Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Reality TV Reality TV Show Discussion. Including Survivor, America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race and The Only Way is Essex.

Old 23-04-2002, 08:49 AM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Pop Idol Live Concert on TV

ITV1 to screen final Pop Idol live concert

The final date of the recent Pop Idol UK tour is to be shown on TV.

Songs include Will Young and Gareth Gates' number one singles and Darius Danesh singing It's Not Unusual.

It will be screened on ITV1 on Saturday at 5.40pm.

The show took place at London Arena on April 6 in aid of the Prince's Trust.

It finishes with all 10 finalists singing Frank Sinatra's My Way.

Ant and Dec will present the 90-minute show.

The songs to be shown on the ITV broadcast include:
Darius Danesh - It's Not Unusual (Tom Jones), Let There Be Love (Nat King Cole)
Hayley Evetts - Made For Loving You (Anastacia)
Jessica Garlick - Papa Don't Preach (Madonna)
Korben - Freedom (Wham!)
Zoe Birkett - Say A Little Prayer (Dionne Warwick/Aretha Franklin), Get Happy (Judy Garland)
Will Young - Light My Fire (The Doors), Evergreen, Beyond The Sea (Bobby Darin)
Gareth Gates - Unchained Melody (Righteous Brothers), Mack The Knife (Frank Sinatra/Bobby Darin)
Rosie Ribbons - Everything I Do (Bryan Adams)
Aaron Bailey - Walking In Memphis (Cher)
Laura Doherty - Son Of A Preacher Man (Dusty Springfield)
Zoe & Gareth duets - Whenever You Call (Mariah Carey), Look At Me Now (Frank Sinatra & Connie Haines)
All 10 - Frank Sinatra (My Way).

Great! Those of us who weren't fortunate enough to get tickets will be able to see a concert, at least on TV.

It's on this Saturday 27th April - ITV1 - 5.40 p.m. to 7.10 p.m. - don't miss it!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2002, 09:03 AM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):

I will be watching this

Even if i went to the concert it will be a good memto to look back on

BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2002, 09:30 AM #3

:dazzler :

This was the concert that Janette and I went to.

I'm gonna be in Guernsey this weekend visiting Mark so I'm not sure I'm gonna get to watch it - the video will definitely be set though.

:dazzler :
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2002, 06:25 PM #4

Ok, so let's see what they have cut out of the TV programme ....

Rosie Ribbons singing "Cheek to cheek" which wasn't that good.

Zoe Birkett singing "I got you under my skin" which was brilliant!

In fact they seem to have dropped most of the jazz songs apart from Gareth, Will, Zoe and Darius. The biggest shame is that they won't be showing Jessica Garlick singing "Every time we say goodbye" which was brilliant!

Still I will look forward to watching this on Saturday and setting my video as well!
kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2002, 08:25 PM #5

I'll have both videos going for this.
One for me and one for my friend who will be visiting me.
Thank's for letting me know.
jbellemeg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2002, 08:47 PM #6

WOW!! !!!!!!!!!!:co lour:

I saw the concert with my sisters but I cant wait to show it to my Mum cause she has this idea in her head that they wont be very good in arenas - Ill prove her wrong - they were fab!!

CANT WAIT!!!
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2002, 02:18 PM #7

I thought Jessica's "Every Time We Say Goodbye" was one of the best - at least from the less well known finalists, but I suppose this was a different concert and she might not have been as good . LEE - did she drop her microphone?

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of 'Cheek to Cheek'. It wasn't that good, but I had a laugh at the hands, and might have enjoyed a reprisal or at least the chance to show my friends.

If you have this week's heat it is the recommendation of the week. There is a brilliant photo of Zoe about to molest Gareth on the park bench with Will et al doing funny finger things in the background.

BTW. I've been away, so sorry if I missed it, but has anyone else heard the story about Gareth and Hayley?
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2002, 03:31 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I have Feefs and i think its stupid because if Gareth and Hayley want to be together they can. I would still buy Gareths songs if he was going out with someone because its the music that counts really and The music company are just holding him back and Gareth might ignore them and go out with her anyway

Oh it might just be a silly rumour which i dont think it is because on Anavona it says 19 have told the media its true.
Old 25-04-2002, 06:41 PM #9

I hadn't heard about Gareth and Hayley, Feefs, so you are well up with the times.

Wow!!

Just off to check Ananova!
kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2002, 07:44 PM #10
Administrator

Administrator

I HAD heard about a romance between Gareth and Hayley, Feefs - and apparently the following article was in yesterday's Sun (so it must be true!!)

