Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 16-10-2003, 12:36 AM #1

Default Matron, the screens!!

Or should I say, the morning after pill?

Well, after seeing tonight's teen BB, I have to say that I am really glad that I am neither of those two's mum. No offence Internetsusie or Insider, but if one of my sons had done that 'on national TV' in full sober knwledge of the repercussions and embarassment for the family and the disrespect for the girl and hers, I would have given them a sound thwacking when they came out.

I know that makes me old fashioned, and that they are 'both adults', but I am sure that they don't yet live independently of their family home, in which case some consideration is still owed.

I couch this from the mother of son's perspective solely because I am a mother of sons. Not because I think the boy has more responsibility.

It's not that they did it, I know people do nowadays if they so much as share a bag of crisps, it's where they did it.

OK I feel better now.
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 09:14 AM #2

yeah, kinda embarrasing.
tonights episode covers it pretty well i think though, they both realised that it was a heat of the moment thing and well, shouldn't of happened in the house.
I think the way channel 4 handled itself afterwards (in the diary room) was pretty good.
Insider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 09:38 AM #3

I thought it was more embarrassing when Jade threw a strop because she wouldn't be allowed to keep her make-up .. and then she was told she could keep her eyebrow pencil!!

I would have thought that's one of the main things BB WOULDN'T let her keep as it could be used to communicate with others. After all, doesn't the girl have eyebrows?????
kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 11:50 AM #4

I understand how you feel matron, but I couldnt be ashamed of any of my kids, well they are all adults now, unless they did something horrific like mass murder! I didnt watch the scene, (obviously) but I did watch the next days episode and they were both so sorry for what happened, Jade did invite Tommy into her bed, although that is no excuse I dont think many males would turn down an invite! sorry all you males, it was done in the heat of the moment and with out thinking. It is in all the papers this morning but today it will be old news, Tommy and Jade still stay in contact and were on the Salon together yesterday, they are not boyfriend and girlfreind, but just good friends.
internetsusie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 04:03 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):

I saw tonighs on E4 and it is pretty good
The 2nd evictee is revealed as well
BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 05:49 PM #6

As is very often the case, I am in agreement with everything that ROB says. Sorry but I have a daughter and a son both in their twenties and would be 'disappointed' if they behaved in the way that Jade and Tommy did on National TV.

Not so much for myself, but for them. I am sure they both regretted what happened in the heat of the moment and its not something they will want to tell their own children in the future. Perhaps it showed their immaturity as against previous housemates who have resisted the temptation.

BTW did they get the Ł50,000 the Sun offered for the first BB sex.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 06:51 PM #7

They didnt get the Ł50.000, they have not recieved any money for anything, there has been offered but they turned them all down.
Old 17-10-2003, 09:59 AM #8

I didn't think I'd get in to Teen BB but the last 2 shows I really enjoyed! I managed, thankfully, to miss the Jade and Tommy clinch. I watched the final show on E4 last night so won't give away who won just in case someone hasn't seen it but what a way to chose a winner, I'd hate to have to do what they did
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2003, 06:09 PM #9

I watched it as well on E4 last night. What a fantastic prize, but as you said what a way to choose the winner. Felt sorry for James though!
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2003, 07:13 PM #10

I thought they were very harsh on James, look what Ray got away with
Old 18-10-2003, 09:47 AM #11

I suppose they were a little harsh on James, but he was given plenty of warning, even on that day before they took the action they did. That's what comes of not doing as you were told James.

He played the game well with the others, Mr Nice Guy, but forgot the rules. I don't think he would have won though. It's ironic that the most annoying person in there won. Still that's not a first.

Paul was noble in taking Caroline though, just as she was noble voting for him knowing that he would consequently win. Good for both of them. I am quite jealous of the prize. In many ways it's a better prize than winning Ł70,000 and just being a winner, with all the expectations that brings.
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 11:26 AM #12

I thought they were awful to James and a bit cynical in their motivations for disqualifying him.

Not being able to stay awake shouldn't be against the rules.

Great show btw.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 12:17 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I felt sorry for James as well.
I liked the prize though
BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 12:21 PM #14

I only saw the second half of the program last night so I didn't see why James was disqualified, though I remember seeing him get a second warning a couple of days ago.

What did he do?
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 12:24 PM #15

yeah it was harsh on him, but he did already have 2 warnings, think of it this way, if he hadn't of told BB to ****** off he would still been in with a chance of winning.

The prize was awesome, Tommy wasn't interested in a trip around the world hence the "I'm glad i didn't win" when it was shown on the plasma screen.

*Inside Info*
Paul & Caroline are not getting on too well on this trip, i think he's regretting his decision.
Paul & Caroline: Last spotted in New Zealand
Insider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 12:35 PM #16

Quote:
What did he do?
Big Brother woke the housemates up 2 hours early - at 6:00 am - on the last day, so they could make the best of their last day in the house.

They had a party the previous night though and three of them (including James) went back to bed at about 9:00 am. Big Brother then told them to get up again.

