Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-10-2007, 07:40 PM #1

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:

Default abortion

I am against abortion,i would say 100% but the only way id consider abortion is if i knew 100% that my baby would die virtually immediatley after it was born if possibly if i was told it would have a terrible terminal illness.I cant think of an example right now but I do know that say if my baby were to have downs syndrome I would not consider abortion.What are your views.
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 07:42 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

My views are that every situation is different, and I dont see why anyone should judge someone byh aving an abortion, unless they know the ins and out of teh situation
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 07:43 PM #3

Favourites:
BB12: Alex
X Factor 2011: Janet

Favourites:
BB12: Alex
X Factor 2011: Janet

I'm for it, what about if a women get's raped? Ok it ent the baby's fault.

Or a teenage girl? I am defo for it.
XxShortyxX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 07:45 PM #4

Favourites:

Favourites:

i dont judge people i just think its wrong,always have always will.I can understand why some women who have been raped and as a rsult become pregnant choose abortion but even then i am still totally against it.I dont know if id raise the baby myself,id consider adoption
Old 14-10-2007, 07:47 PM #5

Most situations involving abortion involve the mother not wanting the baby for some reason or another...
Or occasionally the father pressuring her into it.

If this is the case, no matter what the reason, she should have took more responsibility not to get pregnant in the first place and not seek abortion as an easy way to correct her immature and thoughtless actions.

However, if the baby was to be terminally ill, I could accept that, as well as if she was raped.

If the baby was a complete accident even though the parents took full precautions [which rarely happens.] then id personally prefer them to have the baby and if it's unwanted, at least give it a chance with adoption to have a happy life. But if they chose to get rid of something that was inflicted upon them due to pure accidental reasons out of their control, then I guess they have every right to do so.
Retroman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 07:47 PM #6

i think it wrong to and im agaibst it but in all honesty if i was a teenage girl who got rapped and ended up pregnant i wouldnt even consider keeping the baby!
KKBL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 07:54 PM #7

I'm against it if it's a case where someone has casual sex, gets pregnant, and just decides that they don't want the baby just because it's inconvenient to them. If having a baby to look after is inconvenient for them, they could give birth anyway and someone else who can't have children, but really wants a child, can have it.

If the couple used methods of contraception that didn't work but the mother became pregnant anyway, but didn't want a child, then I still think she could at least give birth to the child and let someone else who would like a child to look after it.

But if it's a situation where having the baby is a danger to the mother's life/health or if it turns out that the baby may die after birth, I'm not against it. I'm also not against it if a woman was raped and ended up pregnant, it's a sad situation, as it would also be unfair to the child, and they would be an innocent victim, like the mother.

I'm sure there are lots and lots of scenarios where the issue of having abortion would arise, and I probably have different opinions in each situation, as Billy said.
Wasted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 08:01 PM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

If i were to get pregnant now with my boyfriend (as im not sleeping with anyone else lol) i would be absolutly devastated,distraught,petrified.I would be angry at myself and feel like id thrown everything i care about right now away,my freedom,my teenage years when i should be having fun and not worry about stuff like money and having no responsibilities in general.Id also have thrown my education and the career i want away as there would be no way i could afford university and i wouldnt be able to finsih college either.
But....
there is absolutly no way I would get rid of the baby and a tiny tiny part of me would be excited and overjoyed.
Old 14-10-2007, 09:11 PM #9

I fink abortion is only ok with certain circumstances like rape.

I dont think ppl should be allowed to have an abortion just cos they dont want the baby because then they never learn from the situation. i know somone who got pregnant and got it aborted just cos she didnt want it.

A couple of nights later she went out and got pregnant again but by the time she found out it was to late to have it aborted.
Sod_James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 09:26 PM #10

Favourites:

Favourites:

thats just sick.You know some people can never have children or go through mis carrige after miscarrige and never have a baby of their own or some people have to experience loosing their own child and yet there are people like that in the world.
I just think thats really wrong.sorry.
Old 14-10-2007, 09:27 PM #11

i totally agree with this its awful but recently my niece Kimberely had to have an abortion because she had a very bad siss in here tummy and it was meant that either her or the new baby would die when the baby was born but my brother is normally very against it he wasnt pleased at first but now hes come to terms with it but thats how it had to go but shes fine now gladly asd she does have a little boy Aramarni whos lovely
Ann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 09:32 PM #12

