Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Old 26-08-2007, 10:53 AM #26
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Red Moon
How can you trust anything that is said by Julian Bellamy. He clearly wants the show off the air and in any case the format has ben watered down because of Jade Gobby and her little bitch dogs.

By the way, is there a source for this piece of information because as far as I can make out at the moment it just hear say from another forum. Namely Digital Spy and it is not even from their news section but just a forum post.

Anyone could have made it up!
Yep I wanted to ask the source actually.
Then...source Farhad ?
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 10:54 AM #27

Quote:
Originally posted by geoking66
Quote:
Originally posted by farhad
Quote:
Originally posted by JeanP!
BB7 good?

OMG

Nikki
Pete
Richard
BB7 is by far better than this series, plus the show was a rating success, and had many memorable moments, whilst this series doesn't have any.
Well BB3, BB5, and BB1 all had better ratings than BB7. And in actuality, despite higher numbers than BB6, the viewing percentages (the important info) were slightly lower than both BB6 and BB4.
BB1 was original but not better when it comes to entertainment, it falls flat, BB3 and BB5 could be compared with BB7.
farhad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 10:55 AM #28

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshine30
Quote:
How can you trust anything that is said by Julian Bellamy. He clearly wants the show off the air and in any case the format has ben watered down because of Jade Gobby and her little bitch dogs.

By the way, is there a source for this piece of information because as far as I can make out at the moment it just hear say from another forum. Namely Digital Spy and it is not even from their news section but just a forum post.

Anyone could have made it up!
Yep I wanted to ask the source actually.
Then...source Farhad ?
It was on yestodays Sun Newspaper, and i got the info from the S forum.
Old 26-08-2007, 10:57 AM #29

Quote:
For me BB8 is better than BB7. We didn't have any psychos, mentals, rubbish twists and the less deserving winner ever. BB8 was more intelligent, with funniest housemates, good twists and entertaining factors. BB7 was a disaster because all the great characters went early, that's terrible, it should have been so much better. I did enjoy BB7 but for me BB8 is better in the way it's been completely different with normal housemates.
But everyone will agree, BB5 is the best by far !
Psycos makes the show good to watch, otherwises we would be bored, it is well stupid to compare BB8 series to BB7, even the bosses loved the series.
Old 26-08-2007, 10:58 AM #30
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Quote:
For me BB8 is better than BB7. We didn't have any psychos, mentals, rubbish twists and the less deserving winner ever. BB8 was more intelligent, with funniest housemates, good twists and entertaining factors. BB7 was a disaster because all the great characters went early, that's terrible, it should have been so much better. I did enjoy BB7 but for me BB8 is better in the way it's been completely different with normal housemates.
Psycos makes the show good to watch, otherwises we would be bored, it is well stupid to compare BB8 series to BB7, even the bosses loved the series.
You are aware that Big Brother 7 was an absoloute nightmare series for Channel 4?!
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 10:58 AM #31

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy
I did not like BB7 hardly watched it, thought a lot looked like they were on day release from a mental institute.. but I'm sure those that enjoyed it enjoyed it for a reason.

I have loved BB8, we've had some great moments on there and I've loved most of the other series also. We all differ in what ones we like, I'd say that they've never had a good series since BB2, but that's just how I feel.
Give me a moment.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:08 AM #32

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy
I did not like BB7 hardly watched it, thought a lot looked like they were on day release from a mental institute.. but I'm sure those that enjoyed it enjoyed it for a reason.
Looking at all the BB7 was great threads I thought it was me that didn't like BB7 that much. I agree 100% about what you said about last years housemates.
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 11:13 AM #33
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : farhad
Quote:
Was it good to watch Pete being a perfect idiot ? Then we don't have the same entertainment factor. If you feel it's stupid to compare BB8 to BB7 why you open some threads about "BB7 is the best" or "Which series is the most boring: BB1, 4 or 8 ?" ? It's quite strange but at least it's like you.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:16 AM #34

You mean this article?

