Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2002 - 2014 Discuss the previous series of I'm a Celeb in this sub-forum.

Old 21-11-2007, 11:33 PM #1

Default Girlfriend\'s relief as flirty Marc is booted out of the jungle

Quote:
Girlfriend's relief as flirty Marc is booted out of the jungle
Marc Bannerman was the first contestant to be booted out of the jungle on Wednesday, only to find his relationship with girlfriend Sarah Matravers in tatters.

Hours before Marc was voted out of I'm A Celebrity, devastated girlfriend Sarah announced she was flying home from Australia after just 48 hours Down Under after watching his on-screen antics with Cerys Matthews.

Presenters Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly entered the jungle to announce Marc's departure.

After finding out Marc was leaving, ex-Changing Rooms designer Anna Ryder Richardson started crying.

Marc's jungle pal Cerys said: "I feel really bad."

During his post-eviction interview with Ant and Dec, Marc's happy demenour quickly turned sour when he watched footage of his flirty behaviour with Cerys.

Marc said he'd had a "really good time" in the jungle, but was clearly worried about his relationship with Sarah.

Marc said: "I'm in trouble along the line aren't I..?

"Nothing's going on [with Cerys], we got on fantastically. We bonded quickly. She's a fantastic girl.

"It's a difficult thing [being in the jungle]. It's a strange scenario."

Marc struggled to explain his relationship with Cerys, saying: "It's difficult not to have a little bit of... you know."

When Dec suggested he had a deep connection with Cerys, Marc agreed: "Very deep... I didn't expect it to happen at all.

"It's not panned out right for me. I'm really surprised and shocked.

"I'm shocked that I could have an intense relationship with Cerys... It's hard not to crave a little bit of love.

"I was struggling with my emotions... I still am... S***!

"I'm terrified. I'm gonna have to apologise. I've embarrassed her [Sarah] and I've embarrassed myself."

Marc's eviction went from bad to worse when he asked where Sarah was: "She's here isn't she?"

Dec replied: "She was here... she's gone home."

A stunned Marc said: "I'd like to go back to London, right now."

Last week, Sarah had dismissed the pair's burgeoning relationship as anything more than friends and declared the ex-EastEnder was a "very tactile" person.

However, as the actor, 34, grew closer to the former Catatonia frontwoman, 38, Sarah admitted she could not watch her man "disrespect" her any longer and decided to return to the UK.

Welsh divorcee Cerys entered the reality TV show looking for love after her divorce from country music producer Seth Riddle.

Meanwhile, Marc arrived in Australia declaring he was in love with Sarah, who he met in 2005 on the set of Footballers Wives: Extra Time.

He said: "I'm not looking for love. I'm loved-up with my girlfriend Sarah."

When Sarah, 32, arrived at Brisbane airport earlier this week, she admitted she was unhappy with Marc's flirty behaviour with Cerys.

Sarah has been watching the pair sharing a bed and cuddling and is finding it "too hard" in Australia, so has decided to return home.

Speaking on Wednesday's episode of the ITV show, an emotional Sarah lamented: "It was pretty hard in London, but it's harder here. It's been extremely painful to watch the man I love disrespecting me and our two and a half year relationship in front of the nation for someone he's known for a week.

"It was planned from the start that I was going to come out and I was really looking forward to it. I was feeling positive when I got on the plane, but a lot more happened when I was up in the air. But getting here and being here is a lot harder than I imagined.

"It's torturous really. I've had enough. It's really hurtful and painful to watch."

"I'd love to be able to forgive him but I'm so confused at the moment. I'm shell-shocked to be honest, so I need to get home.

"I have got so much to say to him, but really that has to happen behind closed doors."

And it seems Sarah isn't the only one feeling bad over the surprising love triangle.

In a heart-to-heart with the jungle's new agony aunt Anna before Marc's eviction, Cerys threatened to quit the show because it would be "easier" for everyone.

The designer had a girlie chat with Cerys, shortly after giving advice to Marc.

Marc was wracked with guilt after his late-night chat with Cerys, when the Welsh songstress alluded to her heart hurting.

Cerys pointed to her heart, saying: "My chest hurts."

After an unsuspecting Marc asked Cerys if she'd hurt herself, she pointed to his heart, explaining: "There, what's there?"

Marc suddenly realised what Cerys was trying to say, and said: "Oh. I've got to be so careful... I don't want to hurt anyone.

"If I hurt anybody it would be awful. It's not me, do you know what I mean? It would be the worst thing I could do."

A guilty Marc later confessed to Anna he knew he was in deep trouble with girlfriend Sarah.

He admitted: "I'm in ********** deep do-do.

"I don't want to be an a***hole. I'm not that kind of man and I'm being an a***hole."

Anna advised him: "This isn't real. I know maybe that is but this whole situation isn't at all real... It happens when you least expect it."

Referring to Sarah, Marc said: "I don't want to hurt her."

Anna admitted: "Might be a bit late, and she must feel helpless so you're trying to... a bit.

