my comments. I’m allowed. Don’t ever talk to me about what I should ge saying and doing.
Quote:
And LeatherTrumpet, I’d appreciate it if you could just stay out of all my threads going forward. I can’t control what you do or where you otherwise post but your round-the-clock senseless baiting isn’t something I want to have to keep entertaining. You’re the last person I want to actually hear an opinion from.

If that time comes I’ll send you a private message but it never will. I’m not your number one fan and never have been. I don’t want to know about your 12-day weeks and how dope haggis is. To me all that stuff is straight over my head and again no-one tends to ask you.

Don’t move mad to me, man. I’m not your buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
And what LT said was clearly a joke. Anyone could spot that a mile off. Lighten up. The problem is with yourself, not others... Certainly not anything I have read on this thread and neither your other one is gaslighting. You're making yourself a victim
very aggressive

too much ganja as the sheriff says
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 06:53 PM #42

Quote:
**** sake.

I asked you out of concern.

You are quick to jump on people.

I don't think a forum is the place for you where others have opinions.

Sheriff said **** all that was wrong and yet you took it personally.

If you're questioning your own reality then you're doing it to yourself through your actions and insecurity.

No one is out to get you yet you think they are.
Where LeatherTrumpet’s concerned you don’t know the half of it. You’d be shocked at the racial gaslighting he’s put forth on here over the years but then again considering where we are, many people defend him and see his jokes as harmless. That’s on them but ultimately I’ve got the right to set boundaries as-and-where I see fit without being painted as a paranoid, unstable meanie. You’re free to make all manner of assumptions you want (which is another one of the things I’m talking about) but other people are entitled to voice dissatisfaction when everything they say is invalidated by random people. Again, this forum isn’t the most boundary-savvy so I don’t expect tons of people to understand but it is what it is.

To date you’ve lost the most cool by kicking off and swearing for no reason other than that you didn’t like someone setting a boundary with someone else. And to be honest another boundary that I’m going to set is re. the crux of this conversation. I didn’t make this thread to go off in a disgruntled, rambling manner about boundaries and entitlement (conversation for another day) so it stops here. And ultimately it’s my thread (again) so I get to draw that line. Any more comments about this are just going to get ignored. The last thing I’m going to say is that the reactions from you, LT and sheriff are just prime elucidation of all the points I’ve been making and when there are people who study PhDs in this sort of thing and make it marketable for anyone who’s interested enough it’s just confirmed that I couldn’t be less in the wrong here. Any more reactions on your sides are just playing straight into the book. It’s more funny than anything else at this point. But like I said this is where it stops.

Last edited by Redway; 21-06-2022 at 06:57 PM.
Old 21-06-2022, 06:57 PM #43

Quote:
Where LeatherTrumpet’s concerned you don’t know the half of it. You’d be shocked at the racial gaslighting he’s put forth on here over the years but then again considering where we are, many people defend him and see his jokes as harmless. That’s on them but ultimately I’ve got the right to set boundaries as-and-where I see fit without being painted as a paranoid, unstable meanie. You’re free to make all manner of assumptions you want (which is another one of the things I’m talking about) but other people are entitled to voice dissatisfaction when everything they say is invalidated by random people. Again, this forum isn’t the most boundary-savvy so I don’t expect tons of people to understand but it is what it is.

To date you’ve lost the most cool by kicking off and swearing for no reason other than that you didn’t like someone setting a boundary with someone else. And to be honest another boundary that I’m going to set is re. the crux of this conversation. I didn’t make this thread to go off in a disgruntled, rambling manner about boundaries and entitlement (conversation for another day) so it stops here. And ultimately it’s my thread (again) so I get to draw that line. Any more comments about this are just going to get ignored.
I've never witnessed such irrational behaviour on a forum before

Quite bewildering tbh

Boundaries? What on earth are you going on about?

This isn't super nanny, go sit in the corner.

You flew off the hinge after you made a thread and someone commented on their experience/opinion.... You then flew off again because someone happened to make a light hearted joke.

Last edited by ThomasC; 21-06-2022 at 06:58 PM.
Old 21-06-2022, 06:58 PM #44

Two final words: Dr Ramani.

In the meantime you’re free to keep playing into the book but you’re not showing yourself up in the most favourable light.

“What on Earth are you going on about?”

Anyone who doesn’t understand the concept of boundaries and dismisses it as nanny-state stuff isn’t worth engaging with until they take the initiative to educate themselves better but that’s not a job for this thread, nor is it mine altogether. That’s all I’m going to say at this point. This back-and-forth stops here.

Last edited by Redway; 21-06-2022 at 07:02 PM.
Old 21-06-2022, 07:02 PM #45

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

You do this in every thread you make, you kick off at people who don’t see things precisely as you do, if you can’t handle other peoples opinions, stop asking for them on a public forum
Old 21-06-2022, 07:02 PM #46

Quote:

In the meantime you’re free to keep playing into the book but you’re not showing yourself up in the most favourable light. Anyway, I’m done.
Dr Ramani my arse.

How have I made you question your reality or beliefs?

You are making no sense.

You are extremely neurotic hence why I asked you whether you were feeling low
Old 21-06-2022, 07:03 PM #47

Quote:

In the meantime you’re free to keep playing into the book but you’re not showing yourself up in the most favourable light.

“What on Earth are you going on about?”

Anyone who doesn’t understand the concept of boundaries and dismisses it as nanny-state stuff isn’t worth engaging with until they take the initiative to educate themselves better but that’s not a job for this thread, nor is it mine altogether. That’s all I’m going to say at this point. This back-and-forth stops here.
Believe you me, I know about boundaries.
Old 21-06-2022, 07:03 PM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
You do this in every thread you make, you kick off at people who don’t see things precisely as you do, if you can’t handle other peoples opinions, stop asking for them on a public forum
There’s a way to politely-disagree without making jibes that aren’t funny and clearly intended to bait. LT’s been like this for years and I’m not the only one to have this issue with him but it’s whatever. There’s little point going back-and-forth with complete strangers about stuff that they’re probably never going to understand anyway.

Old 21-06-2022, 07:05 PM #49

Quote:
Dr Ramani my arse.

How have I made you question your reality or beliefs?

You are making no sense.

You are extremely neurotic hence why I asked you whether you were feeling low
“Dr Ramani my arse.”

“I say I know the first thing about boundaries but dismiss it as nanny-state stuff all the same.”

“You set a boundary and that makes you extremely neurotic. I’m going to gaslight and pathologise you just because I don’t understand the point you’re making with my own limited purview of experience.”

I could go on all day. But I’m not going to because none of us really know each other so going back and forth with random people who aren’t going to understand things the way you do is a waste of time.

Last edited by Redway; 21-06-2022 at 07:06 PM.
Old 21-06-2022, 07:07 PM #50

Quote:
“Dr Ramani my arse.”

“I say I know the first thing about boundaries but dismiss it as nanny-state stuff all the same.”

“You set a boundary and that makes you extremely neurotic. I’m going to gaslight and pathologise you just because I don’t understand the point you’re making with my own limited purview of experience.”

I could go on all day.
Carry on. I can't work out whether you're trolling or just not quite well in yourself

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bread, life, money, object, social