Quote:
CELEBRITY Big Brother was sensationally axed last night.

Bosses acted following the Shilpa Shetty race row on this year’s show — and falling ratings on Big Brother 8.

Stars including Paris Hilton were already being lined up for the next Celebrity.

But Channel 4 chiefs revealed at the Edinburgh TV Festival it would not be back in January — and the future of the show is in doubt.

Controller of programming Julian Bellamy denied the decision was due to the race row but was to make way for “adventurous” shows.

He admitted the 17 per cent drop in ratings for Big Brother 8 did not help.

And he said this year’s Celebrity — the first of which was won by comic Jack Dee — did not match others, especially last year’s when MP George Galloway acted like a cat.

The move casts fresh doubt on the future of Davina McCall, who presents both shows.

A source said: “She was humiliated when she had to read an apology at Jade Goody’s eviction over the race row.

“It may be she decides not to come back at all next year. Chris Evans has been named as a possible replacement.”
Source: The Sun

Where does it say that BB8 was worse BB7?

It just talks of failing rating which might be due to the sanitized nature of the show after last years race row.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:17 AM #35

Quote:
And the biggest Psyco on the show was Nikki.....LOL
Old 26-08-2007, 11:17 AM #36
Nah

Nah

Quote:
You mean this article?

Quote:

Bosses acted following the Shilpa Shetty race row on this year�s show � and falling ratings on Big Brother 8.

Stars including Paris Hilton were already being lined up for the next Celebrity.

But Channel 4 chiefs revealed at the Edinburgh TV Festival it would not be back in January � and the future of the show is in doubt.

Controller of programming Julian Bellamy denied the decision was due to the race row but was to make way for �adventurous� shows.

And he said this year�s Celebrity � the first of which was won by comic Jack Dee � did not match others, especially last year�s when MP George Galloway acted like a cat.

The move casts fresh doubt on the future of Davina McCall, who presents both shows.

A source said: �She was humiliated when she had to read an apology at Jade Goody�s eviction over the race row.

�It may be she decides not to come back at all next year. Chris Evans has been named as a possible replacement.�

It just talks of failing rating which might be due to the sanitized nature of the show after last years race row.
Thanks for that it's awesome, I was asking "But why Red puts that here ?" there is nothing about BB7 better than BB8.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:20 AM #37

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Quote:
Quote:
You are aware that Big Brother 7 was an absoloute nightmare series for Channel 4?!
Well they loved the series, which is why they uses BB7 housemate for reporting, like they did in CBB5, also for BB8, I dont think they would ever change the B-team members next year.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:20 AM #38

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

personally I thought bb1 was crap,i just dont think it was entertaining at all ,and i diddnt really get it,but i will say that i was only 10 at the time and so its understandable that it wasnt really my thing back then.BB2 i absolutly loved however and really got into it despite only being 1 yr older lol.I also loved bb3 ,my 2nd fave series of all time,bb4 i TRIED to watch but after 2 weeks i gave up and lost my faith in big brother for a bit and decided not to watch bb5!I tuned back in now and again for bb6,it was ok but i diddnt get into it like i had done with previous years.bb7 was a pure legendary,I loved it from day one right until the final night and i think the characters were amazing,yes they were total nutters but i liked that lol,better than being boring eh?I laughed so many times during that series and theres some great quotes come from it.
So that brings me to bb8,which on the whole has been good and enjoyable to watch but i do think that the tasks have been pretty poor and the housmates distinctly average compared to last year where we had shabaz,glyn,nikki,lea,richard,aisleyne and of course the plastics!
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 11:21 AM #39
Nah

Nah

Quote:

Well they loved the series, which is why they uses BB7 housemate for reporting, like they did in CBB5, also for BB8, I dont think they would ever change the B-team members next year.
Well you know nothing about what they loved or not then calm down. And you don't know there will be a B-Team next year and they will change it of course.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:22 AM #40

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
You mean this article?

