Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 04-05-2002, 06:23 AM #1

Default aaaah Lorraine\'s show finishing

oh my god read this

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...201420,00.html

There's also a little bit about Big Brother after, saying about sex on the show where she says Helen had assured her that nothing happened but she was trying to protect her nan. Lorraine doesn't watch Rich and Famous does she. Anybody who watched that will no that Helen's nans are "gone"
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 09:46 AM #2

This is very sad for Helen, she has often said it's her dream job. There was no inkling of her knowing the show was to end in the Hello article.

I hope this hasn't left them in the lurch with their mortgage. OH was right after all when he kept saying that they ought to use her money and transient fame to launch a hairdresser's business.

Maybe there will be something else in the offing for her, but much as I would like it, I have to admit I'm not too hopeful.

On the other hand, I have to admit the show was pretty dire. They made very bad use of Helen's talents, and seemed to keep throwing in more and more people. This just resulted in less engagement and bonding with all the characters.

Whatever, it will be very sad not to see Helen's cheery little face, and listen out for snippets of Paul Clarke information.

Let's hope it all turns out OK for them both. Fingers crossed!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 09:56 AM #3

Oh no!! Not that I was ever around to watch Lorraine, but I know from others who have posted here that Helen was really getting into her own groove and doing really well.

I think that there are other opportunities out there on TV for her and she could be snapped up for another programme.

In the meantime ROB, what about gatecrashing the wrap party??? Possible sighting of Mr Clarke to be had??
kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 11:43 AM #4

I only ever watched 'Lorraine' on the days that Helen appeared on it. Helen has so much natural talent that I can't see her being idle for long. I hope whatever she decides to do next will give her more of a chance to shine. Go Helen!
Mairi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 02:19 PM #5

I wonder if there's a possibility of H going over to GMTV. Or maybe even RI:SE? She'll have a bit of work though no doubt, what with BB3 coming up. She might go back to hairdressing but I don't really know how this could happen.
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 08:23 PM #6
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Sorry to say this, but this could be the first part of the operation of THE CURSE OF HELLO !!!

Money troubles is one of the causes of many a disagreement between couples, and if the terms of their mortgages was relying on Helen earning a certain rate, then rocky times could be ahead.

Just like the curse of the Cardiff Dressing room, as Chelsea found out, these curses will find their target. If only someone had told them beforehand.

but they did not, and the curse has kicked in.

Does anyone know anything about how to remove curses ? This is not my department. I am mearly a Prophet of Doom, not the maker of Doom
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:31 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
Sorry to say this, but this could be the first part of the operation of THE CURSE OF HELLO !!!

Money troubles is one of the causes of many a disagreement between couples, and if the terms of their mortgages was relying on Helen earning a certain rate, then rocky times could be ahead.

Just like the curse of the Cardiff Dressing room, as Chelsea found out, these curses will find their target. If only someone had told them beforehand.

but they did not, and the curse has kicked in.

Does anyone know anything about how to remove curses ? This is not my department. I am mearly a Prophet of Doom, not the maker of Doom

WHAT A LOAD OF BO**OCKS!!!!!
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 10:38 PM #8

Quote:
WHAT A LOAD OF BO**OCKS!!!!!
Succinctly put Janette - couldn't have said better myself!
susieq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 10:43 PM #9

Well said !!!!!!!!!!!
blinkinlovely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 11:05 PM #10

Fret not Sticks.
Lots of couples that have appeared in Hello! continue to have happy relationships.

Anyway, you've mentioned in these boards that you're a regular church goer. I wouldn't have thought that you would believe in magical curses.
You railed against the inoffensive Harry Potter a while back on TalkBigBrother.

Or are you just trying to act like a stirrer, get a rise out of people? In which case you've succeeded.

All in all, just chill out.

James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 04:53 AM #11
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Anyway, you've mentioned in these boards that you're a regular church goer. I wouldn't have thought that you would believe in magical curses.
You railed against the inoffensive Harry Potter a while back on TalkBigBrother.
stirring ?

Moi ?

If you look at the Old and New Testament youwil see that magicians and witches did practrice. Pharoahs men could change sticks to snakes, it just so happened that Moses, appointed by the Lord was given superior powers. In the New Testament there was the socerer Simon and a load of magicians on becoming Christians burned valuable scrolls. (Why not sell them fo money for the church if what they contained was hooey ?)

