Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 15-03-2008, 01:20 PM #1

Default Madeleine McCann & Scarlett Keegan Parents negligent?

I have been wondering something over the last couple of days. I dont think its wrong to ask this question but its borderline but if I dont its going to niggle in my mind.

It seems that Scarlett Keegan mother may now face charges for negligence under the Goa Children's Act for leaving her 15 year old daughter in someone else's care.

I personally think this is unsubstantiated but if this is the case then surely the McCann's have done worse?

They didnt leave their children with anyone.

I know that Scarlett's mother is being investigated under an Indian law and Madeleine went missing in Portugal but is there any difference?
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 01:43 PM #2

Depends wether Indian law isdifferent to portguese law, I'd say they perobably are very different
bridge7too7far is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 02:12 PM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by bridge7too7far
Depends wether Indian law isdifferent to portguese law, I'd say they perobably are very different
I think you missed my point.

I stated that the law was different but what I was asking was should they be different?

They technically both left their kids..... so why have they both been treated so differently?
Old 15-03-2008, 03:06 PM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by ~kizwiz~
Quote:
Originally posted by bridge7too7far
I think you missed my point.

I stated that the law was different but what I was asking was should they be different?

They technically both left their kids..... so why have they both been treated so differently?
Oh I undrstand what you meen now can someone in power this country get in touch wth someone in power in India nd sort it out for her. From the outcom it really unfair that a parent shud face chrges over that
Old 15-03-2008, 03:10 PM #5
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
I have been wondering something over the last couple of days. I dont think its wrong to ask this question but its borderline but if I dont its going to niggle in my mind.

It seems that Scarlett Keegan mother may now face charges for negligence under the Goa Children's Act for leaving her 15 year old daughter in someone else's care.

I personally think this is unsubstantiated but if this is the case then surely the McCann's have done worse?

I know that Scarlett's mother is being investigated under an Indian law and Madeleine went missing in Portugal but is there any difference?
Well to be honest 15 is an age where you can look after yourself, so if anything the parents where being more than careful by leaving her in someone elses care, but for Maddy, she was 3 and left with no one, that is neglegance
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 03:13 PM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewy
Quote:

Well to be honest 15 is an age where you can look after yourself, so if anything the parents where being more than careful by leaving her in someone elses care, but for Maddy, she was 3 and left with no one, that is neglegance
Indian portugese law may not see it the way you 2 do. 3 or 15 may be com under sam jurasdiction as
Old 15-03-2008, 04:46 PM #7

I wasnt trying to debate if the judicial system of the countries are right I was trying to debate if there was a difference in what they have done.

Chewy, your right in saying that leaving a 15 year old in the care of someone and a 3 year old alone with her younger siblings are kind of incomparable because of their ages but what I am trying to say is that why has the 15 year olds mother been summand for leaving her child in someone else's care and the McCann havent?

I understand the difference in law due to the countries but shoudlnt they be the same? Why having the McCann been investigated for leaving their 3 year old
Old 15-03-2008, 05:20 PM #8
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I agree, Kiz. It's a much worse situation that Madeliene was left in. The daughter of the Goa woman was at the age where she was able to look after herself, albeit not legally.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 11:56 AM #9

I think they are 2 very different situations.

Madeline was a small child who in my opinion should never have been left un-supervised. Her parents were negligent.

Scarlett was a 15 year old girl approaching an age where she would be classed as a young adult. I personally would allow my 15 year old to spend a little time with new friends she met on holiday. We have to at some point allow our children to explore the world.
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 06:01 PM #10

Quote:

This was my point back last May. If it was avarage joe, lets say the mother of Shannon Matthews, she would've had her kids taken away from her and she would be sent to prison and hated by the general public. It annoys that stories keep coming out like this, and the McCannsare just avoiding the fact they left three infants in a STRANGE place to them by them self's for a couple of hours. Thank you for bringing this up!
Jake! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
keegan, madeleine, mccann, negligent, parents, scarlett