Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB9 Big Brother 9 in 2008 was won by Rachel Rice.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:27 PM #1
M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):

Default Big Brother\'s late summer start to avoid getting the chop (and related threads merged)

Sorry If This Has Already Been Posted x

From Daily Mirror x

Big Brother is banking on a late start this summer to win back ratings for Channel 4.

The reality show normally kicks off in May but will begin on June 5 - avoiding a clash with its ITV rival, Britain's Got Talent which ends in May.

And, despite falling audiences, it will continue for 13 weeks just like last year.

Davina McCall will still be the main presenter but Dermot O'Leary will no longer present the spin-off show Little Brother after quitting to concentrate on The X Factor.

A show source said: "A lot is resting on the opening week.

"If it is not a big hit, the size of show could be drastically reduced next year or maybe even axed."

Tv bosses are now looking at a secret shortlist of around 50 contestants.

Link : http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2008...9520-20372898/
Nicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:28 PM #2

So thats 2 newspapers (Sun and Mirror) It must be true
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:33 PM #3
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Conor
Nope. the (Sun and the Mirror) are usually the newspapers which cover big brother anyway, usually right the way through. I get to read the Mirror but a friend gets the Sun and I know from (8)
housem8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:34 PM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by housem8
Quote:
Nope. the (Sun and the Mirror) are usually the newspapers which cover big brother anyway, usually right the way through. I get to read the Mirror but a friend gets the Sun and I know from (8)
What do you mean?
Old 05-04-2008, 01:34 PM #5
M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):

M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):

I hope it is in June.. so we're back at school for the final..

and i can annoy everyone like i do every year by going on about it lol!! x
Old 05-04-2008, 01:39 PM #6
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sky-Tay-Tasha-x

From Daily Mirror x

Big Brother is banking on a late start this summer to win back ratings for Channel 4.

The reality show normally kicks off in May but will begin on June 5 - avoiding a clash with its ITV rival, Britain's Got Talent which ends in May.

And, despite falling audiences, it will continue for 13 weeks just like last year.

Davina McCall will still be the main presenter but Dermot O'Leary will no longer present the spin-off show Little Brother after quitting to concentrate on The X Factor.

"If it is not a big hit, the size of show could be drastically reduced next year or maybe even axed."

I cant actually believe that they are looking at a secret shortlist of around 50 contestants By now the show should be completely organized

Whats going on?

and why 13 weeks? apparently they were going to ruduce (9) to at least half that length diue to last (8) having poor ratings. Perhaps its because they got the idea of introducing all women first and then bringing the guys in one by one by one and that idea was a bad one at that. So this time they are going to give it one last shot and if it works then (10) is more likely, but otherwise they shall have to think of a new idea or summin
Old 05-04-2008, 01:42 PM #7

Quote:
Quote:

From Daily Mirror x

I cant actually believe that they are looking at a secret shortlist of around 50 contestants By now the show should be completely organized

Whats going on?

and why 13 weeks? apparently they were going to ruduce (9) to at least half that length diue to last (8) having poor ratings. Perhaps its because they got the idea of introducing all women first and then bringing the guys in one by one by one and that idea was a bad one at that. So this time they are going to give it one last shot and if it works then (10) is more likely, but otherwise they shall have to think of a new idea or summin
Theres still 2 months left. The housemates go into hiding 2 weeks before launch. About 20 finalists are choosen. It won't take that long to drop 30. Obviously it's doing the show good. Auditions began in late November.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:43 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What do you mean?
I was pointing out that the (Sun and the Mirror) are the usually the ones that cover big brother but they can certainly give us rumours which are not actually true (meaning) that any other source ie; Daily Mail or Heat, Ok will get there info probably from those main papers anyway
Old 05-04-2008, 01:45 PM #9
Banned

Banned

Quote:

Its looking like June for defanate. Annoying everyone at school sounds fun, well maybe not for everylone lol
Old 05-04-2008, 01:45 PM #10
Adios

Adios

Its actually two months today!! 8 Weeks
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:47 PM #11
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

From Daily Mirror x

Whats going on?

Theres still 2 months left. The housemates go into hiding 2 weeks before launch. About 20 finalists are choosen. It won't take that long to drop 30. Obviously it's doing the show good. Auditions began in late November.
Why do you say (Obviously)? weather they have it organized nearer or further away from the actual start date shouldnt make a lot of difference imo
Old 05-04-2008, 01:47 PM #12

They don't usually both report the same thing though do they, unless it's got weight?
JJ. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:49 PM #13
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennDines123
Its actually two months today!! 8 Weeks
You cant possible know that!

Two weeks, give or take a few days perhaps at most. No start date is yet confirmed for defanate
Old 05-04-2008, 01:50 PM #14

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

From Daily Mirror x

Whats going on?

Why do you say (Obviously)? weather they have it organized nearer or further away from the actual start date shouldnt make a lot of difference imo
Because they are havimg much more rigourous choosing prosedures. It seeds out dull, boring and wannabes.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:53 PM #15
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JamesIBB
They don't usually both report the same thing though do they, unless it's got weight?
I think if I remember rightly from (8) and celeb hijack both newspapers report some of the same things but each will announce something different like the Star telling about a new bedroom design and the Sun failing to report that but the Sun will talk about a theme or summin?
Old 05-04-2008, 01:59 PM #16
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

From Daily Mirror x

Whats going on?

Because they are havimg much more rigourous choosing prosedures. It seeds out dull, boring and wannabes.
I would thought they would weed them out way back? a dull and boring housemate is less likely to get on with anyone else in the house anyway plus looking at Lesley who was dull and walked to, then it was pointless for housemates like her to be in there.. But wannabes arent that bad
Old 05-04-2008, 02:01 PM #17

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally posted by JamesIBB
I really am leaning towards a start of June launch. Its been reported in 2 papers and a magazine and if they are all agreeing (even if one said 6/6, its only a day out) then there definitely has to be some weight on it. Its also not been listed under the May highlights but listed under the Spring highlights, and Spring officially ends on 21st June.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:06 PM #18
M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):

M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:

Its looking like June for defanate. Annoying everyone at school sounds fun, well maybe not for everylone lol
For us anyway it'll be fun!!

But for all my friends who hate it - I will get them back for going on about HSM 24/7!!!!! Whoooo! x
Old 05-04-2008, 02:06 PM #19
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Yes a June launch is seeming likely. I'd prefer a May begining but Oh well! I guess the more time for them to prepare the better.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:08 PM #20

we should just stop speculating about the launch, none of dates that are given so far are totally reliable and we should just wait until the official date is given out.
Xander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:19 PM #21
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For us anyway it'll be fun!!

But for all my friends who hate it - I will get them back for going on about HSM 24/7!!!!! Whoooo! x
Then you will become miss unpopulareity, watch out
Old 05-04-2008, 02:20 PM #22
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Xander
we should just stop speculating about the launch, none of dates that are given so far are totally reliable and we should just wait until the official date is given out.
But thats ages yet and we are impatient arent you?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:21 PM #23
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
What! Yor the one a couple of days ago saying how it doesn't make any difference what date and asking us why we cared so much!
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:24 PM #24
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by thebiggerbrother
Quote:
Quote:
What! Yor the one a couple of days ago saying how it doesn't make any difference what date and asking us why we cared so much!
I have changed my mind, now I am impatient!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:26 PM #25
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Who me?
Its me

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
's, avoid, big brother, chop, late, merged, related, start, summer, threads