Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-08-2007, 11:15 PM #1

Default Racial favouritism

I found this on the web today:

You call me:
"white racist names [not appropriate for the forum]"
and you think it's OK.

But when I call you:
"black racist names [not appropriate for the forum]"
you call me a racist.

--You have the United Negro College Fund.
--You have Martin Luther King Day.
--You have Black History Month.
--You have Cesar Chavez Day.
--You have Yom Hashoah
--You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi
--You have the NAACP.
--You have BET.

--If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.
--If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.
--If we had white history month... we'd be racist.
--If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.
--If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.
--In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.
--Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them. they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned.
--You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?
Jim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 09:23 AM #2

Do you feel oppressed? Thats all you have to ask.
Dr43%er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 09:49 AM #3

Even though what you're saying is technically probably true, I hate people who say this, it just makes them look racist themselves.
Noopie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 10:07 AM #4

that is true words said there Noopie i agree 1000%
Ann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 12:05 PM #5

You see in our day and age of political correctness it seems wrong that there can be such things identified as being "black only" or "asian only" etc.. yet like the thread says if we had clubs for "whites" it would be wrong, I ask why? why are we the only people who do not get to acknowledge the colour of our skin if we do so desire (I am not bothered lol)
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 12:32 AM #6

I completly agree with you Jim, i was watching Epic movie the other day and they were clalin woman White BItch...... the black guy was aswell but naah its fiineee but oh noooo when they clal someone a black bitch the whole world collapses...
tinkerbell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 12:34 AM #7
Banned

Banned

If we could all just learn to hate everyone equally, there wouldn't be a problem.
the_chosen_one is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 12:40 AM #8
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor
Banned

Favourites:

Jim your so right.A lot of English people are even scared to celebrate St Georges day through fear of being called a racist.Wave your flag i say.Be proud of who you are,no matter what colour or nationality you are.
spitfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 01:02 AM #9

Racism is such a Horrible thing
cansei is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 01:08 AM #10
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by cansei
Racism is such a Horrible thing
Agreed but what all the PC twits should realise is that their is a difference between racism and patriotism.
Old 18-08-2007, 02:01 AM #11

My friend's neighbour had an England flag hanging out of his window during the World Cup last year and someone in the same street who was from an ethnic background complained about it saying he found it offensive and the guy with the flag was made to take it down.

We're not even allowed to be patriotic
gracie24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 02:05 AM #12
Team Flack

Team Flack

^That ridiculous! We always have flags hanging out over here when football/hurling/GAA is on.

Political correctioness is ridiculous.
Princess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 04:28 AM #13
Banned

Banned

I agree with everything you said like people cant even sing bah bah black sheep anymore as a black person finds it offensive its stupid.
Holograms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 10:50 AM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Holograms
I agree with everything you said like people cant even sing bah bah black sheep anymore as a black person finds it offensive its stupid.
I don't think that's true, I doubt the majority of black people find 'baa baa black sheep' offensive at all, I think the government is paranoid that black people will find it offensive.
InTheFade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 11:00 AM #15

I think you hit the nail on the head in the fade! most of this cultural/racial divide is caused by politicians and people in local government who sit in their offices wondering what madness to throw at us next.

If basic respect was the norm then there would not be the problems we are faced with today. Most black people I know would not be offended by bah bah black sheep, it's a nursery rhyme with no underlying racial undertones, it's people in government who are the ones that make it appear that way!
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 07:33 PM #16

when i was a dinner lady ,we were told not to say black mans pinch , jim will no what i mean . we had to then call it blood blistor .
sarahtheangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 10:51 PM #17
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by InTheFade
Quote:
I don't think that's true, I doubt the majority of black people find 'baa baa black sheep' offensive at all, I think the government is paranoid that black people will find it offensive.
Very very true.This is why groups like the BNP are gaining so many votes not because of racism but because of PC gone mad.
Old 19-08-2007, 11:10 PM #18
Banned

Banned

I think it's ridiculous really that soooooo many people worry about all of this nonsense. My best friend is white, but he has an Asian wife who is simply wonderful and I go round to their house often and she is so chatty and hospitable and friendly and such a nice person. She is Asian and she is a human being just like the rest of us. Her skin is not white, but sooooooo what. I was talking one day about the subject of Race, well, there was about four of us actually and she said that friends of her's own a newsagents and one day she went in to buy some magazines and suddenly while browsing through them, she heard the guy behind the counter who is also Asian saying nasty comments about a white customer right in front of his face in his Urdu language and the white english only speaking customer is totally unaware of this. Anyway, she had a right go at the shopkeeper and accused the Asian man of being racist to the customer and using the Language-Barrier as a weapon. I don't agree that all persons who have a different skin colour to white are racist or not racist and same thing applies to white people. We shouldn't label a race or say - colour of skin, we should say INDIVIDUALS and leave it at that
the_stillness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 10:48 AM #19

