Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 05-08-2004, 07:52 PM #1

Default Comparison with other BB couples

By selling their story within a day to a magazine/newspaper Stuart and Michelle have shown that the media is more important to them than their relationship.

Couples who have survived have stayed low key. For instance, no-one at all knew or was really aware of the fact that Tom and Claire had got together (OK they have now broken up but they were together for 2 years plus), Alex and Mel are seen occasionally and again kept the fact that they were seeing each other quiet until they were sure of each other. Lee and Sophie did some media but on the whole they also kept pretty low profile. Ok they got engaged on tv, but afterwards worked hard on the relationship they had and made it work.

Nasty Nick has had relationships with BB housemates which have been all over the papers and milked the media circus - did these relationships last? No.

Kate and Spencer had the holiday, full of photographs and worth lots of money, but again did they last? No.

Nush and Scott for whom much was thought about - again had a short fling but no it didnt work.

OK there wasnt the interest in the above, but you only have to look at the longest lasting relationship to see how to make a relationship outside the house work. This was a relationship which the whole country was talking about and was interested in (some of us cant get out of the habit) and who the media stalked and incidentally did their best to break up However did they play the media game and make loads of money by selling stories and appearing on tv together? No. They spent time building up their relationship and trying to have a normal relationship. Did it work? Of course it did. It was only necessary to see CFF recently to see how a BB romance can truly work out

If Michelle and Stuart are serious about each other, they could do no better than have a little chat with a certain couple who could give them a few pointers. Will they? No, they think they know it all and wont listen to anyone else. A relationship involves compromise - will Michelle compromise? No.

Will the country be interested in them after the first few weeks of media saturation? No, I dont think so. By behaving the way they did in the house people are already fed up with them.

So to compare with past relationships - will it work? Will they learn from what has happened to other couples? I doubt it. Just because they were kissing all the time doesnt mean that they think any more of each other than previous couples who were aware of what the outside world was thinking and didnt want their families to be embarassed. They may last longer than Spencer and Kate or Nush and Scott, but will it be happy ever after? Only time will tell.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:22 PM #2

I agree BusyBee I wonder if they are giving all the momney to charityI doubt it.
I think if they had spent as much time talking to each other as they did kissing they may have had more of a chance.It only seemed to be after there under the table time that they started to get to know each other and at this point I thought they may stand a chance.
I suppose they both think that the money they are being paid is too good to turn down I only hope it doesn't cost them their relationship.
I remember wishing that Helen and Paul would do more on tv together after bb finished but if it meant that they would last then they were sensible to take this approach.
rachb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:44 PM #3

agree, michelle said that she had a connection with stu, than she did with victor, i dunno about everyone else that watched but i found that she was conversing with vic than she was with stu because all she did was eat his face!!
golden~rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:03 AM #4

Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, comparison, couples