Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 09-11-2007, 09:25 PM #26

Have you watched or heard of what happens in Big Brother USA before? It isn't the same as the rest of the world just to make sure that you know that.
dtd2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 PM #27

Quote:
Originally posted by dtd2
Have you watched or heard of what happens in Big Brother USA before? It isn't the same as the rest of the world just to make sure that you know that.
Do you not ever miss the European/Australian format. I think thats what makes BB so great!
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 PM #28
Nah

Nah

I am so happy BB is on in february cause you know, there will be Lost, America's Next Top Model and in march, BB Australia so it makes me happier !
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:28 PM #29

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth*Star
Omg 2 bb's in one year... thats so awesome.
Sure we usually have 2 BBs a year.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:11 PM #30

I never really know what would be better. In my opinion, the viewers can only get more involved in the American after last years big brother, with America's Player. In 2000, when it premiered it was on 6 times a week. Nothing in America at that time aired more then once a week, other then dateline(a news magazine). Also there was no reality show with the public evicting people. It was something unheard of. Now still airing three times a week that is more then any other show. However I really like the format, but I think that they could mix the formats.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 PM #31

Quote:
Originally posted by dtd2
I never really know what would be better. In my opinion, the viewers can only get more involved in the American after last years big brother, with America's Player. In 2000, when it premiered it was on 6 times a week. Nothing in America at that time aired more then once a week, other then dateline(a news magazine). Also there was no reality show with the public evicting people. It was something unheard of. Now still airing three times a week that is more then any other show. However I really like the format, but I think that they could mix the formats.
The BBUS format would be amazing if it had live evictions with phone - in's. OMG. That would be amazing!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 AM #32

I think that possibly they should attempt it, but it would require airing it like every day.
Thursday: Live Eviction and HOH
Friday: Live Nominations (Hoh only noms 1 person and the rest of the house votes in the diary room)
Saturday: daily show
Sunday: in the afternoon special veto show, at night daily show
Monday: daily show
Tuesday: Live Veto Ceremony, phone lines open afterwards. In the event veto is used if more then 2 are already nominated then just the one saved comes off. The HOH chooses the replacement if only one is left.
Wednesday: Daily show
Old 10-11-2007, 06:43 AM #33
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : dtd2
I think that possibly they should attempt it, but it would require airing it like every day.
Thursday: Live Eviction and HOH
Friday: Live Nominations (Hoh only noms 1 person and the rest of the house votes in the diary room)
Saturday: daily show
Sunday: in the afternoon special veto show, at night daily show
Monday: daily show
Tuesday: Live Veto Ceremony, phone lines open afterwards. In the event veto is used if more then 2 are already nominated then just the one saved comes off. The HOH chooses the replacement if only one is left.
Wednesday: Daily show
I love that format, new and creative ! BBUS needs that !
Old 11-11-2007, 01:19 AM #34
All day baby, all day!

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Matt
All day baby, all day!

Favourites:

If it ends up being a CBB, they should totally put on Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, or Bob Saget!
T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:23 AM #35
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : T
If it ends up being a CBB, they should totally put on Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, or Bob Saget!
Who ?

I think that it's the only CBB in the world where we can have some A-listers ! Some big celebrities, known around the world. Please not Z-listers, please !
Old 11-11-2007, 01:42 PM #36

Bob Saget played Danny on Full House (Probably the best comedy ever, but it aired on ABC), is the current host of 1VS100(on NBC), and is a comedian. Bill O'Reily is the host of O'Reily Factor on Fox News. It is the most watched program on a cable news channel. Personally I can't stand him, but many Republican Conservatives adore him. Glenn Beck is also a conservative and is the host the 3rd most listened to news radio program. He also hosts a talk show on CNN Headline News. Both have created numerous controversy for statements they have made.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 PM #37
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella

Quote:
Originally posted by Conor
Quote:
We have one normal bb then a celeb one, i shoulda reworded that post.
I meant its exciting to have two bbusas in one year since its awesome and more enjoyable.
Ruth*Star is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:16 PM #38

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Conor
Quote:
We have one normal bb then a celeb one, i shoulda reworded that post.
I meant its exciting to have two bbusas in one year since its awesome and more enjoyable.
I think that would work. It would be good to watch. Ive only started getting into BBUS.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:06 PM #39
All day baby, all day!