Quote:

Bosses acted following the Shilpa Shetty race row on this year’s show — and falling ratings on Big Brother 8.

But Channel 4 chiefs revealed at the Edinburgh TV Festival it would not be back in January — and the future of the show is in doubt.

Controller of programming Julian Bellamy denied the decision was due to the race row but was to make way for “adventurous” shows.

And he said this year’s Celebrity — the first of which was won by comic Jack Dee — did not match others, especially last year’s when MP George Galloway acted like a cat.

A source said: “She was humiliated when she had to read an apology at Jade Goody’s eviction over the race row.

“It may be she decides not to come back at all next year. Chris Evans has been named as a possible replacement.”

Thas the wrong article, this was talking about Celeb BB not the normal BB, it was written on yestodays sun, try doing more research.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:26 AM #41

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Was it good to watch Pete being a perfect idiot ? Then we don't have the same entertainment factor. If you feel it's stupid to compare BB8 to BB7 why you open some threads about "BB7 is the best" or "Which series is the most boring: BB1, 4 or 8 ?" ? It's quite strange but at least it's like you.
Forget about Pete, and look at Richard, Nikki, Grace, Sezer, Ash, and Leah they made it so watchable, Pete wasn't even shown that much on the highlights. Richard and Nikki made hialrious TV, that we never saw in other BBs.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:27 AM #42
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : sunshine30
You didn't reply to my questions !
Old 26-08-2007, 11:30 AM #43
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Quote:
Quote:
Wrong. it was a Public Relations nightmare and a hugely controversial - albeit successfull - series.

+ Putting in housemates with mental conditions
+ The golden ticket fix fiasco
+ The re-entry of evicted housemates
+ The voting controversy this caused

These and many other events had heads scratching at Channel 4 , regardless of who they gave their little 2 minuet B-Team slots to the next year.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:35 AM #44
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Stu

Wrong. it was a Public Relations nightmare and a hugely controversial - albeit successfull - series.

These and many other events had heads scratching at Channel 4 , regardless of who they gave their little 2 minuet B-Team slots to the next year.
Can't agree more, BB7 was the year were the producers were really scared and there was a lot of conteoversy. It never happened before.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:37 AM #45

Quote:
Quote:
I did reply, I said take Pete away, and look at others like Richard, Sezer, Grace,Nikki, Ash Leah, they provided entertainment, Nikki and Richard made hilarious TV when together, which we never saw before, the quotes are even still being used now.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:39 AM #46

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Quote:
Quote:

Say as much as you like, the show was very entertaining, and is by far better than this trash and lack personality so they had to copy from last year, last years series has been more influential than anyother series.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:39 AM #47
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I did reply, I said take Pete away, and look at others like Richard, Sezer, Grace,Nikki, Ash Leah, they provided entertainment, Nikki and Richard made hilarious TV when together, which we never saw before, the quotes are even still being used now.
Richard, Sezer and Grace aren't considered as psychos therefore it's normal if they brought entertainment. Ermmm about Lea and Aisleyne, no comment I'm like !
Old 26-08-2007, 11:40 AM #48
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Quote:
Quote:

last years series has been more influential than anyother series.
That was worth a laugh.
Old 26-08-2007, 11:40 AM #49
Nah

Nah

Quote:

Say as much as you like, the show was very entertaining, and is by far better than this trash and lack personality so they had to copy from last year, last years series has been more influential than anyother series.
Wroooong ! BB5 influenced every single series after it. Without BB5, BB7 wouldn't exist and BB would have been axed after the huge disaster of BB4. Tell me how BB7 influenced BB8 because we got no psychos and mentals...
Old 26-08-2007, 11:40 AM #50

Without the legendary BB7, B-team wouldn't even exist, come to thing of, why was it not there in previous series or National Award.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
admits, bb7, bb8, boss, c4, good, hasn't