Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB9 Big Brother 9 in 2008 was won by Rachel Rice.

Old 22-08-2022, 09:45 AM #1

Default Giving bb9 a rewatch

Anyone else watched the series lately? Wondering if your opinions changed on the housemates 10+ years later?
aromaticmist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 10:25 AM #2

How do you guys watch the old series incidentally ?

I’d also love to watch Brookside as well if you have any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 10:29 AM #3
Hmmmmm

Hmmmmm

I just posted in another thread on this, check on the bb23 thread. Not sure about Brookside though!
katie_x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 10:46 AM #4
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy

theres no amount of money you could pay me to sit through that **** again.
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 11:01 AM #5
Hmmmmm

Hmmmmm

I really enjoyed it, apart from the Mario and Lisa slime that I couldn't stomach watching. It did trail off toward the end and go a bit stale, questionable winner as well zzz
katie_x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 11:41 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBCanada 7: Dane

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBCanada 7: Dane

BB9 was alright but I did like it more back then compared to now. It started off strong but declined later on in the series (but to be honest, aren’t most series like that). There were also quite a few housemates that repulsed me, with some of them making it far into the series. The Top 3 that year was one of the strongest ever though, and any of the three winning out of Rachel, Mikey and Sara would’ve been satisfactory. I rooted for Sara out of the three because I genuinely enjoyed her the most, especially with how she stood up for herself. (and because I also thought she was eye candy lol)

Last edited by Eddie.; 22-08-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Eddie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2022, 10:10 PM #7
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

For me the series got ruined when Spitgate happened.

Don't get me wrong it was an entertaining night for all of the wrong reasons, but it made B-Block immune from eviction which made their journey boring.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2022, 12:46 PM #8

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
For me the series got ruined when Spitgate happened.

Don't get me wrong it was an entertaining night for all of the wrong reasons, but it made B-Block immune from eviction which made their journey boring.
Yeah but vile Jen ,Dale & Stuart were the ones who escalated spitgate in the first place. And Dennis was grostesque for doing that.

I actually was happy with all the evictions, for the first time in a long time the right people imo deserved to go.

I could NOT stand the Bex & Luke show , felt like they were producers favourite with the amount of sickly coverage they got .

I was happy Rachel won ,I know people thought she was boring .. but I thought she seemed like a nice decent person. She got bullied unfairly aswell .
Old 25-08-2022, 03:19 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Yeah but vile Jen ,Dale & Stuart were the ones who escalated spitgate in the first place. And Dennis was grostesque for doing that.

I actually was happy with all the evictions, for the first time in a long time the right people imo deserved to go.

I could NOT stand the Bex & Luke show , felt like they were producers favourite with the amount of sickly coverage they got .

I was happy Rachel won ,I know people thought she was boring .. but I thought she seemed like a nice decent person. She got bullied unfairly aswell .
Tbf Rex started Spitgate that night, yes Jen and the rest of her group overreacted to what he did, but if he hadn't have deliberately tried to wind Jen up in the first place, then it never would've escalated in Dennis being thrown out.

Although Dennis was horrendous on that night, there's no question about that.

The evictions imo just weren't very exciting, like for example Darnell clearly had an horrendous temper that would normally see him get evicted in any other series, but because he was in B-Block he had an immunity to the final.

I actually liked Luke, it probably helped that I strongly agreed with him about Kathreya.

Rachel imo never should've won, but I can understand why she won once she was left with Mikey.

KRO!
Old 26-08-2022, 01:06 PM #10

Quote:
Tbf Rex started Spitgate that night, yes Jen and the rest of her group overreacted to what he did, but if he hadn't have deliberately tried to wind Jen up in the first place, then it never would've escalated in Dennis being thrown out.
Rex did one joke on her and they all flew off the handle, winding her up would be to continuously pursue her painting and ruin it, which is what they were acting like he did. She actually looked like she was about to calm down too, but Dale, Stuart, and their throbbing boners of testosterone for defending her riled her back up into tears and created more fireworks then.

I wasn't the biggest Rex fan myself, but he did continuously apologise for this very harmless and mild joke and they still lost their heads at him.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2022, 03:29 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Rex did one joke on her and they all flew off the handle, winding her up would be to continuously pursue her painting and ruin it, which is what they were acting like he did. She actually looked like she was about to calm down too, but Dale, Stuart, and their throbbing boners of testosterone for defending her riled her back up into tears and created more fireworks then.

I wasn't the biggest Rex fan myself, but he did continuously apologise for this very harmless and mild joke and they still lost their heads at him.
I personally think that he wanted a reaction out of Jen as Rex was a wind up merchant in the series.

But I do think that he lost control of the situation due to the overreaction that you're talking about from the other side of the house.

KRO!
Old 26-08-2022, 06:56 PM #12

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

I think I might give this another go too actually
Strictly Jake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2022, 08:47 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Although Dennis was horrendous on that night, there's no question about that.

The evictions imo just weren't very exciting, like for example Darnell clearly had an horrendous temper that would normally see him get evicted in any other series, but because he was in B-Block he had an immunity to the final.

I actually liked Luke, it probably helped that I strongly agreed with him about Kathreya.

Rachel imo never should've won, but I can understand why she won once she was left with Mikey.
I agree about Rex , I actually liked him at the start but then he got more & more obnoxious & arrogant. But what's annoying is he made spit gate all about himself aswell,even when Mohammed got spat on, he had the nerve to say to Mohammed "calm down" .