Favourites:
All day baby, all day!

Favourites:

A-listers... haha, we'll be lucky if we get Gary Coleman...
T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:10 PM #40

I think that CBS could get A-listers due to the fact that the actors won't have a job and will need money. I don't think that it will be celeb, since they are having casting calls.
Old 14-11-2007, 12:29 AM #41

CBS has updated the deadline for the application.

"At this point there is no absolute application deadline. However, Producers reserve the right to stop accepting applications without notice so Producers highly encourage applicants to submit applications as soon as possible. Semi-finalist interviews will be determined by Producers at their sole discretion."

Before the deadline was in April. So this now makes it even more likely for a winter/spring launch. NBC has announced plans to air Clash of the Choirs to have 5 famous singers lead a choir and the best choir will win from the American vote. The prize is a type of charity prize. That will air every day from the 17th to 22nd with Monday and Wednesday will have two hour long editions. This will go directly against Duel on ABC. Based on the French game show this will that Monday through Friday and then also on the following Sunday. Duel mixes traditional quiz with gambling. Duel seems much more interesting.

Reality tv grapevine have also interviewed Robyn Kass. Head casting director for Big Brother, the Bachelor, and also High School Reunion.

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php...html#msg100850
Old 14-11-2007, 05:03 AM #42
Nah

Nah

Then we don't know when the applications will be frozen ! Can't wait for some rumours too !
Old 15-11-2007, 09:14 PM #43

CBS CONFIRMS BIG BROTHER WILL RETURN IN 2008!!!!

CBS ANNOUNCES NATIONWIDE CASTING CALL FOR "BIG BROTHER 9" BEGINNING SATURDAY, NOV. 17

THE NINTH INSTALLMENT, HOSTED BY JULIE CHEN, TO BE BROADCAST IN 2008 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Emmy Award Winner Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan Return as Executive Producers

CBS has announced that nationwide casting for BIG BROTHER 9 will take place at locations around the country between Saturday, Nov. 17 and Saturday, Dec. 8 (see below for locations). In addition, applications are now being accepted online at CBS.com for the ninth installment of the reality series which will be broadcast in 2008 on dates to be announced. Julie Chen will return as host for Big Brother 9 and the series will once again be executive produced by Emmy Award winner Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, in association with Endemol U.S.A.

BIG BROTHER 9 will follow a group of strangers living together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day, seven days a week. One by one, the houseguests will vote each other out of the house until at the end of three months, the last remaining houseguest will win the grand prize.

BIG BROTHER 9 CASTING CALL - Dates/Cities/Locations and Local Times:

Nov. 17 Los Angeles - Exclusive Casting Studios, 7700 Sunset Blvd., (12 Noon-3 PM)

Nov. 17 Columbia, S.C. - WLTX-TV, 6027 Garners Ferry Road, (10 AM-2 PM)

Nov. 18 New York - NY Castings, 243 West 30th Street, 3rd. Floor, (12 Noon-8 PM)

Nov. 23 Houston - Meridien, 1503 Chartres St., (7PM-10PM)

Dec. 1 Houston - Moes Grill & Bar, 5000 Katy Mills Circle, (2PM-5PM)

Dec. 1 Schaumburg, IL- Woodfield Mall, "Cool Waves" Nordstrom lower level, (12PM-3PM)

Dec. 1 Atlanta -America's Mart, 240 Peachtree Street 1st Fl. Rm. A, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 Brooklyn, NY - Duff's Brooklyn, N. 3rd Street & Kent Avenue, (7 PM-10 PM)

Dec. 1 Charlotte, N.C. - Cans, 500 West 5th Street, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 Chicago - Ontourage, 157 W. Ontario Street, (10 PM-12:00 AM)

Dec. 1 Hillsboro, Ore. - The Streets of Tanasbourne, 19350 NW Emma Way, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 Kansas City, MO -Screenlands Crossroads Theater, 1656 Washington St., (1 PM-4 PM)