Gareth: 'I love you Hayley'
By SIMON WHEELER

POP Idol pin-up Gareth Gates is in love with ex-rival Hayley Evetts -- even though his managers have BANNED him from having a girlfriend.

An eyewitness told last night how he saw Gareth, 17, and sexy Hayley, 25, "all over each other" in a posh London bar.

He overheard Gareth telling Hayley: "I love you, but I've been told I can't have a girlfriend for five years."

A source close to the pair confirmed the relationship, saying: "They're mad about each other but have gone to great lengths to keep it quiet.

"Pop Idol bosses will deny they're an item but make no mistake -- they are a couple. It's just very cloak-and-dagger."

The couple fell for each other as they battled it out in the final stages of the ITV1 search-for-a-star show.

But romance only blossomed once they were on the road together for the sell-out Pop Idol UK tour.

They have since made numerous late night phone calls and constantly exchanged saucy text messages.

Bosses like Pop Idol's Mr Nasty Simon Cowell fear Gareth's record sales will suffer if young female fans think he is unavailable.

Gareth, the Pop Idol runner-up, was seen with Hayley in the Grosvenor Hotel's Red Bar after performing in nearby Covent Garden, Central London.

The onlooker told The Sun: "Gareth and Hayley were at a discreet sofa to the side. They seemed keen not to be spotted by a crowd.

"They were whispering into each other's ears and giggling like a couple of kids. She was stroking his chest, and he was tenderly stroking her head. They seemed besotted with each other. At one point, I heard him say, `I love you, but I've been told I can't have a girlfriend for five years.' "

Hayley first revealed she had a soft spot for Gareth after being voted off Pop Idol in January. The former medical worker predicted Gareth would win the contest, adding: "Gareth is a lovely person. He's gorgeous, a real stud. He's going to be a huge star. He does that cheeky little smile and I think the girls go weak at the knees. He's a real heartthrob, the type you see on girls' bedroom walls."

Hayley, from Birmingham, has since ended her relationship with local lad Will Sinclair, 26.

Bradford-born Gareth had been linked with fellow finalist Zoe Birkett, 16, during Pop Idol.

Pop managers denying their stars' relationships is nothing new.

Take That were ordered to tell all interviewers they were single, and Westlife's Bryan McFadden had to deny he was dating Atomic Kitten star Kerry Katona amid fears that his band's female fans would desert them.

The good old 'an eyewitness' and 'a source close to the couple' - now where have we heard that before ..... hmmmm.

Seriously - if they are together, then good luck to them.

However, it's the most unlikely pairing that I would have made from the Pop Idol finalists - Gareth and Zoe or maybe Rosie, but I never put him together with Hayley. Also, I thought Hayley was a firm supporter of Will, and had backed him to win the final.
Old 25-04-2002, 08:36 PM #11

I don't believe a word of it!!!!!!!

She's far too old for him, he's just a baby!
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2002, 09:31 PM #12

I can't wait for my Willy on saturday! He is my man x
I'm going to marry him

Stu xxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2002, 07:22 AM #13

Sorry SJ, but I've definitely beaten you to that one!!!!!!!!!

:l ove:
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2002, 08:58 AM #14
Administrator

Administrator

Seems that the Sun are still insisting that Gareth & Hayley are an item - click here to read the article.

Is it love, or another publicity stunt by BMG to keep Gareth in the public attention?
Old 26-04-2002, 11:35 AM #15

Sorry Janette, but HE IS MINE

So stop your crying and get over it x
(only jokin)
Stu xxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2002, 02:42 PM #16
Administrator

Administrator

Can I just say that the two of you will have to get to the back of the queue - as ROB would say:

He's mine - all mine - totally mine! (love 'im!)

Old 26-04-2002, 02:58 PM #17

I'd first heard about the Gareth and Hayley thing on the radio then looked in the Sun, but didn't believe it. There was a bit in the paper Sun yesterday with Gareth supposedly saying Hayley was a special friend but he didn't have time for a girlfriend. The idea of a Simon Cowell style publicity stunt had crossed my mind, because I don't believe he'd be banned from girlfriends, and the lack of real story, just 'insiders' etc. However, why push Gareth now? He's hardly disappeared out of the public consciousness and some down-time before his next single would do him good.

There is the tour and tv show to promote, but surely 19 could come up with something more appropriate. It also doesn't make sense that 19 would confirm something when he's under instructions to not have a girlfriend, or to not be seen to have one. The eye-witness reports in The Sun can easily be explained as friends having a laugh.