Above all the Bible tells us that there are spiritual forces of darkness, such as demons, fallen angels and Satan. My own grandmother was a spiritualist medium, equally condemned in the Bible. These forces are out there and books like Harry Potter popularise something inherrently dangerous.

Recently there have been a lot of celeb break ups

Britney
Dido
Kyle

And one is getting paranoid

The curse of Hello seemsd more of a menace in the background at the moment
Old 06-05-2002, 07:54 AM #12

Sticks
Have you not realised that the reason for them doing hello was because Helen possibly Knew that the show a finishing and that the money they recieved from the article will help them with the flat they have brought, ie no mortgage.. I think it was clever thinking on their part.
monie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 09:46 AM #13
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Monie I would like to think that you were right, however the break ups of

Dido
Britney
Kyle

Have triggered the alarm bells.

Helen was only on Loraine in the first place because Loraine sponsored her. The biggie is what happens now ? My prophecy of Doom instincts tell me that the work is going to dry up as Helen will be forever associated more with BB2 and other execs will not want her.

She may have been a good presenter on Sky, but that may not cut any ice.

In am not so certain she knew that Lorraine would be cancelled. If Helen borrowed money on the pretence Lorraine was not going to be cancelled that is either stupidity or fraud. I can not see Helen taking on a joint mortgage if she knew she would be in financial difficulties.

Also would Paul have allowed it ? Let us not forget him from the equation. We will stay with he being a gentleman and trying to re negotiate with the bank on mortgage repayments to show how much he loves her. How will that make Helen feel about "pulling her weight", would she start to feel she was dead weight inspite of what Paul said ?

The Curse of Hello ???

the clang of the alarm bell is still resonating in my ears

(The only way out, assuming the work for Helen dries up, is for those twoto get married and start a family, but Paul said he was not ready for that kind of commitment)
Old 06-05-2002, 09:55 AM #14

Monie, everyone, let Sticks enjoy himself.

Nothing like a bit of the wailing and the gnashing of the teeth, not to mention a bit of the renting of garments and the ritual ullulaying to set one up of a morning, now is there Sticksie?

I do suspect James is right, though. For a God fearing man, Sticks is worryingly fascinated in the dark side .....................

For myself, although I always have a tendency to fear the worst, I do think Helen is a very positive person, and Paul is generally cheerful and optimistic. As we all know, he's hardly ever sensible, but he's sensible when he needs to be sensible!

All couples have to endure tests on their relationship. If they care about each other enough, it will make them stronger -us against them.

My guess is that Paul will be feeling very protective and caring towards her. He's a bit old fashioned, and I think he will feel it's his duty to look after her. She'll be all upset and vulnerable and trying to be cheerful, and it will lead to lots of hugs and cuddles.

I think they'll be alright!
Old 06-05-2002, 10:08 AM #15
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Wailing, Gnashing of teeth, rending garments. Sorry wrong department try "Weepers and Whailers" Just 3 doors down from Death's / (Mort's) office. The Prophet of Doom office is just across the corridor from Death, but I digress

Would this make Mr Clarke pop the question though ?

Would Helen accept

I have Stuart's E-mail address, would it help if we e-mailed him in case he knew what was actually happening on the ground in the real world. Or would that be unfair on Stuart ?
Old 06-05-2002, 10:24 AM #16

Sticks, what on earth has this got to do with Stuart? I know he was one of the housemates that was more positive towards H&P, but he doesn't see that much of them.

I also happen to know that Stuart and his wife are just getting over the death of her mother at the moment and it is not a good time for them.

Leave him out of it please.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 10:30 AM #17

No, Sticks, leave poor old Stuart alone!

Why should he have to keep answering questions about Helen and Paul? He's not their keeper, and has other things going on in his life which are a lot more important to him than that.

He has always been courteous and answered your questions promptly I know, but it must be really annoying for him. I would be embarassed to ask.

Why don't we just wait and see what happens for them?

Some of us either have, or will send an email to support Helen.

Otherwise, they are grown ups, who have their health, saleable skills and a few bob under their belts. Could be worse.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:17 PM #18

I've been searching through the TalkBigBrother archives:

It seems to me that you've changed your tune a bit.

