Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:50 PM #1

Default Should Big Brother be showing the HMs Nominations and Diary Rooms?

I don't think they should.

Last night, the nominees got to see who nominated them, and this was the second (I think) time this year that clips from the Diary Room have been shown, the first being Charley's fake eviction interview.

It could potentially spoil the show IMO because the housemates usually see the Diary Room as a place to confide their true feelings to Big Brother, or the public, it's something they usually feel secure about because their fellow housemates can't see what they're saying.

But now that Big Brother are showing Diary Rooms more and more, the housemates will lose trust in Big Brother. They'll be afraid that anything they say in the Diary Room could be used against them in front of their fellow housemates. This could result in them holding back in the Diary Room, not telling us what they really think, fully aware and conscious of the fact that what they say could be shown to their other housemates in the future.

Even in nominations, the housemates are going to hold back in their reasons for nominating someone. It could even affect their nomination choices, because they will probably rather nominate someone who wouldn't get really mad about it rather than someone they really want out of the House, and who would get mad about being nominated.

Diary Room moments can sometimes be one of the best things about the show, and the housemates. But if BB continue this whole thing about revealing Diary Rooms to all the housemates, then no-one is going to feel comfortable with being themselves in the Diary Room and saying what they really think, which could spoil the show a lot and ruin any chances of great Diary Room moments.

And even the housemates of next year could be wary of this as they do watch the show, which is why I think this could be such a big mistake.
Wasted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 PM #2
Nah

Nah

No they shouldn't, it was in parti of this week's task. The nominations are confidential and secret, it will be unfair if you show them, it removes all the good things in....strategies and treasons.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM #3

I watched it until late. it was a cruel thing to do. However i think it back fired if BB were expecting huge arguments.. Before I went to bed the house seemed to be even more united.. Felt sorry for Kara she came off worst emotionally

Is it a good idea. Well as a one off for dramatic interest I suppose so. as regular cheat no I would not want to see it happen...
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:57 PM #4

oooo will this be on the the highlights tonight, anyway back to the question no i dont think it should be shown as its not fair as some off the noms last night was hard for people to do
natjake2504 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 PM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshine30
No they shouldn't, it was in parti of this week's task. The nominations are confidential and secret, it will be unfair if you show them, it removes all the good things in....strategies and treasons.
It does, and imagine if they used it in BB5; That would definitely have ruined things, because Victor often spoke of how he was playing a game, and if that was shown he would've been nominated and evicted a lot sooner than he was, and the series wouldn't have been as enjoyable without him.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:00 PM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
I watched it until late. it was a cruel thing to do. However i think it back fired if BB were expecting huge arguments.. Before I went to bed the house seemed to be even more united.. Felt sorry for Kara she came off worst emotionally

Is it a good idea. Well as a one off for dramatic interest I suppose so. as regular cheat no I would not want to see it happen...
I agree that as a one off twist, it's a good idea. But hopefully this is the last time BB do this because it's not the first time they've revealed Diary Room conversations.

And if they were all friendly last night and no drama, it definitely backfired. Just like most of the twists this year.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:02 PM #7
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Wasted
Quote:
Originally posted by sunshine30
It does, and imagine if they used it in BB5; That would definitely have ruined things, because Victor often spoke of how he was playing a game, and if that was shown he would've been nominated and evicted a lot sooner than he was, and the series wouldn't have been as enjoyable without him.
I still think they shouldn't actually, then why BB would punsih housemates for discussing nominations if they are shown later ? It's quite contradictory.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:03 PM #8

No, the diary room should be a private place. I feel sorry for Ziggy and Liam who've had 3 private noms shown each.
Ollie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:04 PM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

No, Kara was really bad last night it was so sad, and Amyy I fetl sorry for her hearing what teh old fart Carole said
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 PM #10

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

The most important rule of Big Brother is expect the unexpected.

I don't mind, provided it doesn't happen too often.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:12 PM #11

The sooner Amy goes the better, she just gets right on my nerves.

They should have done the twist when Chanelle and Charley were in the house, WW3 would have kicked off lol.

They're desperate now, the producers realise they have a boring bunch of housemates and so they're trying all they can to stop the viewing figures dropping even lower.
Defoe8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, diary, hms, nominations, rooms, showing