Favourites:

Favourites:

aww im deeply sorry to hear that ann,thats terrible.I cant imagine how having to go through something like that must feel.Glad to hear she has a lovely little boy though,i wish your niece well
Old 14-10-2007, 09:35 PM #13

thank you supernoodles i will tell her that when i see her
Ann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 10:29 PM #14

Adoption is no answer...most children who are eligible for adoption will never be adopted. There are thousands of children hoping to be adopted RIGHT NOW, who have no chance of ever being. That's just an easy answer.

I don't agree with abortion as a method of contraception - but I REALLY don't agree with forcing someone to bring an unwanted baby into the world. If people were forced to see their pregnancy through, the chances are you would either be sentencing that child to a lifetime of resentment by their parent(s) or a lifetime stuck in our already stretched to the limits care system.

And it amazes me when people say abortion is okay only if the mother is raped. The general argument against abortion is that you are killing an innocent life (that's not what I personally think, but that seems to be what anti-abortionists think). A rapist's baby is innocent, is it not? But it's okay to kill it because it is a child of rape? What about if the woman chose to have the baby and then hated it, because it was a constant reminder of the rape? What about if she killed that child because the father had raped her? By all your arguments - that's okay.

There's just no logic to it.

I'm fully pro-choice. Abortion is never going to be outlawed (face it), and thank goodness. If it was, we would return to the days of back street abortions (surely you're not naive enough to think that people would not try and abort their babies just because it was illegal)? which would put both the mother and child's life at risk.

And Sod_James - in reference to the girl you wrote about: how can you say that such a person should not be allowed to have an abortion? She is clearly unable to take any sort of responsibility for herself, so the chances of her being able to look after a helpless child are zilch. Do you think we should make irresponsible people have babies? Do you think that's a good idea to entrust the life of a baby to someone so careless? And don't give me the adoption answer - I've already said that that is no solution.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 10:30 PM #15

I'm sorry about your niece Ann. That's a terrible thing for her to go through, and I hope she is feeling much better now. That's a whole different issue though.
Old 14-10-2007, 10:36 PM #16
Banned

Banned

I say a definite YES to abortion. If a woman gets pregnant and decides for whatever reason that she does not wish to have that child, then destroy it by abortion. It sounds cruel and heartless I know, but for some women it is worse just keeping it. Every person and every situation will be different for each individual who finds themselves having to make this hard decision. But for many, it is the right and only decision.

So then you have to imagine a life without abortion being allowed for many women, that thought is hardly worth thinking about many women just can't cope with having a child and destroying it at that early stage is much easier all round. With no abortion being available, there would be tons of unwanted children out there and nobody really wants that, do they?

That can be crueller.
I/want/To/Marry/Chanelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 01:25 PM #17

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth

And Sod_James - in reference to the girl you wrote about: how can you say that such a person should not be allowed to have an abortion? She is clearly unable to take any sort of responsibility for herself, so the chances of her being able to look after a helpless child are zilch. Do you think we should make irresponsible people have babies? Do you think that's a good idea to entrust the life of a baby to someone so careless? And don't give me the adoption answer - I've already said that that is no solution.
O yeh so just kill the baby - thats fair aint it. Just because the girl is too selfish and careless. There are plenty of couples out there who would give their right arm for a child. I would rather see the child adopted rather than terminated.
Old 15-10-2007, 02:34 PM #18

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

I'm for it also. There are far too many unwanted kids in the world as it is without bringing any more. I think that under all circumstances it should happen, even if someone falls pregnant after sex, doesn't like the idea and wants rid then they should have the option of abortion.

I think people who say ''it shouldn't be allowed, blah blah blah'' are selfish as firstly, it's not fair on the mother, she shouldn't be ''stuck'' because that's how she'd feel, she shouldn't be stuck with a baby she doesn't want and secondly, the baby shouldn't be brought up by someone who doesn't want them ... what a great childhood they'd have eh?

Yeah it's irresponsible that they fell pregnant and all the rest of it but even so, nobody should be FORCED to keep a baby they don't want. And you can't even say ''put them up for adoption'' because as it's been said previously, there are enough kids waiting to be adopted and not enough families for them all so that's by no means a solution.

