Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-09-2007, 11:55 AM #276

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

It does look like her but even if it was, it was taken 26 days ago, that picture doesn't prove whether she is alive or dead.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 11:57 AM #277

The photo is very blurred, and yes it does seem to look similar to Maddie, without special proof and using the photo with face recognition nobody can say its her for sure
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 12:00 PM #278

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01

I would be sorely annoyed if they fly off to Morrocco after not going to Belgium and other places where Madeline was allegedly spotted, unless evdence is given that it IS her in the photo.
Moo too Sunny, it would ring alarm bells in my head if they did jet off to Morrocco

we can only wait and see
Old 26-09-2007, 12:00 PM #279
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mrs_rko

The photo is blurred.

How do you know for a fact that is her? I'm not saying it isn't but you're no expert at identifying photos so don't say it IS her when it hasn't been confirmed by experts. It could be any other little 4 year old blonde girl.
Mrs_Rko that photo is NOT blurred!!!!!!!!. It is as clear as day and anyone with a brain can see that it is Madeleine that girl looks identical to Madeleine in her photo so it HAS to be her. And I dont have to be an expert to say this I just know ITS her!!!!!!!. I believe she is still alive and that her parents DIDNT kill her.
Amy21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 12:02 PM #280

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy21
Now drop the whole subject of them killing her.
Errmm.... this photo proves nothing, lots of 4 year olds have straw coloured hair, button noses and could, in a blurred photo look like Maddie.

I dont think you can tell anyone to 'drop it'.... all avenues need to be investigated.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:13 PM #281

I agree with most of the posters here about the picture. It proves very little the quality is so low it could anybodies child.

I hope it proves to be her for the sake of her family but if I were them I wouldn't get too excited. Even experts say there are "thousands" of young girls fitting Madeleine's description who might resemble her in the right conditions.

Quote:
Expert cautious over 'Madeleine' photo
A facial recognition expert has warned that it will be very difficult to prove whether Madeleine McCann is the young girl in a photograph taken in Morocco.

Dr Rob Jenkins, a psychologist at Glasgow University, agreed the picture - taken just over three weeks ago by a Spanish tourist in Zinat in northern Morocco - looked "similar" to images of the missing British child.

But he cautioned that there were "thousands" of young girls fitting Madeleine's description who might resemble her in the right conditions.

Dr Jenkins said: "It is very difficult to look at two photographs and say 'that's the same person' when it's someone we're not familiar with.

"There is a sense in which we're familiar with Madeleine's face now because it has been all over the papers and on the TV, but it tends to have been the same few photos repeated.

"We have not had that much exposure to all the ways her face can move. Although we are familiar with particular images of her face, we are not really very familiar with her face itself - that is a critical difference."

Dr Jenkins also warned that there is likely to be "a good deal of wishful thinking" among people believing the missing girl is in the new photograph.

"When we are unfamiliar with faces, we are very bad at accurately saying these two faces are the same person. That is a reason to be cautious.

"When a camera is used, small changes in lighting, pose and expression can have a big effect on the appearance of the image, but they don't tell you anything about who the person is.

"You can end up with photos of different faces being more similar than photos of the same face."

These problems are compounded with a poor quality image, as in the case of the picture taken in Morocco.

"It looks as if this is a Caucasian girl, about the right age, build and complexion.

"But there are thousands of girls who match that description," Dr Jenkins said: "We are really, really good with familiar faces. It would be interesting to see what the reaction of the McCann family is."
Source: The Daily Telegraph
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 12:14 PM #282

Oh it's a young girl with blonde hair! It must be her!

Yeah right...
Redmond is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 12:19 PM #283
Banned

Banned

That IS Madeleine in that photo!. Its so clear as day and anyone with a brain would know its defintely her. I really hope they start searching Morroco for Madeleine as she needs to be brought home where she belongs and those who took her to be punished alot!!!!!!!!!.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:22 PM #284

Quote:
That IS Madeleine in that photo!. Its so clear as day and anyone with a brain would know its defintely her. I really hope they start searching Morroco for Madeleine as she needs to be brought home where she belongs and those who took her to be punished alot!!!!!!!!!.
Yes it does look like her.... but as I and others have said, its a blurred photo and it could be any child of that age with the same type of hair.

Even my daughter resembles Maddie in some pictures....until there is proof then we cannt assume anything

Please stop saying anyone with a brain.... I have one and its not certain its her
Old 26-09-2007, 12:22 PM #285

all discussion about Madeline should take place in the appropriate thread.

Thread now merged with existing thread - Red
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 12:25 PM #286

Amy21 you are bordering on the offensive here, stop it with the insults to people who dont agree with you!

The photo looks similar to Madeline but is certainly not "clear as day" even her parents are not saying anything like that so lets wait for the experts to decide if it is her!

We all have different thoughts on the subject and are all entitled to our opinions and should be able to do so without being called idiots.