I am however now very interested in watching the concert when Hayley is doing the backing vocals on Gareth and Zoe's duet. No-one here went to the concert when Hayley stood in for Zoe did they?
Old 27-04-2002, 03:40 PM #18

Not long to go now! I've already set the video in case any rude relatives decide to visit or phone etc.

Lorraine Kelly seems to think the Gareth and Hayley stories are true Link, but I don't.

I have had more thoughts on why do a publicity stunt like that now? I remembered my own concert experiences and how nasty the girls behind me were about Zoe not coming back due to her supposed grip on Gareth. They were joking (I hope), but they were also very keen on Will as well as Gareth, so you would expect them to be a little more balanced and open minded. I also remember how many teenage girls really hated Billie for

1. being famous and successful at the same age as them, and
2. going out with bloke from 5ive.

I have therefore concluded that 19 may have decided it is in her interests to distract potentially jealous young fans away from hating her, to give her a fighting chance of a successful recording career when she gets round to it. I know it's tenuous, but it's all a bit wierd anyway.
Old 27-04-2002, 11:39 PM #19

Never mind all this Gareth & Hayley chat (I can't see it myself but you never know) - what did everyone think of the concert.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and it confirmed my opinion that Will is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best singer.

Thought Korben, Aaron and Jessica did really well, moved around very confidently and sang great - Aaron especially. Thought Laura sang flat and didn't do herself justice. Rosie was still trying to be Mariah Carey and, again, was off key a few times.

Hayley was tremendous - lot of stage craft and sang like a true trouper. Zoe is getting more confident (if that's possible!) but needs to choose her songs carefully. Her version of 'Get Happy' though was stunning.

Darius - what can you say - the man is a STAR! He has a beautiful, soulful voice and obviously enjoyed every minute.

Gareth - thought his best song was 'Mack the Knife' - he really did justice to a classic song. I'm getting tired of 'Unchained Melody' I'm afraid, and don't think it's a good song for him - but hey, over a million people thoght otherwise so what do I know?

Will - the man didn't put a foot wrong - hit all the right notes, sang like a professional and looked as though he is still trying to believe it's all happening. What a nice guy; modest, personable, good looking and talented to boot - the man has it all.

I really enjoyed the whole show and thought it was great.
susieq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2002, 08:30 AM #20

Enjoyed the concert, although I thought there was far to much of Gareth and Zoe, and not enough of Wills, also Haley did not do as much. Korben was surpringly really good I think that I under estimated him, he has a really good voice. Laura was awfull, although she thinks she is special. Darius was good, well very good actually!! But my favourite was Will he had it all, and he gave his all, he stood out a mile. He has so much talent. The ony dissapointment for me was that Will didnot sing the Jacki Wilson number for me that is his best song ever, which he should release
:hello :
monie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2002, 08:32 AM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I watched it and I thought that they put too much Zoe in.
Ill like to see more of the Big band music
and il liked seeing Ant and dec too
Old 28-04-2002, 08:44 AM #22

I saw it and thought it was a load of rubbish until they got to Will. It was like amateur night down the Queen Vic. Anybody watching that who hadn't seen the series would think it was laughable!!!. I most definately made the right decision when I voted for Will and i've got the phone bill to prove it
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2002, 10:54 AM #23

Too much Gareth and Zoe, anyone would have thought it was their show and the others were supporting acts.

I think Zoe has an amazing voice, but she does need to choose her songs more carefully and is a wee bit too confident.

Gareth was stronger than I thought he'd be, and I enjoyed his performance.

Laura was awful, as was Rosie.

Sorry, don't see the attraction of Aaron. he is doing a competant karaoke performance of 'Walkin' in Memerphers!' for goodness sake! That's it!

Jessica has a powerful voice and comes over very well, should have survived beyond Laura and Rosie without a doubt. Go Jessica for Eurovision!

Korben does have a good voice, I must admit I missed the week he was voted out, but I was surprised at the time. I think he gave a good performance and enjoyed the show.

Hayley looked and sounded great.

I thought that of course Will was wonderful. He is such a star.

The man on the night though? I'm with Lorraine on this!

Darius!!! Smouldering, handsome, smooth voiced, oozing sex appeal. The camera loves him, he fills up the stage. WOW!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2002, 11:55 AM #24

is it true that victoria beckham
said to the papers that gareth was crapif it is true,what was she thinking,especially as she's no great shakes herself
milly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-04-2002, 12:00 PM #25

Will is better then Gareth..but there both better then Mrs Beckham
Maniac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
concert, idol, live, pop, tv