Quote:
Sticks
Senior Housemate
398 Posts
Posted - 17 January 2002 : 20:09:13

Sorry to be the voice of decent, but we want the legend of Helen & Paul. If we want a rosy future (sorry I am going to be sick).

Ok sorry, not use to over sentimentality, being a born again cynic, if we want a happy ending with possible little Paul & Helens, then they have to be out of the media spot light.

One reason why Paul going back to his old job is such a good idea.

Showbusiness relationships have a higher than normal mortality rate, re Kate Winslett, Jordan, Liz Hurl-ly.

Let Helen have her little spot on Lorraine until February when her contract ends, and her 15 minutes is over, and let them fade in to legend.

Besides, I suspect they would like to get back to normal. Helen Has said she wants to go back to cutting hair and teaching dancing.

Also we need to gear up for BB2002. I did my video last weekend, all by my self and my line manager has been helping me sort of with my application form. It really is time to move on.

Fame, Glory, Adventure, A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

Edited by - Sticks on 17 January 2002 20:12:38
Here's the full thread:
http://uk.talkbigbrother.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2123&FO

Back then you made out that not having a career in TV was a good thing for the success of a relationship.

This all makes me believe you're just trying to wind people up.

Old 06-05-2002, 01:26 PM #19

Sticks old bean, I'm with James on this one. You're just having us on, aren't you? This Cyber Warrior/Harbinger of Doom rubbish is just a personna you adopt while underneath there lurks a real softie

You sit at home watching old episodes of The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie with a box of tissues at the ready. I can just see you now.

You can't fool me Sticks, you're just a little love, now, aren't you? Forget all this Curse of Hello nonsense, Helen and Paul are fine, BB3's starting soon, and Sticks is going to whistle a happy tune, aren't you old bean?

...Either that or I'm going to throttle you!
peachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 04:11 PM #20
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

1) I was not certain about contacting Stu, but this was one of the options that has to be laid out, if only so it can be ruled out, which it obviously is. He will not be contacted on this occasion.

2) It was not my tune that changed, it was circumstances which changed. What I wrote in January was quite true then, but since then they have bought a flat / house and they could have been relying on two incomes at a certain level, to pay the bills.

If her contract had ended in February, then any property purchased / rented would have been inaccordance with a reduced income, so no fretting over mortgage payments.

With regards to fame, how many people have Sky and were watching, since the majority of people are still on terrestrial. The light of fame from BB2 has already dimmed, as the lack of Heat articles and stories in the tabloids testify. Although famous among us lot and the odd person who may tune into Lorraine, she had faded in to obscurity, sort of, as hoped for.

3) I DO NOT WATCH THE WALTONS OR LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE Credit me with some taste. I do not weep at sad movies, I like to cheer the baddies on (I moon light as Devil's Advocate as well as Prophet of Doom)

As for Trawling through all those old archives....

4) As for a happy tune, how about this one ?
Old 06-05-2002, 05:25 PM #21

Oh Sticksie, old bean. I couldn't get your happy tune to work. I just got a circle with different coloured segments. What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-05-2002, 05:42 PM #22
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by peachy
Oh Sticksie, old bean. I couldn't get your happy tune to work. I just got a circle with different coloured segments. What am I doing wrong?
Right Click the link and select Save As, find a place to save it to and follow the instructions. Play once it is downloaded.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:55 PM #23

Quote:
it was circumstances which changed. What I wrote in January was quite true then, but since then they have bought a flat / house
Circumstances hadn't changed. Heat magazine reported they had bought their flat at the beginning of December. Helen said in a later interview for her fitness video that her Lorraine contract lasted until February. I'm guessing that this means that, when they bought the flat, they knew that Helen's contract might not be extended.
The interview is here under 'Helen's stepping out to be a fitness instructor'

Fair enough though, maybe you weren't aware of these facts.

Quote:
As for Trawling through all those old archives....
Actually I used the search function to find what I was looking for in a couple of minutes.

Quote:
As for a happy tune, how about this one ?
Could this be the first crack in the International Cyber Warrior/ Prophet of Doom persona?

Old 09-05-2002, 03:55 PM #24
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

LAST SHOW THE SERIES OR EVER?
cc100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 05:08 PM #25

CC100, I'm afraid the show is definitely ending for good at the end of this month.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aaaah, finishing, lorraine, show