Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:30 PM #26

One statement.

Parents fault
Psylocke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 PM #27

Quote:
Originally posted by sarahtheangel
trouble with society we live in today is there are to many do gooders , kids now adays no they will get of with this sort of barbaric behaviour , i give 10 pounds a month to stop the cruelty to children and animals . and readin thing lke this makes my blood boil . i makes youwonder what kind of up bringing they have had .

You pin point the real problem indeed. No sign it will alter either.

I think some are in denial when they think such barbaric behavour from some so young has always happened. As a person that has spent 66 years on this planet. the answer is no. sadistic cruelty on the scale it is today by the young was not that bad when I was younger....The internet cannot be used as an excuse that we here about things quickly but really things arn't that bad...... It is that bad.....

I have walked my dog and been told by an 8 year old that he wanted to steal it and burn it.......Would that have happened 40 years ago. No under no circumstances.No.

It will get wors. it will never get better.....A generation of cold blooded individuals will spread the same cold blooded sentiment and life style to their future children

No this does not mean all young people should be tarnished with the same brush.

What it does mean is that there is a very large minority and growing that will continue such behavour and escalate their future children to be just as disfunctional......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:21 PM #28
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Barbaric behaviour has happened way before 66 years ago. At the risk of breaking Godwins Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_Law) there've been MANY examples of such behaviour in the past (i.e. gassing Jews).
When my dad was younger someone killed his dog by drowning it in a river, for example - it's happened throughout time.
I was reading Catherine Cookson a few weeks ago and the book was from around 1910, there was descriptions of barbaric behaviour (including killing animals) from there too.
It's closed-minded of you to say outright there was low barbaric behaviour "back then".
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:46 AM #29

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama

I think some are in denial when they think such barbaric behavour from some so young has always happened. As a person that has spent 66 years on this planet. the answer is no. sadistic cruelty on the scale it is today by the young was not that bad when I was younger....The internet cannot be used as an excuse that we here about things quickly but really things arn't that bad...... It is that bad.....

I have walked my dog and been told by an 8 year old that he wanted to steal it and burn it.......Would that have happened 40 years ago. No under no circumstances.No.

It will get wors. it will never get better.....A generation of cold blooded individuals will spread the same cold blooded sentiment and life style to their future children

What it does mean is that there is a very large minority and growing that will continue such behavour and escalate their future children to be just as disfunctional......
I'm sorry, but I think that's very naive. I'm sorry about what the person said to you while you were walking your dog, but why on earth would you assume that that wouldn't have happened years ago?
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:33 AM #30
Banned

Banned

I think it's wrong to group up all us teenagers and younger people and tar us all with the same brush, you wouldn't say all Muslims are terrorists, All americans are dumb, all scottish people wear kilts and have long ginger hair....etc. So why is it allowed to stereotype all Teenagers like this? There are bad people of all ages and backgrounds.

On the matter at hand, These individuals are incredible sick and need some sort of psychiatric help. Obviously something is awfully wrong if they enjoy torturing animals like this.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:53 AM #31
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezzy
I think it's wrong to group up all us teenagers and younger people and tar us all with the same brush, you wouldn't say all Muslims are terrorists, All americans are dumb, all scottish people wear kilts and have long ginger hair....etc. So why is it allowed to stereotype all Teenagers like this? There are bad people of all ages and backgrounds.

On the matter at hand, These individuals are incredible sick and need some sort of psychiatric help. Obviously something is awfully wrong if they enjoy torturing animals like this.
Good post
Theres always been a bad 'lot' around for each era.
As for torturing animals,its always happened and sadly always will.

Oh and ''all scottish people wear kilts and have long ginger hair'',thats not a stereotype,its true!
spitfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:20 AM #32
Banned

Banned

Kids are cruel, simple as!
lukututuv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:09 PM #33
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by lukututuv
Kids are cruel, simple as!
... Dare I even start?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:11 PM #34

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

Im not cruel, just the otehr day I got off my bus seat for an old lady and I helped her sit her bags down, and I didnt try n fry any animals. Im not cruel!
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:47 PM #35

I dont like the way all young people today are steriotyped.

