Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 03-06-2004, 10:17 PM #1
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Default Are Kitten and Katherine Pinder two separate people in the same body

Here is a thought, Kitten claimed she worked as a prostitute, yet her father said that never happened, but she had done extensive research on prostitution.

It has not been adequately explained why Katherine Pinder goes by the name Kitten.

Suppose somewhere in Katherine's existance in East Riding, something unknow happened and the personality Kitten was created. Kitten being an amalgam of some of Katherine's persona but also an amalgam of all the case studies Katherine must have researched.

Some how his new persona userped the persona of Katherine as the dominant personality in her body. (Is Katherine trapped inside and conscious of what this usurper is doing?)

This would mean that "Kitten" was kind of telling the truth about the prostitution because this persona is constructed from lives that did suffer that fate. What Mr Pinder is saying concerns not Kitten, but Katherine and is also true.

I am not an expert on multiple personality disorder, but if a psychologist is not looking for this, it it be possible for this to be missed.

If this were the case, how could Kitten be got rid of, so Katherine could be released from torment.

Does this make sense to anyone ?

As a worring side point, those who post under an ID that is not their real name, do they ever find that ID Persona is a differet entity that sometimes tries to take over

For the record I post as Sticks, because it is a contraction of my surname and someone called me that once at my first Alma Marta.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:33 PM #2

I think Kitty Kat looks like Fedrico's twin to me, the same mad staring eye's and about as much common sense = Zero I'm afraid.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:50 AM #3

Default she is a fake

i used to go to the same school as "kitten" aka katherine pinder and i can assure that is dould have been very difficult for her to have been a prostitute. this is mainly because of the fact that she was a boarder and london is rather far from the school in staffordshire. also her family must have had money to send her there in the first place since it was a private school, we are talkin £12000 a year. she doesnt talk about that does she!!!!
flunk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:12 AM #4
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

But you miss the point of this hypothosis.

We are talking about two different personas, Kitten and Katherine Pinder. The persona that believes it to have been a prostitute is Kitten. The experiences locked in the memory of Kitten comes from research carried out by Katherine Pinder, who was not involved with prostitution.

Somehow, Kitten has displaced Katherine, but this persona is unstable and a complete caricature. Hense the behavioural problems Kitten expresses, even outside the house with her "girlfriend"
Old 04-06-2004, 11:01 AM #5

Sticks- I think that would probably be giving her too much credit ...

I think its more likely that she is simply a bullshitter not averse to severely bending the truth is order to justify her beliefs or lionise herself, rather than actually has a personality disorder of any magnitude.

But nice theory all the same.
X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:02 AM #6

I understand you Sticks, and it is an interesting hypothesis, but I don't think that is that we are seeing here - if this were the case I think we would be seeing more of 'Katherine' coming through instead of the complete dominance of Kitten.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:04 PM #7

I don't think she has a multiple personality disorder.

Her lie serves a purpose like Nick Bateman's lying did although with Nick the purpose was to gain the sympathy of his fellow housemates - with Kitten the lie is an attempt to rationalise her political beliefs.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:25 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by steve_o
I think Kitty Kat looks like Fedrico's twin to me, the same mad staring eye's and about as much common sense = Zero I'm afraid.

Lol! I'v been saying that since last friday, thank god someones noticed.

I thought it was only me!
Hooly One is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:32 PM #9
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by LEE
- if this were the case I think we would be seeing more of 'Katherine' coming through instead of the complete dominance of Kitten.
But if Katherine had been through some unknown trauma, would not part of the reason that "Kitten" took over was to protect Katherine. Maybe Katherine is still hiding from the world, giving Kitten free reign

It is known for people to loose one of their senses, sight or hearing evn though there is no physical reason, because part of the brain is blocking the signal as a trauma induced protection system.

Quote:
Originally posted by James
I don't think she has a multiple personality disorder.

Her lie serves a purpose like Nick Bateman's lying did although with Nick the purpose was to gain the sympathy of his fellow housemates - with Kitten the lie is an attempt to rationalise her political beliefs.
But Nasty Nick used his lie to the whole group for maximum effect. Kitten shared it as a confidence to Victor and only mentioned it once.

Nasty Nick was calculating and stable. (He was never nominated) Kitten's behaviour has shown her to be unstable.

Incidentally Kitten invented this character of big Sister (Not our Big Sister here on TiBB). Was this the obvious opposite gender counterpoint to the persona "Big Brother", or could it be a faint echo of the Real Katherine somewhere in there ?

But then again, I have only read one book detailing the work of Carl Jung.
+-+-+-+-+-+-

Getting back to an earlier question, on another, less friendly forum, I invented two pseudo ID's at opposite ends of the political spectrum (sort of), so those extremes could be satarised, with minnimal risk of setting off a flame war. (Not much risk of flame wars here on TiBB, luckily )

What I found when posting as either of these is that before I hit post, while thinking as the pseudo ID I had gone way over the top and I had to come back as me and moderate them. (I rarely use them now adays) Effectively, these pseudo ID's took on a life of their own for a season.

At the risk of repeating myself, on a bigger scale, and unchecked could also have happened when Katherine was subsumed into Kitten. A check and balance system similar to the one I used to limit the pseudo ID's, somehow in Katherine was not present.

And is what we have now.

We will only really know what has been going on when Kitten is dragged kicking and screaming into the outside world and challenged with the main inconsistancy.

If the hypothosis is wrong, I look silly so what's new and no real harm done (sort of)

But if the hypothosis is right, then one has to question the validity of the psyche screening as to why this was not flagged.

For a while I have suspected that lip service has been paid to this, to placate the censors, and maybe a reject reccommendation could be over-ruled if it is felt they would make good TV, but I digress

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
body, katherine, kitten, people, pinder, separate