Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:49 PM #51
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I'm sure GTA4 will get a Wii and PC release.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:14 PM #52
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Yay thank god the BBFC didnt stop it
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:06 PM #53
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewy
Yay thank god the BBFC didnt stop it
I read about that yesterday. I cant wait for the release.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 AM #54

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

the BBFC i think knew that if they refused to give it a rating there would be up roar this GTA is expected to sell 6million in its 1st week
001steven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:48 PM #55

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:

Quote:
Following the BBFC's decision to award Grand Theft Auto IV an 18 rating, the body has revealed the uncut title will contain a 'multitude' of sexual references.

The game, which is certain to spark debate following the Byron Review, will allow players to pick up prostitutes, as well as portraying masturbation, fellatio and intercourse.

A statement on the British Board of Film Classification's website read: "Sex references also occur during cut scenes, including references to strong sexual behaviour. During gameplay the character can pick up prostitutes.

"What follows is an undetailed portrayal of masturbation, fellatio and intercourse. The character can also visit lap dancing clubs and request a private dance. While the game contains sexualised dancing and the portrayal of sex, there is no sexualised nudity."

The BBFC's ratings page for Grand Theft Auto IV, however, has now been taken down at Rockstar's request after it was revealed it contained spoilers for the forthcoming title.

Grand Theft Auto IV will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 on April 29.
DS
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:02 PM #56

Well at least it sound as though when you pick up a prostitute you won't just be sitting in the car looking forward while it rocks up and down.
Jack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:19 PM #57

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Rockstar Games has announced its eagerly-awaited Grand Theft Auto IV game has been cut ahead of its release in Australia.

The Sydney-based Office of Film and Literature Classification refused to grant the game a MA15+ rating, which is the highest rating in Australia as the country does not carry an adult certificate for consumers of 18 and over, due to its "strong violence, strong coarse language, drug and sexual references".

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Rockstar produced an edited version of the game and the Australian classification board has now awarded the title an MA15+ certificate.

Previous Grand Theft Auto games were also forced to be cut in Australia, including GTA III: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas.
DS
Old 07-04-2008, 03:19 PM #58

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
As Britain prepares for the release of the most eagerly-awaited game of 2008, retailers have lined up a series of pre-order deals to tempt buyers of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV.

Keen to make the most of this year's most lucrative video game release, many retailers are offering extras as they bid for gamers' cash.

For the next two weeks, Zavvi is offering all buyers of the £39.99 Xbox 360 game free Xbox Live Gold membership for three months worth £15. Buyers will also receive a collectible GTA IV-themed pre-order card.

HMV is offering buyers 1,000 Microsoft points and a voucher book featuring £130 worth of savings, while GAME is also promoting the Xbox 360 title, offering 500 Xbox Live points and four GTA gamerpics.

GameStation was offering the same deal as GAME, but the retailer says that due to 'unprecedented demand' for the title it has stopped taking pre-orders. A statement read: "Due to unprecedented demand for the standard editions of Grand Theft Auto IV, we are no longer taking pre-orders for this version. We do have the Limited Edition available for pre-order with delivery on launch day."

E-tailer Amazon is offering the title at £34.99 complete with a price guarantee for anyone who pre-orders with them, stating: "If the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price".

Grand Theft Auto IV is released on April 29 for PS3 and Xbox 360.
DS
Old 07-04-2008, 03:27 PM #59
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

It's going to be great. I was just in Asda when the trailer came on.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:41 PM #60
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Dont expect it to sell the hot **** amount of copys San Andreas sold straight away because theirs still a HUGE amount of people who dont have a next gen console. A fact many people overlook.

God im looking foward to it now. This and Gears Of War 2 are like the only games im interested in this year. That and Metal Gear Solid 4 , but I aint splashing out on a PS3 just to play one game.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:53 PM #61
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus
Dont expect it to sell the hot **** amount of copys San Andreas sold straight away because theirs still a HUGE amount of people who dont have a next gen console. A fact many people overlook.

God Im looking foward to it now. This and Gears Of War 2 are like the only games Im interested in this year. That and Metal Gear Solid 4 , but I aint splashing out on a PS3 just to play one game.
I agree Stu.

I'm going to have to play GTA4 on my mates console. I'm not forking out 300 quid for a toy. Not yet anyway. I want a PS3 not an Xbox 360. The PS3 is a better console with much more of a shelf life.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 PM #62
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

It definately has more shelf life. Right now , however , you're paying for potential as there potentially will be a game worth buying at some stage.

For this game in particular , however , GTA IV will have extra content and arguably a more fluid online mode on the 360. Any way you look at it , the 360's online > the PS3's right now.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:03 PM #63
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It definately has more shelf life. Right now , however , you're paying for potential as there potentially will be a game worth buying at some stage.

For this game in particular , however , GTA IV will have extra content and arguably a more fluid online mode on the 360. Any way you look at it , the 360's online > the PS3's right now.
I'm sure there will be many good games coming out. The PS2 is almost ten years old now and yet many of the very best games for it have come out in the last three or four years. Games like Re4, God of War I and II, Okami etc. are all less than three years old. Give the PS3 time I'm sure it'll deliver. I reckon in a few years time the 360 will have been superceeded by Bill Gates next money making exercise.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:00 PM #64
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Quote:

I'm sure there will be many good games coming out. The PS2 is almost ten years old now and yet many of the very best games for it have come out in the last three or four years. Games like Re4, God of War I and II, Okami etc. are all less than three years old. Give the PS3 time I'm sure it'll deliver. I reckon in a few years time the 360 will have been superceeded by Bill Gates next money making exercise.
Remember 2001 for the playstation 2? After the crap launch titles the console got great. Fast. Same thing cant be said for the PS3.

