Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2008, 08:57 AM #1
ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Default sarah and Spike\'s opinions...

Seeing as Conzors can have this post we only felt it was right that we have our own post too.

Leaving School - We know that some of you will also be leaving school this summer and we think it's sad, but also we are now free from boring lessons, pointless homework and annoying people. We will miss the school but now we have a new beginning and we can now become independant. So don't be sad, be happy!

Michael Jackson - He is a strange man but we think he is extremely talented and we should always remember that. He is NOT a child molester, it's not been proven.... yet.

John Cena - The Champ is NOT here. We think he's repetitive and boring. Only the fangirls enjoy watching his boring matches but I have to say his promo's are okay. Other than that he only has kiddie fans and maybe the odd weirdo such as our beloved Amy21.

US Presidential Election - We are supporting Clinton because we think if Obama gets into power then he will become a dictator and take the US to war with everybody. Remember what he said about 9/11? So support Hilary Clinton.

More opinions are coming soon!

Thanks for reading love from Sarah and Luke! x
Old 16-05-2008, 09:25 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

If you are leaving school to go to college thinking it will be different, you are gravely mistaken.
Old 16-05-2008, 09:30 AM #3

it just the same at college bud
Old 16-05-2008, 09:57 AM #4

Oh come on leaving school is exciting, remember when you left how filled with thoughts for the future you were? Let them enjoy this time of great change. Yes things are a lot different to how you think they are going to be but they are not all that bad.

I have very fond memories of college, and Higher Education, enjoy yourselves.

I dont agree with you on a few of the things you say though

Michael Jackson - He is a strange man but we think he is extremely talented and we should always remember that. He is NOT a child molester, it's not been proven.... yet.

Nor has it been disproven either, it was technicalities and a lot of money that have always prevented Mr Jackson from reaching prosecution.
Old 16-05-2008, 10:04 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01
Oh come on leaving school is exciting, remember when you left how filled with thoughts for the future you were? Let them enjoy this time of great change. Yes things are a lot different to how you think they are going to be but they are not all that bad.

I have very fond memories of college, and Higher Education, enjoy yourselves.
It was good leaving and looking back I do miss school but I expected college to be completely different and I didn't think it was. I hated college and left quite recently, very happy
Old 16-05-2008, 10:07 AM #6

Yay I knew you had been happy, what are your plans now you are finished with college?
Old 16-05-2008, 10:10 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

A gap year; term very loosely used. Getting a job or whatever and if I like it I'll stick at it, if not I'll try something else and maybe go to Uni next year but the chances of that are slim because I don't want to.
Old 16-05-2008, 10:29 AM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_
A gap year; term very loosely used. Getting a job or whatever and if I like it I'll stick at it, if not I'll try something else and maybe go to Uni next year but the chances of that are slim because I don't want to.
You might feel differently in a year, once you have had a break from college and learning. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Old 16-05-2008, 11:08 AM #9
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Quote:
US Presidential Election - We are supporting Clinton because we think if Obama gets into power then he will become a dictator and take the US to war with everybody. Remember what he said about 9/11? So support Hilary Clinton.
Whilst I also support Clinton and dislike Obama, I find that accusation a little...unfounded

I personally dislike him because he's all style and no substance, and everyone seems to be swept along in an apparent tidal wave of hyperbole and hope. But does he have the ability to fulfill his promises? I think not.
Old 16-05-2008, 11:10 AM #10
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by mrs_rko
Would you allow your (proverbial) 8 year old son to go to his house alone, unattended?

Most people would say no, showing that falsification is a principle way above "innocent until proven guilty". Until the testimonies of those numerous kids have been disproved, I wouldn't say outright that he's not a child molester.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:00 PM #11
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella

I agree about John, He's boring and samey, all he has going for him at the moment is his looks.
Gah only if they turned him heel, him becoming the Dr of thuganomics again would be bad ass, he was awesome heel.
Face Cena= Zzzzzzzzz
Heel Cena=

And lucky you, our school arent letting us leave untill our exams are over, i hate my school. Can't wait to leave.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:20 PM #12
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Tom and Brother , what are you talking about? Im going to college next year and I cant ****ing wait. Its going to be ALOT better than Secondary School.

I get to wear my own clothes , join societys , do subjects I actualy PICKED and WANTED to do , get treated more like an adult , live the college life , all of that sort of stuff.

College is ALOT different to school.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:23 PM #13
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

My college wasn't. Same uniform (it's a Sixth Form), harder work, the teachers are like the Gestapo trying to make sure you attend lessons, aren't allowed outside of the school grounds, not that we listen to them regarding that since we have cars.

We also had a pretty **** common room.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:28 PM #14

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:

College is a lot different to school. 6th form isn't, I loathe it, it's exactly like year 11 all over again with a tiny bit more freedom. But college is a lot different, more laidback, your own clothes [no shirt, tie and pants], just a lot different. But it's only 'good' if you're willing to put the work in yourself, because nobody is on your back unlike 6th form, and I'm not motivated enough to do it myself, hence going back to 6th form.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:29 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus
Tom and Brother , what are you talking about? Im going to college next year and I cant ****ing wait. Its going to be ALOT better than Secondary School.

I get to wear my own clothes , join societys , do subjects I actualy PICKED and WANTED to do , get treated more like an adult , live the college life , all of that sort of stuff.

... and thats what I thought too. Its very similar. The only difference is that you don't wear a uniform and you pick your subjects. But you still have teachers moaning about how many minutes late you are, moaning about your work and homework and you actually have to revise if you want half decent grades.

