Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 26-09-2007, 05:55 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default Are BBUK, USA, AUS and GERMANY the best BBs worldwide?

I was thinking about doing a poll about this. Are these the most popular worldwide?
cujo-man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 05:59 PM #2

It's hard to say. In Australia, BB isn't one the top programmes. It never made it into the Top 20 at all during the last series.

It's very popular in Germany, but I don't think it s must watch TV.

I'm not sure about US, but we all know BBUK is a big talking point during the summer but ratings have dropped. It is no longer must see TV.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 06:02 PM #3

you can never really say whats poplaur but i do remember the usa watched bb3 because i went over their and there was posted saying jade to win and on some brefast show they done a report on how the amercians love bb3
no1bigbrofan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 06:04 PM #4
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo
It's hard to say. In Australia, BB isn't one the top programmes. It never made it into the Top 20 at all during the last series.

I'm not sure about US, but we all know BBUK is a big talking point during the summer but ratings have dropped. It is no onger must see TV..
ARGHHHH!!!!

How isn't it. Series 7 got an average of 5.5 mil per episode and that was during the world cup! It had loads of publicity and was the third most watched!

BB8 was an awful series. Ratings dropped. Does this mean every series now that follows will flop. NO! If that was true BB5 would have been the worst series ever and BB would have been cancelled by now.
Old 26-09-2007, 06:05 PM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by cujo_man
Quote:

I'm not sure about US, but we all know BBUK is a big talking point during the summer but ratings have dropped. It is no onger must see TV..
ARGHHHH!!!!

How isn't it. Series 7 got an average of 5.5 mil per episode and that was during the world cup! It had loads of publicity and was the third most watched!

BB8 was an awful series. Ratings dropped. Does this mean every series now that follows will flop. NO! If that was true BB5 would have been the worst series ever and BB would have been cancelled by now.
calm down lol
no1bigbrofan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 06:08 PM #6
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by no1bigbrofan
Quote:
Quote:

ARGHHHH!!!!

calm down lol
Sorry, its just some things make me so mad!!!

But I'm calm now. Phew!
Old 26-09-2007, 06:09 PM #7

Quote:
Quote:

ARGHHHH!!!!

Rating have dropped, it is till a big talking point but interest has dropped over the past few years and is till dropping. People are not really interested as much as they were BB2-5.
Old 26-09-2007, 06:13 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ARGHHHH!!!!

Rating have dropped, it is till a big talking point but interest has dropped over the past few years and is till dropping. People are not really interested as much as they were BB2-5.
Thats not true. You only say that because they were your favourite series but in matter of a fact people must be interested as in 2006 5.5 million people on average tuned in each night and it was competing against the world cup!

Also the final was the 2nd most watched after BB5.

BB2 and 4 were actually fairly unpopular so don't give me that! Also in BB1 the ratings were higher than BB2, 4 or 6, so . . .

you've been labelled, labelled you've been!
Old 26-09-2007, 06:20 PM #9
Nah

Nah

It's hard to say,the notion of "popular" doesn't apply for the world, I mean not everybody does watch them and not everybody knowd what's happening on the other countries.
However, in all these countries, it's very popular (except BBAU). But all other series of BB are some huge success in every countries they are.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 06:20 PM #10

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ARGHHHH!!!!

Thats not true. You only say that because they were your favourite series but in matter of a fact people must be interested as in 2006 5.5 million people on average tuned in each night and it was competing against the world cup!

BB2 and 4 were actually fairly unpopular so don't give me that! Also in BB1 the ratings were higher than BB2, 4 or 6, so . . .

BB7 was did good but it didn't get as much recognition as say series BB1-5 (Minus BB4). BB7 did pretty bad some weeks and 5.5M was only the average. Media wise BB is losing, especially since about BB6. They just are not as interested anymore.

Fact is Big Brother is not the must watch TV is used to be.

"you've been labelled, labelled you've been!"
Old 26-09-2007, 06:25 PM #11

Well BBUS, im my opinion is the worst (format wise) but there are some really good housemates/tasks! The Auzzie series is renouned for not being origional (but beleive me, an origional twist from BBAU, can result in being one of the best!) BBUK, has some really bad series (most other countries don't have this ratings problem) and BB Germany has the reputatin for being the best,how ever BB7 got axed half wat through.

Over all in my opinion, BBUK has the best logo, opening/closing/themetune. presenters, house, twists, spin -off shows and housemates (only a few though lol)
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 06:27 PM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ARGHHHH!!!!

BB7 was did good but it didn't get as much recognition as say series BB1-5 (Minus BB4). BB7 did pretty bad some weeks and 5.5M was only the average. Media wise BB is losing, especially since about BB6. They just are not as interested anymore.

Fact is Big Brother is not the must watch TV is used to be.

"you've been labelled, labelled you've been!"
BB5 only got 5.7 mil on average and it didn't have the fierce competition of the world cup. BB7 had plenty of media coverage and has the most posts about it on this forum. Also may I remind its launch night was the most watched and its final the second most watched after BB5.

