Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 28-08-2007, 11:38 AM #1

Default OK - Nikki\'s interviewed and OK column 28th August

Morning. Quite a few Nikki bits in OK today

OK - Nikki's interviewed over 5 pages with 6 large photos of her modelling Lipsy dresses plus a smaller photo of Nikki, Grace, Mikey & Lea in the DR the night they went into the HND. The photos are great, she looks fantastic, I'm at a loss as to why she's not the Face of Lipsy cos she looks fabulous in these dresses.

"I MIGHT ADOPT BECAUSE I CAN'T HAVE CHILDREN"

The BB blonde speaks about her battle with anorexia, her pal Jordan and holidaying with Chantelle.

Nikki Grahame arrives at our fashion shoot and, as usual, she's a bundle of energy. Hair flying everywhere and bugging our crew left, right and centre, Nikki's bowled over by our fabulous location: "Oh, I feel like I'm in the Bahamas!" she squeals when she spots the tropical surroundings of the beautiful garden that is actually in South West London. She continues the tropical theme by going a bit bananas when she spots all the fabulous clothes that have been supplied by Lipsy. "Oh wow, do I get to wear all of these?" she gushes as she eyes up the clothes, "I love that one!"

And so begins our shoot, and as we're sure you can imagine, BB's feistiest HM has plenty to say. So from heartbreak to new best friends, anorexia, adopting babies adn going out on the tiles with Katie Andre, the lovely Nikki spills the beans....

You can't seem to get enough of Lipsy at the moment - didn't we spot you at its star studded party a few weeks ago with Katie Andre?
Oh yes, do you know something, she is so brilliant. My mum was at the party with me for a bit and Katie said to her: "I feel sorry for you cos Nikki's the same as me and I don't know how my mum puts up with me!" I've always liked her but I hadn't met her until the Lipsy party but she was so down to earth and lovely.

Michelle Scott Lee was with you as well, wasn't she?
I love Michelle. I first met her at a film premiere after I came out of the house and we've been out a few times together. We went to Ashlee Simpson's birthday party together and me and my mum and her and her mum went to the polo. We've just become really good friends.

And haven't you become very close to Chantelle Houghton after meeting her on an OK shoot a few months ago?
Yes, we met through you guys really. That day we both started talking about our little dogs and we hit it off from there. I just think she's such a nice person. She's so down to earth and we have so much in common.

Have you been a shoulder to cry on during the whole Preston break up?
Well I sent her a text saying I hoped she was okay and stuff like that. She always knows she can call me if she wants a girlie night out or a good old shopping trip. We're going on holiday together soon, though.

Where are you off to? Somewhere hot we hope....
We're actually going to stay with a couple of friends in Marbella. We're meeting MSL and Bianca Gascoigne out there. It's just going to be a lovely girlie holiday. Strictly no men!

How is your love life at the moment?
Well I'm single right now and I'm glad cos I really want to be. I'm fed up with men messing me around. I've been through 2 break ups in the past year. I just need to find myself and have fun really. I wouldn't argue if I was swept off my feet by Prince Charming, though!

If someone were to sweep you off your feet, what would he be like?
I like men who can make me laugh. He's got to find my sense of humour funny and obviously be really good looking. And treat me like a princess!

When you find a man, would you want to start a family quite quickly?
I might adopt cos I can't have children, cos of all the internal damage I've done to myself with the anorexia. I've got osteoporosis as well. My bones are thinning basically.

How do you feel about that?
I found out about it quite a while ago and it is a shame. It's inevitable, though, with anorexia. I mean, I'm fine on the outside but there's still internal damage. I've got the bones of a 60yr old woman. I'm on tablets and the doctors want me to take oestrogen but it makes me put on weight and have really bad mood swings! (laughs) Can you imagine?!

How are you affected on a day to day basis by the osteoporosis?
Well I just have to be careful. There are times when I'm drunk and I sh*t myself in case I fall over. I actually don't want to think about the worst that could happen but then it's all been self inflicted.