Seriously, don't tell people who've been to and [nearly] finished college that its different to school. Most people realise its not once the novelty wears off about 4 or 5 weeks into the first year.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:34 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
College is a lot different to school. 6th form isn't, I loathe it, it's exactly like year 11 all over again with a tiny bit more freedom. But college is a lot different, more laidback, your own clothes [no shirt, tie and pants], just a lot different. But it's only 'good' if you're willing to put the work in yourself, because nobody is on your back unlike 6th form, and I'm not motivated enough to do it myself, hence going back to 6th form.
Its not that different once you've settled in and the novelty has worn off. Eventually it just seems like school but non-uniform day every day. And a lot of people have said that from both the college I went to and other ones my friends went to.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:37 PM #17

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Its not that different once you've settled in and the novelty has worn off. Eventually it just seems like school but non-uniform day every day. And a lot of people have said that from both the college I went to and other ones my friends went to.
Well we both went to very different colleges, though I didn't last long in mine. Put it this way, you don't have people calling up your mum in college to say I haven't turned up for a lesson, you do in 6th form. And you also don't have "parent days" in college when people are nearly 18 either, some nearly 19. College is a lot less patronising.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:42 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well we both went to very different colleges, though I didn't last long in mine. Put it this way, you don't have people calling up your mum in college to say I haven't turned up for a lesson, you do in 6th form. And you also don't have "parent days" in college when people are nearly 18 either, some nearly 19. College is a lot less patronising.
We did ...

The teachers always used to call up parents to complain about lack of work, there were parents evenings for the teachers to bitch to parents like in school, and there were attendance and behaviour reports with different stages, like in school. And if we didn't turn up to our lessons and our parents hadn't phoned in before 9am to say why we were going to be absent then we got phonecalls home for that lesson, so it could mean 2 or 3 phonecalls per day. We even had written reports sent home in the post. It wasn't just mine like that either.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:44 PM #19

Favourites:

Favourites:

Well colleges in Manc must be 10x better than ones across the country because it's the first college I've heard to treat "adults" like that.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:45 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Well the colleges you've heard of must be strange, its not just the ones around here, because I know plenty of people across the country who have had a similar experience in college.
Old 16-05-2008, 04:48 PM #21
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Quote:

... and thats what I thought too. Its very similar. The only difference is that you don't wear a uniform and you pick your subjects. But you still have teachers moaning about how many minutes late you are, moaning about your work and homework and you actually have to revise if you want half decent grades.

Seriously, don't tell people who've been to and [nearly] finished college that its different to school. Most people realise its not once the novelty wears off about 4 or 5 weeks into the first year.
I spent a crash test month and a half in UCC. Safe to say , it was a ****ing blast. Im going their next year to do **** like Sociology and smoke pot.

Roll on I say.

College > School
Old 16-05-2008, 04:53 PM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Some people call University a college. Are you sure you aren't getting them mixed up and you are right in saying its a sixth form college which is what I went to which is essentially just a sixth form but detached and in its own building?
Old 16-05-2008, 06:37 PM #23
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Some people call University a college. Are you sure you aren't getting them mixed up and you are right in saying its a sixth form college which is what I went to which is essentially just a sixth form but detached and in its own building?
I have no idea what your talking about because in Ireland , thing work a little differently. But I think its fair to say that if I spent a month and a half at a College , I would cop on to the fact that it was a college , unless I had my eyes closed for the duration of the stay ...

In Ireland , it works like this...

Primary School for six years [roughly between the ages of 6-12].

Secondary School for six years [12-18 , although its legal to leave school after the third year if you are over 16].

Then , if you choose , you can go to university/college , whatever [Its called UCC , university college Cork , theirs a few other colleges as well like CIT , College Of Commerce , and Trinity College in Dublin].
Old 16-05-2008, 06:50 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
I have no idea what your talking about because in Ireland , thing work a little differently. But I think its fair to say that if I spent a month and a half at a College , I would cop on to the fact that it was a college , unless I had my eyes closed for the duration of the stay ...

Secondary School for six years [12-18 , although its legal to leave school after the third year if you are over 16].

Then , if you choose , you can go to university/college , whatever [Its called UCC , university college Cork , theirs a few other colleges as well like CIT , College Of Commerce , and Trinity College in Dublin].
Thats why we have differences in opinion. Over here its:

Primary School (3-11)
Secondary School (11-16)
Sixth form (either at school or college; 16-18/19. This can also not be sixth form A Levels but other course types, e.g. vocational [childcare, builder etc])
University (some Uni's referred to as 'college', some Universities have 'college' in their name)

We can leave after secondary school, and obviously the college I refer to is sixth form, but you refer to something higher than that Glad we've got that misunderstanding out the way on both our parts
Old 16-05-2008, 07:00 PM #25
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thats why we have differences in opinion. Over here its:

Primary School (3-11)
Secondary School (11-16)
Sixth form (either at school or college; 16-18/19. This can also not be sixth form A Levels but other course types, e.g. vocational [childcare, builder etc])
University (some Uni's referred to as 'college', some Universities have 'college' in their name)

We can leave after secondary school, and obviously the college I refer to is sixth form, but you refer to something higher than that Glad we've got that misunderstanding out the way on both our parts
Right now im 17 , and have one full year left of secondary school before going to University. So yes , theirs the culture barrier smashed. Im in what is your 'sixth form' .

In that case , apply everything I previously said about College being a blast to what you dub 'University'.

Man , this is tough .
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
opinions, sarah, spike's