Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Celebrity Big Brother 2024 CBB 23 starts March 4th 2024 on ITV.

Old 22-03-2024, 08:19 AM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Default ITV please soon go bankrupt

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2024, 10:52 AM #2
foolishly he ignored it

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Noky
foolishly he ignored it

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh

Thus far, I've seen virtually no distinction between Ch5 BB and ITV BB. It's the exact same iteration of the show, except with maybe a few more gross-out 'let's see what we can make them eat' tasks. I'll watch it, because there's very little else on nowadays, but ITV are definitely not the saviours of BB that people were hoping for. And it's miles and miles away from the Ch4 days that revelled in creating controversey and courting publicity.

I'm not sure there's even a place for BB in the modern television landscape, given how quickly and easily people take offence to even the most innocuous of statements. And during the civillian series, I seem to remember reading that producers had sitdowns with each housemate and basically coached them on how to behave sensibly (i.e., in a way that doesn't risk offending people) in the house.

If that is true (and I'm not saying it is, but I can very easily believe it), then there's very little point to the show anyway. What's the point in a show where its ethos is to take people from different walks of life and see how they genuinely react to each other, if you're just going to try and immediately influence the way they behave and respond to others. And anyway, British culture itself feels so diluted and devoid of that classically British eccentricity that we're famous for, so I'm not sure such sitdowns would even be necessary for the average person nowadays.

Last edited by ChalkOutlineMan; 22-03-2024 at 10:54 AM.
ChalkOutlineMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2024, 11:51 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post

No Dutch Nicky.

We need an ITV1HDnews and Local ITV news & STV1HD
it is Essential

Other Wise
it is Just

SkyNewsHD
sad BBC & their expensive Local news
and
GBnewsHD

Last edited by arista; 22-03-2024 at 11:57 AM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2024, 12:08 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
ITV please soon go bankrupt##

And deprive 7187 ITV employees their job and income when they can least afford it?
HettyLip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2024, 12:41 PM #5
You know my methods

You know my methods

he means

i cant watch BB and am in a huff
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2024, 09:20 PM #6

Favourites:
BB2023: Henry

Favourites:
BB2023: Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkOutlineMan View Post
Thus far, I've seen virtually no distinction between Ch5 BB and ITV BB. It's the exact same iteration of the show, except with maybe a few more gross-out 'let's see what we can make them eat' tasks. I'll watch it, because there's very little else on nowadays, but ITV are definitely not the saviours of BB that people were hoping for. And it's miles and miles away from the Ch4 days that revelled in creating controversey and courting publicity.

I'm not sure there's even a place for BB in the modern television landscape, given how quickly and easily people take offence to even the most innocuous of statements. And during the civillian series, I seem to remember reading that producers had sitdowns with each housemate and basically coached them on how to behave sensibly (i.e., in a way that doesn't risk offending people) in the house.

If that is true (and I'm not saying it is, but I can very easily believe it), then there's very little point to the show anyway. What's the point in a show where its ethos is to take people from different walks of life and see how they genuinely react to each other, if you're just going to try and immediately influence the way they behave and respond to others. And anyway, British culture itself feels so diluted and devoid of that classically British eccentricity that we're famous for, so I'm not sure such sitdowns would even be necessary for the average person nowadays.
I’d actually say Channel 5 BB beats ITV and i never thought i’d say that. This series aswell as the regular series were just mehhh
jones89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2024, 05:16 AM #7
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:

It's definitely a scary thought that the Housemates aren't allowed to make any controversial comments on BB of all places.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 12:09 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Olivia
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Olivia
BB7: Lea

Quote:

This. It's such a shame. I was watching a couple old episodes from seasons 3-7 and they were the golden days of Big Brother for me. If those seasons were made today they'd be canceled in a heart beat. I still find them an entertaining rewatch once in a while. I wouldn't go back and rewatch recent seasons. Add in the constant background pop music, snazzy 3D graphics, and Malibu Barbie styled houses, the appeal and edge just isn't there.

I realize things change, modifications need to be made to keep things relevant, etc, but I think it would be in the producers best interest to revisit these earlier seasons if they want to keep the show alive and thriving. Any publicity is good publicity, and with that I don't think a little controversy would hurt.

Also, let's go back to one host please.

Last edited by madman411; 27-03-2024 at 12:10 AM.
madman411 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 03:39 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman411 View Post
This. It's such a shame. I was watching a couple old episodes from seasons 3-7 and they were the golden days of Big Brother for me. If those seasons were made today they'd be canceled in a heart beat. I still find them an entertaining rewatch once in a while. I wouldn't go back and rewatch recent seasons. Add in the constant background pop music, snazzy 3D graphics, and Malibu Barbie styled houses, the appeal and edge just isn't there.

I realize things change, modifications need to be made to keep things relevant, etc, but I think it would be in the producers best interest to revisit these earlier seasons if they want to keep the show alive and thriving. Any publicity is good publicity, and with that I don't think a little controversy would hurt.

Also, let's go back to one host please.
BB should be more like The Traitors with the contestants that they're casting.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 07:10 AM #10
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

if the get a good mix in the cast, and some good tasks, they don't need anything else
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bankrupt, itv