Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Reality TV Reality TV Show Discussion. Including Survivor, America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race and The Only Way is Essex.

Old 31-05-2004, 08:18 AM #1

Default Amanda quits Hell\'s Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen lost another celebrity trainee chef when former Coronation Street and Bad Girls star Amanda Barrie walked out.

The actress left the reality show after apologising for taking a swipe at tormentor-in-chief Gordon Ramsay yesterday.

An argument flared up between the pair and Barrie, 68, tried to slap the foul-mouthed chef but he grabbed her wrist.

The former soap actress told Ramsay just after roll-call this afternoon: "Well, when I took a swipe at you yesterday quite honestly I thought 'I'm totally out of control here' and I'm obviously not in control of myself when I'm around you.

"I'm either in tears or taking a whack at you. I thought that was no way to behave - I made a complete and utter fool of myself."

In reply, Ramsay said jokingly: "Can I just say it was a bloody good shot."

Barrie also told the chef: "I would like to go home now and watch this show in bed at home with a bottle of champagne and fish and chips.

"It has been quite an experience chef but I think I should get out of the way chef before I screw up anything else chef."

Celebrities left in the show include Abi Titmuss, former Tory health minister Edwina Currie and Eighties pop stars Matt Goss and Belinda Carlisle.

Also cooking under the watchful eye of Ramsay are former Brookside actress Jennifer Ellison, Gimme Gimme Gimme's James Dreyfus and "Pub Landlord" Al Murray.

Article Ananova
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2004, 04:20 PM #2

It wouldn't surprise me if she was told to leave by the producers. Nonetheless, I'm glad she's gone, as she was getting on my nerves with her theatrical displays in the kitchen.
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2004, 06:36 PM #3

I hope ITV weren't banking on getting loads of revenue from phone voting on this show - it seems that most of them will leave of their own accord!!
kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amanda, hell's, kitchen, quits