If I was to get a girl pregnant now then I would be absolutely devastated and if she brought up an abortion then honestly I'd be so relieved and this is the case with a lot of people so why should children have to suffer just because some people think that abortions are not ''morally right''? If abortions were illegal then there would be SO many more unwanted, unhappy and miserable kids in the world so for that reason as well as others, I am 110% for abortion under all circumstances.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 02:59 PM #19

I'm pro choice. Adoption is not the answer. There are already far to many kids in the system as it is.
Mental-Minnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 03:53 PM #20

People who suggest adoption as the answer clearly have no idea about the figures for babies in care and prospective adoptive parents. A good idea would be to learn about such things before you bring that up as a potential solution.

Sod_James - you think it's okay to bring a child into the world with parents who are clearly incapable of looking after it, and who could well end up resenting it? You think it's okay to sentence a child to a life of misery because it eases your conscience?
Old 15-10-2007, 03:58 PM #21

Just tried to edit my response, but this computer won't let me - so I'll post again here. What about my comments about people thinking abortion is okay if the woman is raped? How can people say they are against abortion unless she is raped? As I said before, by that token, you are saying it's okay to kill a baby once it's born if it was the product of rape. You can't have it both ways - either you are completely for or completely against abortion. No exceptions. Of course, that's just my opinion. But nobody has ever provided a reasonable explanation for why they think abortion should be outlawed except in the case of rape.
Old 15-10-2007, 06:02 PM #22

Its right in the correct circumstances
Emilee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 09:08 PM #23

Favourites:

Favourites:

Ruth you`ve got a valid point,but its just my personal opinion.Im agaisnt abortion,im not against other people doing it (although i still think its wrong).I cant put myself in someone elses situation and feel how it would feel for them,i can understand that sometimes and i mean very occasionaly its the right thing to do I just no that I`ll never have an abortion myself unless of course the child is terminaly ill inwhich case i may consider it as i think in certain circumstances it more cruel to let the child live.
Its just the mums to be who go around having abortions for pathetic reasons such as 'there to young' , they 'cant afford it' , 'they`ll have no career' , 'there a single mum'.Im sorry i dont give a stuff,you were so careless and got pregnant,bloody grow up and deal with it instead of killing your own baby becuase of your own selfishness,laziness and damn right carelessness
Old 15-10-2007, 09:20 PM #24

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
People who suggest adoption as the answer clearly have no idea about the figures for babies in care and prospective adoptive parents. A good idea would be to learn about such things before you bring that up as a potential solution.

Sod_James - you think it's okay to bring a child into the world with parents who are clearly incapable of looking after it, and who could well end up resenting it? You think it's okay to sentence a child to a life of misery because it eases your conscience?
No im simply saying that i believe that a child should at least be given a chance of life. A life is a life no matter what type of life it is and i personally believe that no one should have the right to deny life.

Thats like saying disabled people should be put down early in life because their quality or length of life would not be that of a normal average person.

A child should at least be given a shot at life before ppl simply say, oh that child wont be loved so lets kill it. there are allways more than one way around things.
Old 16-10-2007, 06:14 AM #25

The thing is supernoodles and Sod_James - your posts almost seem to be saying that if a woman gets pregnant because she was irresponsible, she should keep the baby almost as a kind of punishment to her. I just can't agree with that.

And James (and please don't think I am having a go at you, because I'm not) to say a life is a life no matter what, is incredibly short sighted. You're saying it's okay to give a child life when you know even before that child is born that you won't be able to give it a happy life? That you won't be able to look after it properly? That you are not financially or emotionally capable of looking after it?

Or you could go down the adoption route of course, and give the child the prospect of years stuck in our care system. Because the chances of it being adopted are extremely slight. No doubt you will think it is better to give the child a chance at being adopted. But you will be giving a better chance of spending a life in care with no hope of ever being adopted.

If all the babies that had been aborted in the last, say, 10 years had not been aborted, our country would not even be able to cope with the high population - we are stretched to the limit as it is.

You said that abortion is okay if the mother is raped. What do you think about the point I made about that? I've raised it twice, but so far, nobody has made any kind of response.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abortion