Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-03-2023, 09:07 PM #1

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
Default I've asked it before and I'll ask it again -

If this Country is such a hellhole (according to some) why are people dying, literally, to get here on the daily?

Name a Country who houses, helps, and supports financially (sometimes, agreeably to a minimal extent) more people than Great Britain does?

The proof is there. At the top of the Tories, they look out for the rich, sure. But immigration and illegal immigration is constantly, and consistently on the up, why?

Yes, for it's citizens this country under Tory control aint great, food banks, the rising prices etc...But is it really that bad? Honestly?

Im an anti Royalist, im not wonderfully patriotic, and i can agree the country, in parts, like the NHS is a mess. But those who keep saying how "siht" the country is probably don't know how good they've got things.

We're not crossing the Channel the opposite way are we?

I really hope this can be debated without the "the right are scum and hate every non white" and the left "are here to save the world" Neither is true!

Last edited by Swan; 11-03-2023 at 09:11 PM.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:21 PM #2
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

I agree with you that there are far worse countries in terms of how they're run compared to the UK.

If we're being entirely honest though, the past 12 years have seen the UK go slowly downhill from our standards prior to David Cameron's first term.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:27 PM #3
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

"Our ancestors did bad things hundreds of years ago, and our government got involved in numerous pointless wars, therefore we deserve it."

Last edited by Oliver_W; 11-03-2023 at 09:27 PM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:55 PM #4

Favourites:

Favourites:

We must be among the most tolerant countries in the world too...

We celebrate diversity.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:44 PM #5
Banned

Banned

That's a whole lot of delusion.

To the rest of the world, the empire was a monster on par with the nazis. Genocides, famine and various other attrocities were commited by the empire. Unlike the germans, who do and will forever teach each new generation about Germany's actions in WW2 to prevent the same mistakes repeating again, we as a country refuse to be accountable for the past or acknowledge what the empire did. We are inflicted with arrogance and a lack of accountability as well as so much ****ing entitlement it's a wonder we've survived this long.

Modern day Britain is a nation of bootlickers that will gladly do whatever they're told to do and believe in by the tabloids and will constantly vote against their own interests with the delusion that things will eventually get better when they won't.

Also the constant rising rate in all kinds of hate crime makes the whole 'we celebrate diversity' spiel quite pointless. Patriotism is a blindfold, and too many people are willingly blind. Things will never truly get better until the bootlickers stop acting pissy when someone mentions the flaws of this country. The country is flawed to a serious degree and all these bootlickers who are all like 'This country is great, don't like it? LEAVE' are only allowing the rot to fester because they're too cowardly to face reality.

I'd rather embrace reality by pointing out the flaws in hopes they get fixed then pretend the boat isn't sinking as the water engulfs me.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:53 PM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

Talking

"To the rest of the world, the empire was a monster on par with the nazis."

i love posters who speak for the rest of the world

Tom bringing the loz as per

Glenn can we get an Amen?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 11:06 PM #7
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom4784 View Post
That's a whole lot of delusion.

To the rest of the world, the empire was a monster on par with the nazis. Genocides, famine and various other attrocities were commited by the empire. Unlike the germans, who do and will forever teach each new generation about Germany's actions in WW2 to prevent the same mistakes repeating again, we as a country refuse to be accountable for the past or acknowledge what the empire did. We are inflicted with arrogance and a lack of accountability as well as so much ****ing entitlement it's a wonder we've survived this long.

Modern day Britain is a nation of bootlickers that will gladly do whatever they're told to do and believe in by the tabloids and will constantly vote against their own interests with the delusion that things will eventually get better when they won't.

Also the constant rising rate in all kinds of hate crime makes the whole 'we celebrate diversity' spiel quite pointless. Patriotism is a blindfold, and too many people are willingly blind. Things will never truly get better until the bootlickers stop acting pissy when someone mentions the flaws of this country. The country is flawed to a serious degree and all these bootlickers who are all like 'This country is great, don't like it? LEAVE' are only allowing the rot to fester because they're too cowardly to face reality.