Dec. 7 Columbus, Ohio - Spice Bar, 491 N. Park Street, (10 PM-12:00 AM)

Dec. 7 Scottsdale, Ariz. - Suede Lounge, 7333 E. Indian Plaza, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 8 Boston - Felt, 533 Washington Street 3rd & 4th Floor, (12:00 Noon -3 PM)

Dec. 8 Broomfield, Colo. - FlatIron Crossing, 1 West FlatIron Crossing Drive In the Dillard's Court, (10 AM-1 PM)

Dec. 8 Columbus, Ohio - Park Street Patio, 533 Park Street, (2 PM - 5 PM)

Dec. 8 Tampa, Fla. - The Dubliner Irish Pub, 2307 W. Azeele Street, (12 PM- 3PM)

The BIG BROTHER 9 application and instructions can be found exclusively on the CBS website, http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrot...lication.shtml.

From: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20071115cbs01
Old 15-11-2007, 09:23 PM #44
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

So nothing about beginning in February has been confirmed?
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 05:42 AM #45
Nah

Nah

Well I did hope something about fabruary would have been revealed !
Old 16-11-2007, 11:45 PM #46

They still don't know when the strike will end so they can't set a date until it gets closer, but here is an article in the New York Daily News.

he writers' strike has CBS ramping up for a new season of "Big Brother."

Indeed, the network will be casting for new players here Sunday in anticipation of getting a winter edition of the summer show rolling early next year, should the strike continue.

"We have been told by CBS to get ready for anything, so there's nothing that is certain at this point," "Big Brother" executive producer Allison Grodner told the Daily News yesterday. "It is a wait-and-see. We are preparing for anything."

New York auditions are taking place Sunday at 243 W. 30th St., third floor, from noon to 8 p.m., and on Dec. 1 at Duff's Brooklyn, at N. Third St. and Kent Ave., from 7 to 10 p.m.

"Big Brother" has always been a summer staple, but the opportunity for a prime midseason premiere means producers will be pulling out all the stops.

"We really want it to stand out," said Grodner. "We want it to be special, because we've never done something like this before. I promise you it will be different from any other 'Big Brother' you've ever seen."

So don't expect another "America's Player," the stunt incorporated last summer that gave viewers a say in the outcome.

"That's really hard to do twice," Grodner said. "Anyone coming to be a part of 'Big Brother' this year would know about it and we'd hate to have people act differently because they think that the viewers are in control. ... That doesn't mean that it couldn't return in some other way, but doing exactly what we did again, no."

Longtime "Big Brother" host Julie Chen will also be returning to the program, regardless of whether it comes back midseason or next summer.

From: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ew_conten.html
Old 17-11-2007, 02:47 PM #47

Some bad news for big brother, Writers have agreed to return to the negotiation table on the 26th, four days after Thanksgiving. Perhaps all of them will be in the holiday mood.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071117/...ywood_labor_19
Old 17-11-2007, 03:38 PM #48

CBS has launched a casting ad, I don't actually remember if there have ever been any, I just remember one for bb8 which is very similar to this one. One interesting thing is that they don't have a number in the house, like they usually do.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=6ykp2x5&s=1
Old 18-11-2007, 06:23 PM #49

Here is a brief report on the casting call in South Carolina yesterday. I think that big brother would miss a golden oppurtunity to cast the former Miss Gay American.

People from all over came to the News19 studio Saturday morning to show off their personalities and audition for the reality CBS t.v. show, "Big Brother."

The line began forming outside before 8:30 a.m. The first person in line was Victoria Pratt, of Columbia. Pratt said it's been her dream to be on "Big Brother" since the very first season. Pratt says, "I'm gonna be on 'Big Brother.' I'm gonna walk in that house and shake it up."

People from a wide variety of backgrounds auditioned for the 9th season of the show. Some of the people were teachers, college students, funeral directions and even a former Miss Gay American.

Old 18-11-2007, 07:32 PM #50

I think that the next season must be "Big Brother 8". I don't understand why a All-Stars season has been counted as another season with anonymous housemates.

BB, BB: All-Stars, BB Teen and Celebrity are different formats from Big Brother.
spanish20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother 9, early, february, launch, usa