Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 Big Brother UK (BB20) started October 8th 2023 on ITV2 and ITVX.

Old 16-11-2023, 06:11 AM #1

Default Has Jordan Fallen At The Last Hurdle?

I posted a poll yesterday taken from over 1,000 Facebook comments of people saying who they wanted to win. I had Jordan on 39% and Henry on 34% with Olivia 3rd on 16%. Many many people were saying they wanted either Jordan or Henry to win with Jordan being named first in the majority of cases.

I'm now questioning if that was taken too soon after Jordan seemed to suggest his feelings for Henry were purely platonic. The producers must have wet themselves after hearing that, just as Jordan was looking unassailable he goes and shoots himself in the foot, or was it deliberate? It seems a strange thing to say only 2 days before the final, he's smart enough to know that would play against him if it was aired, and of course it was.

I'm seeing A LOT of people picking up on it and suggesting that Jordan is playing with Henry's feelings and that's just the thing that could take votes away from Jordan and gift the prize to Henry. There's no doubt that one of them is going to win and the secret room was the making of Jordan, it gained him a lot of support which he could just have thrown away.

In my poll I had this result:

JORDAN 39%
HENRY 34%
OLIVIA 16%
YINRUN 5%
MATTIE 4%
NOKY 2%

A vast majority of people were naming both Jordan and Henry and I counted both when I saw that BUT Jordan was being named first the majority of the time i.e Jordan and Henry to win, therefore if they were only going to vote for Jordan that would vastly increase his figure and decrease it for Henry

I've estimate that 50% were naming Jordan first which would would change the figures into 48% Jordan and Henry on 17%, almost an identical figure to Olivia on 16% BUT now we have the elephant in the room 'platonic'. I honestly don't know if it's going to turn people away from Jordan and onto Henry,. I have a feeling it won't but that's not with as much confidence as I would like.

Looking at the Betfair Exchange Jordan is almost 1/2 with Henry sliding out to 9/1. Olivia is 4/1 and Yinrun 7/1. Considering Jordan was 10/1 only a couple of days ago that is a vast amount of money that's been placed on him almost to the exclusion of all the others. The company that handles the voting would already know where the votes are being placed and that might account for it.

At the moment I would have them in this finishing order:

1st JORDAN
2nd HENRY
OLIVIA
4th YINRUN
5th NOKY

I can't split Henry and Olivia based on my revised figures so I have to give them equal 2nd right now BUT I shall do another poll later today or tomorrow depending if there's a post that prompts people into saying who they want to win. That would be very telling and if 'platonic' really has shot Jordan in the short and curlies.
Mike0902 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 06:28 AM #2

I think so , if we get another five free votes
Atake25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:06 AM #3
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

It's always been Yinrun's to lose. Just people thinking their own favourite could win with a bit of luck
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:14 AM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

No.
I never thought he'd win anyhow.
I wanted him in the final and he's always been my choice of winner.

However he's NEVER been the favourite to win before until these last 2 days.
So how he could have fallen is confusing.

The person who more seems to have fallen at the last hurdle is possibly more like Yinrun.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:19 AM #5

Kinda a sly edit tbh
On the main show, they only show Jordan saying the platonic word.. when actually in livefeed, both Jordan & Henry kinda use the word platonic as an inside joke for their situation
Raxton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:25 AM #6
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

….hmmmm, I’m not sure that if Jordan was heading for the win, then he would have fallen at the last hurdle…just because fans would surely be unlikely to change and go from like to dislike p/type thing at the last hurdle also…any behaviour or actions etc that maybe they didn’t like so much..?..would be less likely to change their voting…and also, they might still think he’s the best option …so no, I think if he’s fallen at the last hurdle then he was fallen before that hurdle as well…/…it was never going to be…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 08:01 AM #7

Jordan is going off into the distance judging by the latest odds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fallen, hurdle, jordan