Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:21 PM #51
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Well you’ve just answered your own question there haven’t you ‘most children aren’t thinking about being born as the wrong gender’ there are some children who do feel the affects or being transgender that young, how do I feel about them being called transgender? I’m not sure, it could be a bit early to stick a definitive label on it, do I think it’s any more weird than young children being called things like ‘future lady killer’ or heartbreakers? Or people saying that kids will have to be beating people off with a stick when they’re older? That’s a lot weirder and is blatant sexualising it’s children, but the majority of people don’t seem to have a problem with that.

Of course it’s a life altering thing, that’s the whole point and as long as someone is legal age to consent to a surgery and medication and they fully understand the risks and the benefits and all potential outcomes it’s not up to anybody else to tell them what they can and can’t do with their bodies, I thought we were against policing people’s autonomy?
I think GoldHeart's point (and I agree with her) is that 16 year olds aren't mature enough to fully understand the risks and benefits, regardless of what the UK law says.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:26 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I think GoldHeart's point (and I agree with her) is that 16 year olds aren't mature enough to fully understand the risks and benefits, regardless of what the UK law says.
Exactly

And whether people want to admit it or not ,there is little kids out there being called "Transgender", because it's being forced / pushed on them . Like I said 16 isn't as bad as 5 ,but a 16 year old might still change their mind &..... not actually want to go through the medically procedure of transitioning.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 07-10-2022 at 07:28 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:32 PM #53
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

We seem to have drifted away from the point - that too much legal and social recognition of trans identities erodes women's rights. Whether or not kids should take pointless medications is a different discussion.

Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 08:33 PM #54
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
16 is the age of consent in the UK, that's a legal entitlement, so saying someone should be 18 to consent is legally wrong and an infringement on an individuals rights
I don’t believe 16 is the age of consent medically as patients are still classed as a child and put in a children’s ward up to age 18

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:03 PM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
We seem to have drifted away from the point - that too much legal and social recognition of trans identities erodes women's rights. Whether or not kids should take pointless medications is a different discussion.
That is definitely a tricky debate because whilst I agree with you that women's rights need to be upheld, we also can't infringe upon Trans rights either.

Tbh I really don't have the answers to solve that particular issue, but tbh I doubt that our Politicians necessarily do either.

And to Liam, I do apologize btw, I shouldn't have been calling you "self-righteous" and in general getting too worked up over this discussion.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:30 AM #56
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
That is definitely a tricky debate because whilst I agree with you that women's rights need to be upheld, we also can't infringe upon Trans rights either.
Transpeople and women should both have the same rights to single sex spaces, which would mean transwomen going with the other males half the population are women, while like half of a percentage of people are transwomen ... Who should be given priority?

Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:26 PM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Transpeople and women should both have the same rights to single sex spaces, which would mean transwomen going with the other males half the population are women, while like half of a percentage of people are transwomen ... Who should be given priority?
The issue isn't Trans women sharing women's spaces, I'm Pretty sure a few of us women have already shared public bathrooms etc with them . The issue is disgusting predators taking advantage of this, the average trans woman or even trans man will most likely be in & out a space without you even noticing .

I doubt they'd want to draw attention to themselves,as they're just getting on with things.

But the problem is any idiot these days can put on an outfit & a wig and claim they're "trans". And we're meant to just say "ok that's great" .

This has been proven time and time again that these weirdos will hide behind the trans card ....to take advantage of the system. We're seeing it in prisons aswell, when sickos are being put in women's prisons and getting them pregnant!.

Some of these so called "trans women" aren't even registered as female and they've made very little effort to transition , they've literally just decided that's what they want to be identified as. There's no proper assessment or concerns for the safety of other women.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:32 PM #58
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
The issue isn't Trans women sharing women's spaces, I'm Pretty sure a few of us women have already shared public bathrooms etc with them . The issue is disgusting predators taking advantage of this, the average trans woman or even trans man will most likely be in & out a space without you even noticing .

I doubt they'd want to draw attention to themselves,as they're just getting on with things.

But the problem is any idiot these days can put on an outfit & a wig and claim they're "trans". And we're meant to just say "ok that's great" .

This has been proven time and time again that these weirdos will hide behind the trans card ....to take advantage of the system. We're seeing it in prisons aswell, when sickos are being put in women's prisons and getting them pregnant!.

Some of these so called "trans women" aren't even registered as female and they've made very little effort to transition , they've literally just decided that's what they want to be identified as. There's no proper assessment or concerns for the safety of other women.
Great post Goldie, Primark backtracking over communal changing rooms for all just shows how quickly the idea of getting into a changing room with women purely to harass them took off, yet we were told that would never happen TERF

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jk, nicola, rights’, rowling, sturgeon, women’s, ‘destroyer