Also I dont think its fair to assume the Xbox 360 is just a money making exercise. Sony would kill just as much as microsoft OR nintendo for some of your cash. Its just business.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 AM #65
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by MorpheusRemember 2001 for the playstation 2? After the c**p launch titles the console got great. Fast. Same thing cant be said for the PS3.

Also I dont think its fair to assume the Xbox 360 is just a money making exercise. Sony would kill just as much as microsoft OR nintendo for some of your cash. Its just business.
I think the PS2 got great because of the exclusive deals Sony did for the likes of Vice City and MGS. At the time of the PS2 launch there was no real competition.

Microsoft have made a living out of making their own products obsolete. I'll be surprised if the 360 is still around in a few years time.
Old 16-04-2008, 03:18 PM #66

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Rockstar's launch of Grand Theft Auto IV on April 29 is predicted to eclipse first week sales of last year's record-breaking video game Halo 3.

Variety claims that industry analysts and "sources close to Take-Two" believe the forthcoming epic will surpass the $300 million made by Microsoft's highly acclaimed Halo 3 during its first week on sale.

The report also suggests that the title could topple the $404 million made by movie Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End during its first six days at the box office.

Developer Rockstar said it believes Grand Theft Auto IV will sell more than six million copies during its first week on sale.
DS
Old 17-04-2008, 03:58 PM #67

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
A games industry expert has sent a warning to UK businesses as the country prepares for the launch of the biggest video game release of the year.

James Binns, a publishing director from Future, claims the release of Grand Theft Auto IV on April 29 will provoke a "never-before-seen wave of absenteeism".

The magazine chief, describing the phenomenon as GTA IV flu, said he believes thousands of gamers will fake illness to play the game, adding they will join the legion of gamers who have already booked a legitimate day off to enjoy the game.

“Having worked in the games industry for 15 years, I’ve never witnessed anything like the hysteria building around GTA IV," said Binns.

"This game series has become culturally significant and a new chapter is a major global event, as important as a new Harry Potter novel. Gamers want to be the first to experience GTA IV and don’t want anything to spoil their enjoyment. Businesses need to be prepared for the array of excuses and 24-hour ailments that will hit their workforce as GTA flu grips the UK.”
DS
Old 17-04-2008, 04:01 PM #68
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

LOL

We've got a new Portishead album released on the 28th and a new GTA game release the very next day. I dont think I'm going to leave the house for days.
Old 18-04-2008, 04:49 PM #69

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Star of The Office Ricky Gervais is to make a surprise appearance in Rockstar's forthcoming epic video game Grand Theft Auto IV.

The comedian will appear within Liberty City's comedy club, complete with new material specially written by Gervais himself.

Speaking to London magazine Shortlist, Gervais said: "It's a first - which always interests me. It was shot in New York, my favourite place in the world, and I got to wear a tight lycra suit as part of the digital process. No, hold on, that wasn't so good.

"Unfortunately they captured the whole horror, except I look slightly tougher. It's seriously a big deal, though. Games have outsold Hollywood for the past few years so it's nice to be a small part of that."

Gervais also hinted that he appears elsewhere in the game, but refused to reveal exactly when and where.

Grand Theft Auto IV will be released on April 29 for PS3 and Xbox 360.
DS
Old 18-04-2008, 05:10 PM #70
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Quote:
Originally posted by MorpheusRemember 2001 for the playstation 2? After the c**p launch titles the console got great. Fast. Same thing cant be said for the PS3.

I think the PS2 got great because of the exclusive deals Sony did for the likes of Vice City and MGS. At the time of the PS2 launch there was no real competition.

Microsoft have made a living out of making their own products obsolete. I'll be surprised if the 360 is still around in a few years time.
Either way the 360 is the system for GTA : IV in my opinion. Corporations and money aside , the 360 has achievements , a better online community , and exclusive downloadable content in August.

10 page review from OXM

I think I creamed myself. I want this game more than ever!
Old 19-04-2008, 03:31 PM #71

10 days. This better not be a let down. I am so excited I've pre ordered it so I know I can get my hands on it as soon as it comes out. I bought Mario Kart Wii today to make the wait a little more bareable.
Hugo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 12:44 PM #72
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by tooperfect
10 days. This better not be a let down. I am so excited I've pre ordered it so I know I can get my hands on it as soon as it comes out. I bought Mario Kart Wii today to make the wait a little more bareable.
I have not played a game in months. In fact , I believe GTA IV might be the last game I play all year. A lot of the fun is gone for me. Too much emphasis on generic military shooters and fanboyism.
Old 20-04-2008, 05:19 PM #73
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

It's not on PS2?

Bollocks.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 05:21 PM #74
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by tooperfect
I have not played a game in months. In fact , I believe GTA IV might be the last game I play all year. A lot of the fun is gone for me. Too much emphasis on generic military shooters and fanboyism.
I agree about Shooters!

80% of my games are all FPS

CANT WAIT FORGTA IV lol
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 05:28 PM #75
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):