But what I didn't like was how he had to keep apologising to vile Jen , he even said " I'm apologising again". Dale & Stuart made things worse that night. Even BB themselves stated how they kept escalating things with Rex .

Also Jen was putting on those crocodile teats for pure sympathy , whatever you think of Kat she was trying to console Jen ( even though Jen didn't deserve it) , and I think Rachel was consoling her aswell,they both were managing to convince Jen that Rex didn't mean it . Then as soon as Dale & Stuart throw their weight around shouting about the events,on goes the water works again as she fancied them both & she wanted them to fight her pathetic battles for her .

Imo both Stuart & Dale were bullies , their ranting & raving was that of 2 brainless thugs . Of course they had no self awareness to their ridiculous behaviour.

Even after disgusting Dennis Spat ,Jen still didn't see what he did as wrong . Also Bex kept jumping in aswell like a wild animal on drugs . And Sylvia had the nerve to talk about others getting involved ,when she kept throwing herself into that drama aswell.

I know Kat was cartoonist, but I thought she was harmless. Darnell disappointed me when Sara entered,his attitude changed. But on spit gate imo he was in his every right to get angry . He was defending his friend. And he could see alot of BS with that group .

Like I said I know people found Rachel boring but I thought she would as a nice person . And I definitely preferred her winning over Mikey .

Also ok you liked Luke, we'll have to agree to disagree on that . Did you see how bitter & sour he was when Rachel ACTUALLY won on the final night,omg it was embarrassing , bloke was throwing his hands about & frothing at the mouth practically , whilst still accusing Rachel of being 'fake' .

At least Mario & Lisa were bigger people ,and they were like 'fair play ' sort of style, even though they didn't get on with Rachel . They accepted it .

And remember in the early weeks when Rachel actually stood up for Bex , when she burnt some chips when Alexandra was having a crazy meltdown . Bex had a short memory. It was literally only Rachel & Steph who stood up to Alexandra in that early week. Bex was a nervous wreck around Alex ,soon as she gets kicked out then Bex got more 'cocky' & more nasty with the other housemates.

Anyway rant over lol . All these BB memories are still fresh in my head like it happened yesterday.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:34 AM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
I agree about Rex , I actually liked him at the start but then he got more & more obnoxious & arrogant. But what's annoying is he made spit gate all about himself aswell,even when Mohammed got spat on, he had the nerve to say to Mohammed "calm down" .

But what I didn't like was how he had to keep apologising to vile Jen , he even said " I'm apologising again". Dale & Stuart made things worse that night. Even BB themselves stated how they kept escalating things with Rex .

Also Jen was putting on those crocodile teats for pure sympathy , whatever you think of Kat she was trying to console Jen ( even though Jen didn't deserve it) , and I think Rachel was consoling her aswell,they both were managing to convince Jen that Rex didn't mean it . Then as soon as Dale & Stuart throw their weight around shouting about the events,on goes the water works again as she fancied them both & she wanted them to fight her pathetic battles for her .

Imo both Stuart & Dale were bullies , their ranting & raving was that of 2 brainless thugs . Of course they had no self awareness to their ridiculous behaviour.

Even after disgusting Dennis Spat ,Jen still didn't see what he did as wrong . Also Bex kept jumping in aswell like a wild animal on drugs . And Sylvia had the nerve to talk about others getting involved ,when she kept throwing herself into that drama aswell.

I know Kat was cartoonist, but I thought she was harmless. Darnell disappointed me when Sara entered,his attitude changed. But on spit gate imo he was in his every right to get angry . He was defending his friend. And he could see alot of BS with that group .

Like I said I know people found Rachel boring but I thought she would as a nice person . And I definitely preferred her winning over Mikey .

Also ok you liked Luke, we'll have to agree to disagree on that . Did you see how bitter & sour he was when Rachel ACTUALLY won on the final night,omg it was embarrassing , bloke was throwing his hands about & frothing at the mouth practically , whilst still accusing Rachel of being 'fake' .

At least Mario & Lisa were bigger people ,and they were like 'fair play ' sort of style, even though they didn't get on with Rachel . They accepted it .

And remember in the early weeks when Rachel actually stood up for Bex , when she burnt some chips when Alexandra was having a crazy meltdown . Bex had a short memory. It was literally only Rachel & Steph who stood up to Alexandra in that early week. Bex was a nervous wreck around Alex ,soon as she gets kicked out then Bex got more 'cocky' & more nasty with the other housemates.

Anyway rant over lol . All these BB memories are still fresh in my head like it happened yesterday.
I think in Rex's defense, I think he was telling Mohammed to "calm down" so he didn't get himself thrown out by retaliating against Dennis.

Oh I agree with you on Dale & Stuart, I can't remember which one it was again now that squared up to Darnell during Spit Gate, but it made me cringe at the time.

Oh and I agree with you that Jen defending Dennis on the night was disgusting, I get that she was friends with him, but come on.

Tbh I liked Luke, Lisa & Mario, they all made me laugh.

And tbf to Luke, nobody was as bitter at Rachel winning than Davina was.

Tbf those early BB's were classic, I can debate with people about them until the cows come home tbh, sadly I don't think ITV's BB will be allowed to be as natural as BB9 was because of how the public love to ruin contestants lives after the Show, plus I suspect that ITV won't appreciate Twitter or Ofcom complaints.

KRO!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb9, giving, rewatch