Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 26-05-2023, 01:17 PM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Red face Tottenham snubbed by Arne Slot with him renewing his contract at Feyenoord

good on you Arne, going for champions league group stage and to defend their eredivisie title rather than a team who likely doesn't play european cup football at all next season

a new contract until mid 2026
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2023, 03:42 AM #2
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Tottenham are possibly looking at the Celtic Manager.

Never in all my life did I think that I'd be more proud to be a Birmingham City fan than Spurs fans can be of their club if the Celtic Manager were to honestly be the replacement for Conte.

Honestly it sounds like a practical joke.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing personal against the Celtic Manager, but winning the Scottish Premier League with Celtic doesn't really prove that he is going to be a good Premier League Manager.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2023, 01:47 PM #3
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Tottenham are possibly looking at the Celtic Manager.

Never in all my life did I think that I'd be more proud to be a Birmingham City fan than Spurs fans can be of their club if the Celtic Manager were to honestly be the replacement for Conte.

Honestly it sounds like a practical joke.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing personal against the Celtic Manager, but winning the Scottish Premier League with Celtic doesn't really prove that he is going to be a good Premier League Manager.
why would the Celtic manager go to Spurs when he plays european cup football with Celtic and possibly no europe for Spurs

Quique Sanches Flores is available, he recently got sacked at Getafe, isn't a bad manager though just didn't have a great squad there, think he could do something with what Spurs got now, i liked him at Valencia
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2023, 03:11 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
why would the Celtic manager go to Spurs when he plays european cup football with Celtic and possibly no europe for Spurs

Quique Sanches Flores is available, he recently got sacked at Getafe, isn't a bad manager though just didn't have a great squad there, think he could do something with what Spurs got now, i liked him at Valencia

Ten times more €$$€$€££&

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2023, 03:39 PM #5
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Dont do it Ange, Vinnie, Nagelsmann. Whoever they're looking at

Why would anyone want to manage Spurs? Few things are certain in life but one that is almost certain is that if you're hired by Daniel Levy you will also be fired by Daniel Levy.

The head of recruitment under Poch said on TalkSport just few weeks ago that Levy gets involved in transfers and has vetoed players that Poch wanted. Why would any top manager work under those conditions?

There is always this atmosphere at Spurs that the playes dont like the manager; whoever it is. They had Mourinho and Conte. Two managers who have, since they've became established, won at least one trophy at every single club they have maneged except for. Spurs.

Mourinho has won 26 trophies in his career. IF the players don't want to play for that kind of winner, it says a lot about the players. In fact, both Conte and Jose have publicly said the players are too safe and its not a winning set up.

If Spurs lose Kane they will be a bottom half to mid table club. IF Kane stays he's a loser. He's been there throughout the time they had their couple of successful years and played in the Champions league final.. Surely he knows what he needs around him to succeed and surely he knows he aint getting any thing near at Spurs

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2023, 03:48 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post

It's a fair point.

I'd imagine that he'd consider it because of Tottenham playing in the bigger League (no offense to Scotland) but that could entice him to leave Celtic and join Spurs.

And tbf the SFA are useless at selling their League to people, after all a few years back they allowed Adam Rooney to leave Aberdeen to join Salford who were in Non-League Football at the time.

Basically the SFA needs to be as business smart as the FA at running their League, the FA are corrupt and scummy sometimes, but they do know how to get people to join the Premier League, and that is through spending money on a good infrastructure.

And if Tottenham seriously want to win trophies like they claim, then they need to look at Managers that have a chance at bringing that to the table.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arne, contract, feyenoord, renewing, slot, snubbed, tottenham