Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:30 AM #1

Default My infected toe

Eurgh it's so disgusting, still cant believe how long it's been like this. If anyone remember's i posted a thread about my ingrowing toenail like in December and that's right its still growing in although it's never really that painful anymore; apart from when i walk on it for like a few hour's in a shoe. Now it's infected on both side's of the nail so my toe just look's even more deformed, quite depressing but im still on a bloody waiting list. Need to go back to get transfered or something because basically my doctor's is ****. Has anyone ever had a ingrowing toenail that needed to be taken off? If so did it hurt? Did you get put to sleep? Im quite worried as they can't take it off untill the infection's gone away and the last antibiotic's i was given did nothing
CassetteFinger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:37 AM #2
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Oh dear, that sounds horrible. How can they keep you on a waiting list when you're in clear pain?!
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:44 AM #3

I know mabe they just forgot about me because when i went to the hospital they diden't believe me when i said thay "i have been waiting all this time on a stupid waiting list" so mabe they forgot to put my name down, i dunno. I also have a rash on the infected foot which dosent itch at all but also dosen't fade away when you press on it like most rashes, they said i need a blood test because it could be to do with my liver/kidney's one off them but i seriously believe it's because this infection has been going on for like 18 months now. They say the only way to get there quicker is to go private but they said "even that has a waiting list"
Old 07-06-2008, 05:46 AM #4
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Have you tried a different doctors? I can't imagine my doctors making me wait that long It sounds really bad.

An infection for 18 months is terrible, it could really weaken your immune system for other things too.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:53 AM #5

Really? Dident know that, must get back there soon as because i really need the nail sorted. You know when you have a scab and you put like your jumper over it and a few hours later it's all stuck to it, that's what it's like with socks on my toe, so annoying. They did tell me aswell to put it in salt water for like 10 minute's everyday but i really need some tablet's that will work to clear up the infection.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:05 PM #6

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

you know if i knew you i would have marched you down the doctors by now i cant beleive you still have it and i was talking to you about the same ingrown toenail like in 2007 lol!I think i told you before my bf did have to go in for an operation for an ingrown toenail some time ago now 2006 i think??He didnt have to be put to sleep but he did have some anesthetic to ease the pain,he said the operation diddnt hurt but there was some pain afterwards,not half as much as before though.Oh and he couldn`t wear a show for about a week afterwards so he had to be off work.But apart from that everything was fine.Honestly you should really go because it will just get worse and worse,it will be really simple to get sorted you know you might not even need an operation.I ahd an ingrown toenail once and i just had to take some medication and the pain was gone in a few days.Trust me ,get it sorted,you will be fine
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 02:58 AM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by supernoodles!
you know if i knew you i would have marched you down the doctors by now i cant beleive you still have it and i was talking to you about the same ingrown toenail like in 2007 lol!I think i told you before my bf did have to go in for an operation for an ingrown toenail some time ago now 2006 i think??He didnt have to be put to sleep but he did have some anesthetic to ease the pain,he said the operation diddnt hurt but there was some pain afterwards,not half as much as before though.Oh and he couldn`t wear a show for about a week afterwards so he had to be off work.But apart from that everything was fine.Honestly you should really go because it will just get worse and worse,it will be really simple to get sorted you know you might not even need an operation.I ahd an ingrown toenail once and i just had to take some medication and the pain was gone in a few days.Trust me ,get it sorted,you will be fine
Hahaha i know, it was like in December. I have been and they gave me antibiotics because i cant have the operation until the infection has gone; dont know why but i need to go back to get transfered to a place that actually has a Podiatrist (Foot Doctor). I was just saying that the recent antibiotic's haven't got rid of anything. My toe is still the same, bleeding and pussing and im so stressed out aswell trying to get college sorted out. Life can be a bitch sometimes.
Old 13-06-2008, 10:25 AM #8

They amputate in extreme cases Tommy.
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 10:22 PM #9

I know Baz. Seriously, it's no joke they can. What if i need my toe cut off, i wont be able to walk without support. I'd be a vegetable.
Old 13-06-2008, 10:41 PM #10

I had one, i've mentioned it blenty of times I think.

For me I was on antibiotics for about 4 months before they put me on a waiting list. I then had to wait not to long for the opp.

The injected my toe to numb it and then kept poking and proding it until I couldn't feel anything then they cut of the bit infected and bandaged it up, next day I got the bandage off and there was a bit of blood but it really didn't hurt cos my toe was still numb, I got a plaster on my toe which came off 3 weeks later or something. Wasn't very nice.

But the opperation was good and I haven't had any trouble since.
Corkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 10:42 PM #11

I also had a lot of foot baths and put a plaster on the foot so it wouldn't get more infected.
Corkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 10:44 PM #12

Quote:
Originally posted by CassetteFinger
I know Baz. Seriously, it's no joke they can. What if i need my toe cut off, i wont be able to walk without support. I'd be a vegetable.
Is it that bad?
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 05:09 AM #13

I don't really understand what an ingrowing toenail is. Does it just grow sideways into ur toe as well as, outwards?

Could someone explain please!?
dbh-g is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
infected, toe