Later on Jade and James were dozing on the decking by the pool, and Big Brother called Jade to the diary room and gave her an official warning - her second. They then called James to the diary room and disqualified him because he already had two warnings....

I wonder how Gos would have done in BB4 if they had enforced a similar rule then. He would have been out within a week!

Old 18-10-2003, 05:11 PM #17

James shouldn't have been so arrogant as to think he could get away with it. He got his warnings from throwing two many arrogant strops when things wern't going his way. All and all, I was right the first time about them all being brats. The only decent one was Caroline who should have won it. She wasn't chucking her dummy out of the pram every five minutes like everyone else. I now know what the term casual sex means now as well, how can two people have sex then be totally indifferent about it all after it, is beyond me. God help us!, HIV and getting pregnant must only matter if you lived in the 80's. If you were born into it, well thats okay then, your safe it seems. Sex in big brother doesn't bother me between people mature enough, it was the way ch4 went about it, if two people are mature enough to sit and have a conversation about doing it before hand, then it's least likely to happen, especially in there, if it does well that means there must be some love there at least. Sorry Tommy but doing it with a girl and not using or finding out if she or you have any contraception is s**t and doesn't show any respect, hope you learned something from it, and the people watching. It's just as well Paul didn't take Jade along on that holiday as well because, I think one of them would have had a knife stuck in there back at the end of it, quite literally. Talk about a weird friendship, they were like something out of the fall of the Roman Empire. Bit like this country, if there carry on was anything to go by.
steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 05:58 PM #18

I've enjoyed watching teen bb but I think the reason why I enjoyed it was the fact that we saw more happen with the nominations and evictions being so close together.
I was very suprised to see Paul win it after he was the one that seemed to cause most of arguments in there
and I was very suprised that Tracy didn't vote for Tommy
I felt very cofused towards the end of it at they seemed to change their opinions on each other and their friends constantly,but then I suppose thats teenagers for you!
I wanted Caroline to win aswell. I thought she was the most mature of them all but really thought that Tommy would win as he seemed to get on well with all the housemates and didn't argue with anyone.
I don't think I would have made it through the airport with Paul without gagging him,I don't know how Caroline is managing to cope with him.
I did feel sorry for James for getting the last warning that stopped him winning but thought he may have realised that bb was trying to test him by waking them up so early.
rachb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 06:45 PM #19

I dont know if Channel 4 or anyone from Endemol read this forum, but if they do then I am in the s**t!! I know people will be suprised that Tracey didnt vote for Tommy, but she was told not to, it was the same with Paul and Jade, he was also told he couldnt take her with him, I cant go into to much detail, but more went on behind the scenes than people will ever know about, it was very unfair and it makes me think about the other BB's were the votes rigged then as well.
Old 18-10-2003, 11:20 PM #20

Well it lost me, I couldn't work out were Paul and Caroline became such good friends. Maybe it was all down to the editing no doubt they'd show the chickens laying eggs, just as you'd got the rapper off the Durex or Jade taking her pill. I don't know, only you who were there will know the full true story at the end of the day. Which is fair enough, it's all part of growing up and lifes up's and down's. Good on you all, for having a go though and putting up with the stick. It did give me a laugh now and then, especially Tracy the Brookside gangsters Moll.
steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2003, 10:22 AM #21

I was suprised that Paul won as well, but not as surprised as I am at the thought that C4 may have influenced their votes!! It's not that I don't believe you insider, but it's just that if it was rigged to that extent, it's really unfair.

And, like you, I also wonder a bit more about previous BBs now!

I know Tommy and Jade are still in touch from what you have said, but do Tommy and Tracey still keep in contact? They seemed to form a friendship in there that would last.
Old 19-10-2003, 10:45 AM #22

It was unfair that Caroline was put in the position, during the voting, of being able to vote tactically. They should of had a secret ballot.

I thought Paul should have taken Jade on the trip. Even though they had arguements it seemed a more genuine friendship than Paul and Caroline. Caroline looked like the kind of person that would try to get on with everyone for the sake of peace and quiet in the house.
Old 19-10-2003, 11:25 AM #23

I agree James. I didn't watch all of the programs but never really took to Caroline, she seemed very manipulative.

The thought of Endemol influencing the voting doesn't actually surprise me that much, there has been much talk on various forums in the past about them trying to influence the outcome. However it does seem a very blatant way for them to do it and I don't understand why they wouldn't want Paul to take Jade on the holiday - unless they thought they would benefit from her staying in the country because of the press coverage relating to her and Tommy - it does seem a bit extreme though.

They are also discussing this on Digital Spy HERE
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2003, 01:02 PM #24

They would have regarded it as some kind or reward for doing what they both did, they thought the public would see it like that anyway, because they didnt stop it at the time, which I believe they could have done, they had to do something about it another way.
Old 20-10-2003, 09:42 AM #25

It would have been interesting to see who Paul, Caroline and Tracy would have voted for if they had had complete choice then.

I was suprised at the time that Tommy didn't get any votes. I thought Tracy and possibly Caroline would have voted for him (as Caroline couldn't vote for James).

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
matron, screens