Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-10-2007, 04:38 PM #1

Default half the battle won

do you think half the battle is won in life if your attractive?
Polka.dot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 04:41 PM #2

Half the battle is only won if you are healthy and remain so....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 04:54 PM #3

How you respond to looks depends upon what type of person you are – whether you feel personality is more important, or if for example you’re religious, therefore think that looks play no part in the person that you or other people are. Despite this, a lot of the time the way other people see you is tainted by how you look and how you present yourself.

When it comes to getting a job, it depends upon the profession you wish to enter also to an extent – if for example you want to enter a glamour-oriented industry, then of course your looks are of great importance. Also, in the world today with the help of cosmetic surgery, looking after yourself etc. it is possible to be classed as ‘good-looking’ for a good many years. However, in some other professions your skills are of the most value, but perhaps when moving from job to job within your field it may be advantageous if you are attractive as well as smart, so you could say half the battle is won although there are more important things.

In personal life however when it comes to relationships, it can actually be really difficult to be attractive, and I can only talk from a girl’s viewpoint. Certain guys may perceive you as simply attractive and may not consider having a deeper relationship. Or, in turn, you yourself may be extremely picky as you feel no one really ‘suits’ you. But looks do fade, and nothing – neither in the workplace nor in personal situations – should revolve purely around looks. It’s probably wishful thinking on my part to say that though. Furthermore, different people have different interpretations on what they’d class as good-looking, so people should bear that in mind.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 05:01 PM #4
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : bigbro323
do you think half the battle is won in life if your attractive?
I'm not going to say that I'm the most attractive man in the world but people look more at someone who's attractive. Maybe not all the girls see that but most of them love going out with someone attractive. And more, if you are healthy if you practive sport a lot and if you are popular.
So far, being an attractive man opened me so many doors in my professional life so I won't complain about it. Personally, it helped me a lot.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
battle, half, won