The picture proves NOTHING!
Old 26-09-2007, 12:27 PM #287
Banned

Banned

I am re posting this here since Sunny_01 locked my thread when she shouldnt!.

Look at this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...440681,00.html

In this photo with those people that girl is defintely Madeleine I always had that feeling inside of me that she was alive and this proves it. You see the parents didnt kill her. Now drop the whole subject of them killing her.

This new photo evidence IS Madeleine you cant say every child looks just like Madeleine as thats just crazy talk. This is Madeleine in Morroco where other sightings have been said by different people back a few months ago. So it makes sense for her to be in Morroco. I will always believe this is her and that the parents are innocent and didnt kill her.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:29 PM #288

What do you mean I should not have locked the other thread, I simply re-directed people to the thread that was created to discuss everything about Madeline and her family to save us trawling through umpteen threads.

We will not DROP any subject because you have said we should, maybe you should DROP the venomous way that you speak to people who do not agree with everything you say on this forum.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:29 PM #289
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Amy21 you are bordering on the offensive here, stop it with the insults to people who dont agree with you!

The photo looks similar to Madeline but is certainly not "clear as day" even her parents are not saying anything like that so lets wait for the experts to decide if it is her!

We all have different thoughts on the subject and are all entitled to our opinions and should be able to do so without being called idiots.

The picture proves NOTHING!
Sunny_01 I wasent being offensive just giving my opinion on this whole thing. And this photo does prove something it wouldnt of come out if it wasent anything important.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:31 PM #290

no-one said it was not important, it is I agree important that it is looked at by experts.

How awful do you think the parents would feel if we all went round saying it is her and then it turns out to be yet another false hope for them.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:31 PM #291
Banned

Banned

Quote:
What do you mean I should not have locked the other thread, I simply re-directed people to the thread that was created to discuss everything about Madeline and her family to save us trawling through umpteen threads.

We will not DROP any subject because you have said we should, maybe you should DROP the venomous way that you speak to people who do not agree with everything you say on this forum.
My thread is hardly hundreads of threads. I made that thread to point out the new photo that had come out today. I made it also to create discussion of the photo that proved Madeleine is still alive.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:32 PM #292

Links to the photo are already posted in this thread and were this morning.

We are trying to keep everything in one place which is why I locked the other thread, one extra thread leads to another and another.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:33 PM #293

From the other thread which I will merge into this one.

Quote:
That IS Madeleine in that photo!. Its so clear as day and anyone with a brain would know its defintely her.
Sorry but it isn't a clear picture and even if it was the resolution is so low you would be able to make out enough of her features to be sure it was her. In the enlarged picture in the Sun her face measures 42x48 pixels.

Here is that area enlarged.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:34 PM #294

The photo does not prove Madeline is still alive, read the articles, they suggest it COULD be Madeline, it would be unwise of us to say out and out that it is her when the photo has not yet been scrutinised by experts who will try to establish whether it is her or not.

Madeline could well be alive, this could be evidence but we all need to cool down and let the experts do their jobs instead of second guessing them
Old 26-09-2007, 12:34 PM #295
Banned

Banned

Quote:
no-one said it was not important, it is I agree important that it is looked at by experts.

How awful do you think the parents would feel if we all went round saying it is her and then it turns out to be yet another false hope for them.
This photo isnt false hope though its her for sure. Certain people reported seeing her in Morroco and suprise, surprise she is finally snapped by photo with these people in Morroco. I always knew she was still alive I have had that feeling since she got taken. I always believe the parents had nothing to do with her going missing too.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:36 PM #296

It doesn't prove anything, the photo is not clear enough.It certainly looks similar to Maddie but nobody can be sure, plus the picture is from a few weeks back now.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 12:36 PM #297

Quote:

This photo isnt false hope though its her for sure.
There is now way you can be 100% certain its her.... look at the photo Red posted..... its not clear enough. Let the EXPERTS make the investigation as to whether this is or is not her.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:37 PM #298

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
From the other thread which I will merge into this one.

Quote:
That IS Madeleine in that photo!. Its so clear as day and anyone with a brain would know its defintely her.
Sorry but it isn't a clear picture and even if it was the resolution is so low you would be able to make out enough of her features to be sure it was her. In the enlarged picture in the Sun her face measures 42x48 pixels.

Here is that area enlarged.
Oh yes clear as day that one Red!! its her for sure!!

I cant see how anyone can say that photo is clear evidence that Madeline is still alive.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:38 PM #299
Banned

Banned

Red Moon that photo IS Madeleine. I will prove you all wrong when the experts announce it is her then you will all be so gutted when I am proved right. Madeleine is alive and I will always stand by that fact.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:38 PM #300

Even the exerts say the child in the picture could be any one of a thousands of children. It doesn't prove she is alive or not. Just that someone took a picture of a girl that looked like her.

Anyway, if it was her the picture is 3 weeks old she could be any where in the world by now or even dead.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discussion, important, leads, madeleine, madeline, mcann, mccann, news, police