I'd rather embrace reality by pointing out the flaws in hopes they get fixed then pretend the boat isn't sinking as the water engulfs me.
That's rubbish. Not all the people in those countries believe that. There are some that believe they were far better off being for the British empire.

I mean, this tiny little island fought, paid for and lost many, many lives to eradicate slavery from the World. The millions and millions of lives that were saved because of that are very thankful. And the millions of lives lost because the Empire fell are praying for a return.

What this little island did for the World is the greatest story in the history of mankind.

Sure, it's not all good, but the good outweighs the bad, which is more than can be said for every other country. If you only highlight the bad stuff, then of course your argument is going to be right. But why leave out the good stuff?
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 11:16 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
"To the rest of the world, the empire was a monster on par with the nazis."

i love posters who speak for the rest of the world

Tom bringing the loz as per

Glenn can we get an Amen?
Oh look, it's the flip flopper, considering your changing views on cancel culture, you'll probably agree with me by the morning so your derision is all very flaccid.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:19 PM #9
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
That's rubbish. Not all the people in those countries believe that. There are some that believe they were far better off being for the British empire.

I mean, this tiny little island fought, paid for and lost many, many lives to eradicate slavery from the World. The millions and millions of lives that were saved because of that are very thankful. And the millions of lives lost because the Empire fell are praying for a return.

What this little island did for the World is the greatest story in the history of mankind.

Sure, it's not all good, but the good outweighs the bad, which is more than can be said for every other country. If you only highlight the bad stuff, then of course your argument is going to be right. But why leave out the good stuff?
Tell that to India, tell that to all the cultures we trampled over. There's nothing more brittish than ignorant people making out that the empire was good because people appreciated being conquered by us. Just too much delusion.

We didn't fight to stop slavery, we just profited from it quietly until we decided not to.

Nothing you say has any basis in reality and you are proving my point about insane amounts of arrogance basically being a core part of our identity.

'People loved being conquered by us and suffering for our benefit!'

JFC, the delusion.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:23 PM #10

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Tell that to India, tell that to all the cultures we trampled over. There's nothing more brittish than ignorant people making out that the empire was good because people appreciated being conquered by us. Just too much delusion.

We didn't fight to stop slavery, we just profited from it quietly until we decided not to.

Nothing you say has any basis in reality and you are proving my point about insane amounts of arrogance basically being a core part of our identity.

JFC, the delusion.
Go live in one of these other countries and help them Dez.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:25 PM #11
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:

JFC, the delusion.
Some Indians would agree with you, I don't deny that. Some Indians would agree with me and I could show you that, if you want? (I can't be bothered to right now, but I will at a later date if you want?)

A lot of them moved to this country to escape their terrible lives and stay with the people that protected them.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:28 PM #12

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Some Indians would agree with you, I don't deny that. Some Indians would agree with me and I could show you that, if you want? (I can't be bothered to right now, but I will at a later date if you want?)

A lot of them moved to this country to escape their terrible lives and stay with the people that protected them.
Yeah we kinda wanna forget that their own people gave zero sihts about them.

Like the rich get richer in India, Asia, Africa etc...So they risk their lives to get here
Old 12-03-2023, 12:44 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
"Our ancestors did bad things hundreds of years ago, and our government got involved in numerous pointless wars, therefore we deserve it."
Obviously any country that gets attacked for things that happened before most of the current generation were even born is always ridiculous.

It goes for the UK, Germany, France and many other countries that seem to have their bad historical moments from decades ago thrown in their face by people who weren't even born back when the atrocity happened.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 03:11 AM #14
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Go live in one of these other countries and help them Dez.
What a dumb thing to say, you're predictable and I already dealt with this lack of logic in my first post.

Quote:

I'm sure many indian people were happy that we basically facilitated a famine that killed millions of people. I'm sure indian soldiers were so happy that the empire tested chemical weapons on them. I bet Indian love that we stole millions, if not trillions from them during the empire's reign. I'm sure Indian people remember the Jallianwala massacre fondly. I'm sure they loved how Britain's parting gift to India resulted in the partition too.

It's unhinged how you think that people will be grateful for oppressing and murdering them.