Not all teenagers are chavs... its just wrong. and everything you said then are just a few people who are just sick.
Emilee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:58 PM #36

i dont think "todays kids" ar all sick and thats coming from one!but after reading that iv know(to see)alot of people that are like that
KKBL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:50 PM #37

well to me I think its awful aiming it at all the teenagers of today because ive got fourteen nieces and nephews who are around the teenage and their parents are very good to the kids and they know right from wrong and I love them for that too
Ann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:53 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I agree Ann
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:58 PM #39

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama

I'm sorry, but I think that's very naive. I'm sorry about what the person said to you while you were walking your dog, but why on earth would you assume that that wouldn't have happened years ago?
I have been walking dogs for many a year and no such attitudes by someone so young ever happened to me before.
Neither do I know of any such case from the past.

Horrible things have gone on in the past of cours. However it is the volume of childrens atrocities that makes the difference from the past relavent to today. Put simply and not naively it is worse today than in the past....To believe otherwise is being in denial. As long as there is denial then a solution becomes impossible.....Where there is denial it will get worse not better......
Old 04-08-2007, 09:02 PM #40

thta abit to much infomation

but it not just kids who are sike
there is ike peopel in the world thta will do think most people wouldent dream of doing - like think you have said
SiMoN! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:44 PM #41

Ok. More recent examples of todays sadistic attitudes from young kids..

Friend of mine walking her dogs in the park gets a gang of kids throwing stones at them and trying to kick them. Little Jack russels rescue dogs. One of which was rescued from sadistic kids kicking hell out of it....She told them not to as you would. Reaction. Sticks were thrown at her..

Another example wittnessed by myself.Old chap walking through the park one kid out of a group just went up to him and slapped him across the face for no reason. Unlucky for them a couple of community police just entered the park...

Another inciden a few months ago old lady in her seventies attacked by a kid aged about 12 high on drugs had to be pulled off her by his mates. Heaven knows what would have become of the old lady had he been alone with her......

Another case very recent seen by myself. Not a kid this time but an adult riding a cycle on the pavement nearly knocked an elderly mans walking stick out of his hand with the wheel of his bike. Did he say sorry!!! No. He told the old man to get off the pavement..

Another case couple of weeks ago witnessed two kids on bikes in the park deliberatey steering the wheels of their bike into a cat crossing the path.....They made two attempts to run it over.

There are lots of good kids out there. I am not trying to paint all kids with the same brush.The point is there is also now a much higher number of kids that are not just bad but actually quite sinister in some cases.. Much more prevelant than ever it was in the past....In my past such things never happened. Can't speak for others but 40 years ago the streets were nearly always a safe place to walk your pets. Now they are not....
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 PM #42
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Okay, will you stop posting examples now. It's making me feel literally sick.

bananarama, those things do happen in todays society, yes - but it's very closed-minded and naive of you to think they didn't happen "back then". For instance, crime figures (including violent crime) have been on a gradual decrease for years. But you don't get that picture from the media, we get constant bombardment of shootings and stabbings here, there and everywhere.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:53 PM #43

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Okay, will you stop posting examples now. It's making me feel literally sick.

bananarama, those things do happen in todays society, yes - but it's very closed-minded and naive of you to think they didn't happen "back then". For instance, crime figures (including violent crime) have been on a gradual decrease for years. But you don't get that picture from the media, we get constant bombardment of shootings and stabbings here, there and everywhere.

Your missing the point. I am not saying it did not happen in the past. The difference is that it would be a rarity in the past. that rare I and most would not experience the examples given....Today it is at a frightining level and being in denial will mean the problem is mentaly swept under the carpet....
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 AM #44

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01
I blame the parents.............is what many people will cry, but at the end of the day most of these things are carried out by young people old enough to know that it is just wrong! even 10 year olds know it is wrong to hurt an animal.