If you had known about these conditions sooner do you think you could have beaten your anorexia earlier?
The think is I remember when I was 12 the doctor telling me I was going to get oesteoporosis and that I wouldn't be able to have children. But back then I was like, "yeah, yeah, whatever". Looking back I really wish I'd listened to her.

How do you deal with your anorexia now?
It's fine, I'm always going to be aware of my body weight but I can pretty much do what I want to do and have a normal life.

Do you eat enough though?
I would never let myself get hospitalised again. I'll always make sure I'm safe. I was actually looking at myself the other day in a picture and thought I might be looking a bit bony and could do with putting some weight on.

Can you put your finger on why it all started?
When I get down in the dumps it's obviously going to be a factor that I concentrate on cos that's what I'm used to. When I was younger and my parents divorced and my granddad died, the way I deal with it was by starving myself. And that's now kind of built into my brain. For me, when I'm feeling down I would feel more comfortable if I was a lower weight. That would make me feel happier within myself.

You seem to be focussing on the postive, though....
Yes. All of this is a real shame, but I've had the best year of my life. My life could not have been any better and I'm so grateful for everything. Everyone goes through crap in their lives and I supposed I'm glad I had this to deal with earlier on. That's why I have such zest for life cos I spent so many years in hospital. I just want to get out there and make the most of every single second.

OK column

Nikki's OK column.

OUR COLUMNIST HAS CHANGED HER MIND ABOUT A CERTAIN EVICTED HOUSEMATE.

LAY OFF JONTY
Well I am so pleased that Tracey and KL went. I knew they would go. But I'm glad Jonty didn't get evicted because I think he had a rough time of it lately from the other HM's. I think they've been excluding him terribly and he's been down in the dumps. The younger ones in the house such as Ziggy, Liam and Brian are the worst offenders, but Carole has been nice to him. I quite like Jonty now, even though I wasn't so keen on him before. Having said that, I cannot forgive him for scaring the viewers with his brazen nudity in the bathroom while KL was doing her make up. I think if I had been there I would have thrown up.

TRACEY THE SPOILSPORT
Tracey really wound me up in the etiquette task. She was making such a big deal about having to speak properly. But it was just a task, it's not like they were asking her to act like that for the rest of her life. I also didn't like the fact that she was willing to let the others fail the task cos she wanted to say "blimmin'", "phat" and "gravy" the whole time.

ZIGGY LOOKED FIT!
The dancing task the HM's had to do was good, cos I enjoyed watching Ziggy flirting with KL, not that you can really flirt with her. When they were rehearsing, I actually thought, oh Ziggy, you are quite fit. But Liam, for me, is the hunk of the house. It also made me laugh that KL kept calling Ziggy Goldilocks, but I think she fancies him.

WHAT A LETDOWN
We're in the final week now and I still want Brian or the twins to win. The twins have been my favourite for the whole series. This has been a disappointing series cos it has dragged in places and nothing spectacular has happened. Last year we had loads of things happening. There were loads of romances like me and Pete and Grace and Mikey but this year nothing has happened. It was like pulling teeth. My favourite part of this series was when Charley was fake evicted. I was also really shocked to hear that CBB has been axed. It's a shame cos it's always controversial. I think next summer the producers should do an "all stars" BB with all the biggest characters from previous serious living under the same roof. I'd love that!

CHARLEY'S NOT SO BAD
Before I go, I must just tell you that I bumped into Charley this week. Now you may remember that I said before that if I was to meet her out and about I'd avoid her like the plague - well I bumped into her at a club. And she was alright. She surprised me. I told her that I thought she was a nasty piece of work in the house and that I had slagged her off in my column. But I actually think she was one of the most honest people in the house. And no one likes people who are too honest! We haven't exchanged numbers but she's alright to say hello to. But I don't think we'll be friends.
farhad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 01:35 PM #2

She can have kids, just implant one of her eggs with her partner's sperm in a surrogate. Simple.
geoking66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
28th, august, column, interviewed, nikki's