Quote:
Quote:
That is so true. Most of the things deemed offensive are actually called that by the powers that be, who are just going too far and making issues where there aren't any. I have a lot of Muslim friends for example, who would never find anything like that offensive, and actually get annoyed when people say that such things are offensive.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 11:01 AM #20

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
Quote:
Quote:
That is so true. Most of the things deemed offensive are actually called that by the powers that be, who are just going too far and making issues where there aren't any. I have a lot of Muslim friends for example, who would never find anything like that offensive, and actually get annoyed when people say that such things are offensive.
Yeah, in a way, it's really patronising of the government.
InTheFade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 11:58 PM #21

i' m a black girl who has friends from different ethnic groups my best friend is white, i don't care what your skin colour is if anyone calls me the n word or "coloured" theres hell to pay, i admit every ethnic group is some what racist like my dad who isn't fond of white people but most racism comes from the whites, as you don't see black people or asian people having groups such as the kkk OR the bnp in the words of martin luther king "can't we all just get along???" i can't believe racism is still here, why can't people judge other people by thier personality and not by the colour of thier skin because if that was the case then this world would be a better plae for everyone!!!!
sexy_leigh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 08:55 AM #22

Quote:
Originally posted by sexy_leigh
i' m a black girl who has friends from different ethnic groups my best friend is white, i don't care what your skin colour is if anyone calls me the n word or "coloured" theres hell to pay, i admit every ethnic group is some what racist like my dad who isn't fond of white people but most racism comes from the whites, as you don't see black people or asian people having groups such as the kkk OR the bnp in the words of martin luther king "can't we all just get along???" i can't believe racism is still here, why can't people judge other people by thier personality and not by the colour of thier skin because if that was the case then this world would be a better plae for everyone!!!!
That's an offensive post. Most white people are as disgusted by the the KKK as you are. Aren't you being racist by making assumptions about white people? (And I bet you would be offended if I said, "the blacks" in the way that you have said "the whites.")

What colour is Robert Mugabe?

I agree that everybody should judge each other by who they are, not the colour of their skin - have you told your dad that?

The killings of Stephen Lawrence and Anthony Walker were shocking crimes, based on race. Do you know how many white people have been murdered in recent years in racist attacks?
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 10:00 AM #23

Quote:
but most racism comes from the whites, as you don't see black people or asian people having groups such as the kkk OR the bnp

The Nation of Islam, led by Minister Louis Farrakhan. He has a long record of anti-Semitic and anti-white statements.

Idi Amin. The Ugandan leader who kicked all the Asians out of the country.

Al Sharpton. American "black activist" with a long history of making anti white, gay, Jewish remarks.

There are now many reports of Asian groups fighting with Black groups for no other reason than they are different colours. Is that "the whites" being racist again?

There are areas round some cities in the UK where as a white person you would have to be ****in mental to walk round at night.

I have been called a "white piece of **** by a group of Asian lads. Does that make me the racist?

To say whites are more racist than any other group is ridiculous. You have racists in all walks of life from all ethnic backgrounds.
Dr43%er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 01:00 PM #24

Quote:
i admit every ethnic group is some what racist like my dad who isn't fond of white people but most racism comes from the whites, as you don't see black people or asian people having groups such as the kkk OR the bnp
So you have a racist father yet you claim most racism comes from whites.

Hmmmm,
try getting in between an indian and a pakistani group having an argument and watch those racial epithets fly.

and lest we forget all the anti-white and anti-semitic materials that form the basis of The Nation Of Islam in the USA.

We live in a society crippled by political correctness and there are some very opportune folk happy to exploit that chip on their shoulder to play the martyr - they are not white and in my book they are no different from the likes of the BNP.

Racism is racism regardless of the source - and elements within all ethnic groups practice it.

the problem is some people refuse to recognise racism if it comes from a non-caucasian - and therein lies the problem
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 01:48 PM #25

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
Quote:
That's an offensive post. Most white people are as disgusted by the the KKK as you are. Aren't you being racist by making assumptions about white people? (And I bet you would be offended if I said, "the blacks" in the way that you have said "the whites.")

What colour is Robert Mugabe?

I agree that everybody should judge each other by who they are, not the colour of their skin - have you told your dad that?

The killings of Stephen Lawrence and Anthony Walker were shocking crimes, based on race. Do you know how many white people have been murdered in recent years in racist attacks?
seeing my post now was quite offensive, but if a group of racists people beat you up so badly that you had to go to hostpital and they also called you the WORST RACIST names you can ever think of then wouldn't you be scared to even walk down the street cos thats what happened to my dad in the early 80's, also you have racists areas such as bermondesy when the bnp is, and i do think that you get racism from all ethnic groups but with the bnp their getting more members everyday so that telling something, and to dr3%er the asians and blacks only fight over stupideness not because of racism, and with what african americans were put through AFTER slavery such as having the kkk lynching black people like it was a bloody hobby and it still goes on today in the south such as alabama and mississpi i would be bloody surprised if the african americans such as al sharpton DIDN'T dislike white people!
sexy_leigh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
favouritism, racial