Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 17-12-2007, 09:24 AM #1

Default Sex ban over... bring on girls

Quote:
Sex ban over... bring on girls
X FACTOR champ Leon Jackson last night lifted his self-imposed sex ban – and declared: “I’m ready for action.”

The Scottish warbler, 18, shunned nookie for 12 WEEKS to stay focused on performing in the ITV1 talent show.

But after his shock victory over Rhydian on Saturday night, Leon wants to be a Number One hit with the ladies.

He said: “I didn’t want any distractions – but that’s all changed now. I can’t wait to get stuck into my new life.

“I’m a young lad with no plans to settle down soon – so you know how it goes. I’m no virgin like Rhydian.”

The former shop assistant – who sang a duet with Kylie Minogue during the final – beat favourite Rhydian, 25, by just a few thousand votes to scoop the £1million recording contract.

A massive 12.7million viewers tuned in – the highest audience EVER for the ITV1 show.

And yesterday, sitting in a plush £500-a-night hotel suite, Leon told how his new-found fame is already working its magic.

He said: “It’s been completely insane – I keep having all these woman coming up to me and saying, ‘You’re fit.’ I’m not used to it all but it’s really flattering – it’s a real confidence boost.

“I have no problem chatting to girls – they love it when I tell jokes and do impressions.”

Leon squashed rumours that he dated Hope rival Emily Biggs – who was the first to congratulate him on stage – saying: “I’m really close to Emily but there wasn’t any romance.”

Wealth

But he does have one love in his life – his mum Wendy, 40, and he plans to buy her a HOUSE. The single mum was at the final to cheer him on with gran Jean Wotherspoon, 61, and family friends.

Leon said: “I want to buy my mum a new house because she’s been so amazing to me all my life – bringing me up on her own.

“She’s always provided for me and I always said I wanted to look after her and I will.”

Leon’s record deal with Sony BMG will see him moved to London from his Glasgow home – and he will be showered with treats from luxury firms.

But the modest Scot reckons he won’t let his new-found wealth go to his head. Despite showing off his £2,000 Gucci velvet jacket, he said: “I’m not really a flash person – I’m quite careful with money.

“There’s going to be temptations to go out and spend loads of cash so I’ll have to be careful.

“But I’d love to splash out on a Mini Cooper – I suppose that’s an extravagance.”

Leon has already treated his mum to an iPod so she can download his first single When You Believe – which bookies are convinced will be Christmas Number One. He joked: “I got her the iPod so she could listen to me singing while she’s dusting the house. But obviously when the album comes out she’ll have to go down the shops like everybody else.”

But he admitted his album could take a YEAR to come out – just like previous X Factor winner Leona Lewis. He said: “There’s no rush for an album – Leona took a year out to make her album the best it could be.

“It won’t be something that will be done straight away.”

Insiders suggest his new boss Simon Cowell wants to shut the teenager away for the next eight months to help him brush up on his singing. Leon also revealed his jazz and soul-inspired album will have no cover versions of songs. He said: “My album will be totally original. It won’t be written by me but I hope I’ll get some input.

“I have got ideas in my head and I would like to get in with a writing team.”

Leon is hoping to work with some of his heroes, including Jamie Cullum and Michael Buble – who let him sing at a Wembley concert during X Factor.

He said: “It was such an amazing experience to sing with him.

“It was the best buzz of my life – until I won the X Factor of course. Me and Michael got on really well so if I can do something with him I’ll be made up.”

Leon – who has only ventured as far as France and Spain – is looking forward to travelling the world with his new career. But one place he may not find himself welcome is Wales – the home nation of contest runner-up Rhydian.

Leon said: “I think everyone thought Rhydian was going to win this – even me.

Emotional

“But I felt I really upped my game – my vocals were good and the Kylie duet went well.

“And, let’s face it, I did well considering I woke up that morning and I could hardly speak.

“But I’ve spoken to Rhydian at his hotel this morning – it’s been quite emotional for us all.

“In the end I think I won because people saw me as a more emotional person.

“Rhydian’s a man’s man, whereas I’ve grown up in a feminine household so perhaps more women voted for me.”

And he hopes to stay friends with Rhydian. He said: “We all got very close during the show, so I’m sure we’ll stay in touch.”

That’s if Leon has any time in his new hectic schedule.

Beaming from ear to ear, he explained: “This week is going to be mad.

“You think that winning the X Factor would be the end of a journey – but another is just starting. I can’t wait.”
Source: The Sun
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 03:07 PM #2

Bless him
natjake2504 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 03:10 PM #3
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

LOL He thinks copying Leona will make his album big. There was such huge interest in Leona, which is why she could take the time and still have a hit. No one cares about Leon, he should release fast while there's still interest.
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 03:12 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

I dont think thats true, because he was on Scotland Today (the scottish news programe), saying he isn't looking for a lady or anything atm
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 03:13 PM #5

Favourites:
BB12: Alex
X Factor 2011: Janet

Favourites:
BB12: Alex
X Factor 2011: Janet

He so going to have so many girls after him, the lucky git, I wish I had girls after me lol, all I get is guys all the time lol.
XxShortyxX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ban, bring, girls, sex