"I think she [Cerys] has fallen for you. I think you may have to play this really careful. You need to get out, speak to Sarah, speak to Cerys."

Marc agreed: "I'm going to say that to Cerys."

Anna urged Marc to wait: "You can't rewind. You're going to have to face it. Just be a little bit careful... Just hold back."

After advising Marc, agony aunt Anna lent an understanding ear to confused Cerys.

After Anna told Cerys how bad Marc was feeling, the singer said: "We haven't talked about it."

Anna interjected: "You absolutely can't... [He] doesn't want to be bad to anyone."

Worried Cerys suggested: "It would be best if I left tomorrow. It would be best and easier if I left tomorrow."

Anna urged Cerys to stay on the show: "It wouldn't be because it's not going to go away."
Source: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 11:36 PM #2

Shes gone back to london already
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 10:10 AM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by jackie46
Shes gone back to london already
Oh yes and it looks like Marc will be following her as soon as he gets a flight. According to one paper she was shown some DVD's and then decided to leave.

Daily Mirror article about Marc's Girlfriend
Old 22-11-2007, 11:14 AM #4

Favourites:
Strictly 2009: Chris & Ola
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

Favourites:
Strictly 2009: Chris & Ola
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

Im so bored of this lot already It all seems so planned.
Sophii3x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 11:25 AM #5

Default Marc Bannerman faces harsh reality after eviction from I\'m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here

The story made the grown up newspapers too.........

Quote:
Marc Bannerman faces harsh reality after eviction from I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here
Former EastEnders actor Marc Bannerman is facing a difficult return to reality after becoming the first person to be evicted from I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here.

Bannerman flirted with fellow contestant Cerys Matthews during his stint on the ITV1 show but will now have to face his long-term girlfriend.

Actress Sarah Matravers was so concerned about her partner’s relationship with Catatonia singer Matthews that she flew to Australia, where the reality show is being filmed. Once there, however, she became so distressed at his flirting that she returned to the UK.

Last night presenters Ant and Dec delivered the results of the first public vote and told the contestants it was between former Apprentice star Katie Hopkins and Bannerman.

The group was shocked when they announced the EastEnders actor was the one getting the chop from the series, and he promptly grabbed Matthews and hugged her.

Other celebrities could be heard saying: "I thought he was going to win" as Bannerman whispered "don't worry" in Matthews's ear.

In an interview immediately after he left the camp, the actor guessed he was in "big trouble" and that he would need to apologise to his girlfriend, who he admitted he had embarrassed.

Bannerman, 34, said he had missed his family, friends and Matravers while he was in the jungle and stressed that nothing had happened with Matthews while he was on the show.

He said: "Nothing is going on, we just got on fantastically, we had a nice time together and we bonded really quickly, I think she is a fantastic girl."

He then asked Ant and Dec: "I'm in big trouble aren't I, what's happening?" before they showed him a clip of him and Matthews together in the camp.

Bannerman tried, but struggled, to explain what had happened between them.

He said: "It's a really difficult thing. It's a really strange scenario. If you meet someone that you really get on well with and gel with, it's really difficult not to have just a bit, a little bit, a kind of, you know it's just difficult not to have a little bit, you know..."

The actor admitted that he had connected with Matthews on a "very deep" level, which was something he had not expected.

All he had wanted from the show was to see if he could live with people "24/7", he said, adding "obviously it's not panned out right for me".

"I was surprised, I was shocked that I could have an intense relationship like that with Cerys and I really tried not to let it affect me but it's difficult when you're with someone all that time.

"Nothing happened between us at all but it's really difficult not to crave a little bit of love."

Bannerman admitted that he had struggled with his emotions in the camp and said he still was, before swearing.

Asked how he felt now, he added: "I'm terrified, I am going to have to apologise. I think I have embarrassed her and I've embarrassed myself and I'm going to have to live with that now."

When he was told his girlfriend had been in Australia but had now returned to the UK, he said he wanted to get back to London immediately so that they could talk face to face.

Matravers had earlier told producers that she could not watch the "man I love disrespecting me" and that she was returning to the UK after just 48 hours in Australia.

Her decision to fly back came after Matthews confessed to Bannerman that she had fallen for him.
Source: The Times
Old 22-11-2007, 12:23 PM #6
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I cringed when he was being interviewed. It suddenly dawned on him that his girlfriend wasn't happy. Poor bloke.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 12:48 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
I cringed when he was being interviewed. It suddenly dawned on him that his girlfriend wasn't happy. Poor bloke.
It was written all over his face as he watched his best bits. He knew how it would look to his girlfriend and he knew he was in big big trouble.

Do you think he will be on tonight's show on ITV2?
Old 22-11-2007, 12:53 PM #8
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Doubt it.

It was particularly painful when he asked to go straight back to London.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 01:30 PM #9

He knew as soon as he come out he was in trouble!!
xkatex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
booted, flirty, girlfriend's, jungle, marc, relief