You've been labelled, labelled you've been!
Old 26-09-2007, 06:41 PM #13

BB7 was fixed around not being on during the World Cup, hence good ratings. Also, it was the alternative for those who don't want to watch football. It had some minor competition from Celeb X Factor at the start, which it lost out to but besides from that it was was on it's own.

BB8 and BB6 had the biggest competition. BB6 went up against 'Celebrity Love Island' and lost every time, while BB8 got a bad start up against 'Britain's Got Talent'.

Media interest is not what it was back in the day. BB is now just a novelty and a gimmick, Its not there as a social experiment anymore, now it's just light entertainment gone wrong.

People are not as interested in watching BB as they were before, and thats fact. People just are not bothered and it shows. BB IS NOT the show it used to be and IS NOT must see TV like it used to be.

Now, my friend, you have been labelled
Old 26-09-2007, 06:43 PM #14
Banned

Banned

Quote:
BB7 was fixed around not being on during the World Cup, hence good ratings. Also, it was the alternative for those who don't want to watch football. It had some minor competition from Celeb X Factor at the start, which it lost out to but besides from that it was was on it's own.

BB8 and BB6 had the biggest competition. BB6 went up against 'Celebrity Love Island' and lost every time, while BB8 got a bad start up against 'Britain's Got Talent'.

Media interest is not what it was back in the day. BB is now just a novelty and a gimmick, Its not there as a social experiment anymore, now it's just light entertainment gone wrong.

People are not as interested in watching BB as they were before, and thats fact. People just are not bothered and it shows. BB [b]IS NOT[b] the show it used to be and IS NOT must see TV like it used to be.
BB6 was up against Celeb Love Island? Well I have to ask wasn't BB7 aswell.

And how can you say you liked BB5 and then say you hated the ones filled with wannabes. BB5 was the start of the wannabes.
Old 26-09-2007, 06:46 PM #15

Quote:
Quote:

People are not as interested in watching BB as they were before, and thats fact. People just are not bothered and it shows. BB [b]IS NOT[b] the show it used to be and IS NOT must see TV like it used to be.

And how can you say you liked BB5 and then say you hated the ones filled with wannabes. BB5 was the start of the wannabes.
BB7 was not up against Love Island as it moved to air around Big Brother.

Where in my post did I say I like BB5?
Old 26-09-2007, 06:53 PM #16
Nah

Nah

For me, BB7 being a success, remain a large mystere, I don't see why but well...

And by the way, I do agree with Arneldo, the "BB phenomeon" is not what it was between 2000 and 2005. For people, BB is a "old" show, it's in their habits to watch it, it's not like "the even of the year".

That's why some decide (like in France or Germany) to make a big lifting an to start a new format.
Old 26-09-2007, 06:59 PM #17

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Speidi
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Speidi
CBB18: Stephen Bear

BB7 and BB8 were the worst series so far

BB5, BB3 and BB2 were the best
JeanP! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 07:08 PM #18
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshine30
For me, BB7 being a success, remain a large mystere, I don't see why but well...

And by the way, I do agree with Arneldo, the "BB phenomeon" is not what it was between 2000 and 2005. For people, BB is a "old" show, it's in their habits to watch it, it's not like "the even of the year".

That's why some decide (like in France or Germany) to make a big lifting an to start a new format.
But the launch and the final are the biggest TV events of the year.
Old 26-09-2007, 07:09 PM #19
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JeanP!

BB2 got some of the worst ratings.
Old 26-09-2007, 07:10 PM #20
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : cujo_man

Yes because it remains a big show, peopel are interested for the launch to see who's in and for the finale to see who has won.
Old 26-09-2007, 07:10 PM #21
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

BB7 was not up against Love Island as it moved to air around Big Brother.

Where in my post did I say I like BB5?
Still Love Island was on, meaning if BB was truly the old and stale TV series who claim it to be then many people would ahve switched it off people completely and turned to Love Island.

But instead BB7 became the third most watched BB!
Old 26-09-2007, 07:13 PM #22
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:

Yes because it remains a big show, peopel are interested for the launch to see who's in and for the finale to see who has won.
So why are you saying its not as big is it was?
Old 26-09-2007, 07:14 PM #23
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Quote:

It was the 4th most viewed series.
Old 26-09-2007, 08:19 PM #24
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was the 4th most viewed series.
5th actually. BB1 got more.
Old 26-09-2007, 09:22 PM #25

Why are you so focused on ratings. Just because lots of people watch doesn't mean its good, loads of people watch lots of things that are crap.

The best series in entertainment, housemate, twists and task wise are BB3 and BB5, there's no denying that.

BBUSA is fairly popular, it has a loyal fan base and it's latest series was considered a big success.
Redmond is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aus, bbs, bbuk, germany, usa, worldwide