I'd say you should try and learn what the empire was actually like for the people of the world, but we all know you prefer fantasy to reality.
Old 12-03-2023, 03:28 AM #15
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
What a dumb thing to say, you're predictable and I already dealt with this lack of logic in my first post.

I'm sure many indian people were happy that we basically facilitated a famine that killed millions of people. I'm sure indian soldiers were so happy that the empire tested chemical weapons on them. I bet Indian love that we stole millions, if not trillions from them during the empire's reign. I'm sure Indian people remember the Jallianwala massacre fondly. I'm sure they loved how Britain's parting gift to India resulted in the partition too.

It's unhinged how you think that people will be grateful for oppressing and murdering them.

I'd say you should try and learn what the empire was actually like for the people of the world, but we all know you prefer fantasy to reality.
You're better off sticking to gender studies and fiction story writing. Those are your strengths. Just a suggestion from my observation.

God save the King
Old 12-03-2023, 03:31 AM #16
Banned

Banned

Quote:
You're better off sticking to gender studies and fiction story writing. Those are your strengths. Just a suggestion from my observation.

God save the King
I mean, I'm dealing in facts here, and you're sticking your fingers in your eyes and going 'lalalalalala'.

India will never be grateful to us for the empire's occupation, nor should they. You should really learn some world history.
Old 12-03-2023, 03:41 AM #17
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I mean, I'm dealing in facts here, and you're sticking your fingers in your eyes and going 'lalalalalala'.

India will never be grateful to us for the empire's occupation, nor should they. You should really learn some world history.
You are a good warrior Dezzy, you should come and join us on our team. You would be a useful asset for us. You're always welcome, we'll leave the door ajar for you.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:13 AM #18

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Quote:

JFC, the delusion.
The same people you're having to explain this to are the loudest in making it their mission to save the kids from the grooming of the educational system yet they can't even study enough to undo their own.

I guess historical inaccuracies being taught doesn't matter, it's just the part where they try to make kids accepting of each other that's the real issue.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 04:14 AM #19
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
The same people you're having to explain this to are the loudest in making it their mission to save the kids from the grooming of the educational system yet they can't even study enough to undo their own.

I guess historical inaccuracies being taught doesn't matter, it's just the part where they try to make kids accepting of each other that's the real issue.
Plato is in the building.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:20 AM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

Here you go Alf you love having things broken down for you in short twitter videos

Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 04:29 AM #21
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Here you go Alf you love having things broken down for you in short twitter videos

Like I said to Dezzy earlier in this thread. If you only concentrate on bad bits (which there are some) then your argument will always win. But when the good bits get put on the other end of the scales, then your argument will be destroyed.

I will happily destroy your argument by debating you on this. But luckily for you, right now Is not the time, I'm a bit pissed and about ready for bed.

Last edited by Alf; 12-03-2023 at 04:30 AM.
Old 12-03-2023, 06:08 AM #22

Quote:

Yes Jordan
he has been on the Panel
Politics Live BBC2HD
Clever man.

Showing Carry on films
some filmed abroad, not connected
but I see why they used them

Yes Kenya
was Evil British Control, back then,
Clips were on Politics Live

Last edited by arista; 12-03-2023 at 06:11 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:13 AM #23
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

There are a myriad reasons why people come here, it can be because they speak English rather than French, have family members here, or they are sold a dream by people traffickers that just does not exist, other reasons are in the main the British are a pretty welcoming people and rub along with people of diverse faiths and cultures, gays are not thrown off buildings or at risk of death and in the main it is a pretty accepting country

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:44 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
There are a myriad reasons why people come here, it can be because they speak English rather than French, have family members here, or they are sold a dream by people traffickers that just does not exist, other reasons are in the main the British are a pretty welcoming people and rub along with people of diverse faiths and cultures, gays are not thrown off buildings or at risk of death and in the main it is a pretty accepting country

Basically the whole world knows that we are a ‘soft touch’ ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 07:04 AM #25

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Between 1808 and 1860 the West Africa Squadron captured 1,600 slave ships and freed 150,000 Africans. Around 2,000 British sailors died on their mission of freeing slaves with the West Africa Squadron.

those british men fought to abolish slavery.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
asked