I dont think that today's kids are sick at all, there is a minority of kids who are happy to be involved in this type of thing and like others have said we only hear about it because we have much better ways of getting news these days.

Did you take any action when you "witnessed" the train track incident?
I did shout at them to stop throwing rocks at the squirrels but they took no notice. I was crossing the bridge to the platform where it was taking place to ask them properly when I saw the one that got killed get struck and by the time I got to the platform (this was a rural village station where the platforms are quite far from each other) they were throwing it off onto the track. I did go mad at them when the train was coming though but it was too late, the squirrel got hit.
Bigbrotherin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:50 AM #45
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbrotherin
Quote:
I blame the parents.............is what many people will cry, but at the end of the day most of these things are carried out by young people old enough to know that it is just wrong! even 10 year olds know it is wrong to hurt an animal.

I dont think that today's kids are sick at all, there is a minority of kids who are happy to be involved in this type of thing and like others have said we only hear about it because we have much better ways of getting news these days.

I did shout at them to stop throwing rocks at the squirrels but they took no notice. I was crossing the bridge to the platform where it was taking place to ask them properly when I saw the one that got killed get struck and by the time I got to the platform (this was a rural village station where the platforms are quite far from each other) they were throwing it off onto the track. I did go mad at them when the train was coming though but it was too late, the squirrel got hit.
You should of filmed and photographed them and sent vid/pics to a certain group that im sure im not allowed to say on here.Anyone sees this kind of evilness in future try to get pics and if you u2u them to me,hopefully the sickos may get ther comupence.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 AM #46

To those people saying it's more known because of the media etc you do realise only 1 of the incidents I mentioned were known of and reported by the media. So it's not that at all.

I'm not saying that it didnt happen yonks ago, my dad witnessed stuff like this too and he's 68. What I'm saying is it seems to happen more often now and they seem to get more sinister. I can note all the ones from my OP from just the past year, my father can only name about half that amount for his whole life, and he has a very good memory and things like this stick in your memory.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:54 AM #47

Oh and

UPDATE - Police are doing finger print tests from the village hall to find out who was behind the beaten microwaved rodent incident.

however, they'll need to have finger prints of all the kids in the area likely to do this to compare them to and I can't see them asking for the finger prints of every child in the village (there are 2000 people in this quite large village), for one most kids would refuse to have their prints taken, I know I would.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:56 AM #48

Quote:
Originally posted by spitfire
Quote:
Quote:

You should of filmed and photographed them and sent vid/pics to a certain group that Im sure Im not allowed to say on here.Anyone sees this kind of evilness in future try to get pics and if you u2u them to me,hopefully the sickos may get ther comupence.
I was too busy trying to stop them to get a pic. Plus I don't know whether I had my mobile with me. However I will try to next time. I do seem to remember them laughing and getting on to the train that had killed the squirrel. The train was going from Radyr village (where the station is) to Coryton if that helps anyone.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:05 AM #49
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by spitfire
Quote:
Quote:

You should of filmed and photographed them and sent vid/pics to a certain group that Im sure Im not allowed to say on here.Anyone sees this kind of evilness in future try to get pics and if you u2u them to me,hopefully the sickos may get ther comupence.
I was too busy trying to stop them to get a pic. Plus I don't know whether I had my mobile with me. However I will try to next time. I do seem to remember them laughing and getting on to the train that had killed the squirrel. The train was going from Radyr village (where the station is) to Coryton if that helps anyone.
I know what you mean by trying to stop them before you could get a pic.Its great to know people care.
Yes it does help,any little snippet helps.(copied and pasted ).did this get any local press coverage?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:33 AM #50

There all sick with there attitudes and im a kid.
CassetteFinger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'sick', adults, kids, today's, updated, young