Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:11 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default Sexism and Racism work both ways round

A lot of people think only white people can be racist and that men are the only sexist people.

Why is this?
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Send your question in to Loose Women.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM #3
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Lol the most sexist show on TV xD
That show makes men AND women cringe
Old 04-07-2008, 08:39 PM #4

Its utter rubbish Chewy Black people can racist bigots just as good or bad if you like as whites, suggesting its not ...well is racist
I Remember some time ago the BNP came to my door I was in the kitchen and i heard my husband (he's white) saying no thankyou (in different words)ect....
When I heard i called "no come on in" I wanted them in my home they don't scare me I want to know why they think that, to me its ok, they just lose out on so many people extra to be friendly with, that dont bother me, its there loss.
Only 20 minutes before they wanted to go, they turned down the tea we offered probably thinking it was poisoned
I asked if I could join, they said although I counted as being legitimatley British they don't have black members, I could not believe the reasoning.

They said its like a boy scout wishing to join the girl scouts, they cant but it does'nt mean they are sexist just a different rule
I said, "of course they are, they are different GENDERS, but we are NOT different races were both HUMANS i might be adifferent ethnicity but that dont stop a scottish boy joing the welsh scouts does it, or an Northern Irish girl joing the London girl guides, does it"?
The BNP guys just said "well we will just have to agree to disagree" and left ... I just laughed.
We saw them to the door and as they walked down the path a neighbour (black youth) ran up to them with a leaflet they had obviously left through thier door, this lad gave it back to them and said.
"heres your sh*t back you white scum" from laughter my face went into rage.
Those guys had some cranky logic, but they had respected my home without abusing me, not like this urchin on my street.
I followed him to his home and told both him and his parents, thats the very reason these bigotted people like you are about in this street, you just proved to them of all people we just as bad as that stupid group(BNP)
He closed the door on me and we have hardly spoke since.

Racist bigots but that day blacks won, or lost depending on how you view this. I see it as a loss and a shameful one too, but never ever ever believe only whites can be racist or men can only be sexist, because hate is the only thing in this world which is sadly equal.
Sorry this is long but this has cropped up a few times with HM's and whether they have been racist Ive tried to put this story thier but did'nt I think its appropiate here. I just hope it makes any sense to you. It means a lot to me, after that shameful day.
AngRemembered is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 PM #5
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I dont like the BNP cause of their ethics

The sexism bit bothers me most, Loose Women is the worst example of sexism on TV, if it was "Loose men" the show wouldnt be allowed

and in soaps I notice it creeping in, like women slagging off men, although I suppose men say how fit women are lol
Old 04-07-2008, 08:49 PM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by Angiebabe
Its utter rubbish Chewy Black people can racist bigots just as good or bad if you like as whites, suggesting its not ...well is racist
I Remember some time ago the BNP came to my door I was in the kitchen and i heard my husband (he's white) saying no thankyou (in different words)ect....
When I heard i called "no come on in" I wanted them in my home they don't scare me I want to know why they think that, to me its ok, they just lose out on so many people extra to be friendly with, that dont bother me, its there loss.
Only 20 minutes before they wanted to go, they turned down the tea we offered probably thinking it was poisoned
I asked if I could join, they said although I counted as being legitimatley British they don't have black members, I could not believe the reasoning.

They said its like a boy scout wishing to join the girl scout, they are not sexist just different
I said, "of course they are, they are different GENDERS, but we are different races were both HUMANS i might be adifferent ethnicity but that dont stop a scottish boy joing the welsh scouts does it, or an Northern Irish girl joing the London girl guides, does it"?
The BNP guys just said "well we will just have to agree to disagree" and left ... I just laughed.
We saw them to the door and as they walked down the path a neibour (black youth) ran up to them with a leaflet they had obviously left through thier door, this lad gave it back to them and said.
"heres your sh*t back uou white scum" from laughter my faced went into rage now.
Those guys had some cranky logic, but they had respected my home without abusing me, not like this urchin on my street.
I followed him to his home and told both him and his parents, thats the very reason these people like you are about. He closed the door on me and we have hardly spoke since.
Racist bigots but that day blacks won, or lost depending on what how you view this. I see it as a loss and a shameful one too, but never ever ver believe only whites can be racist or men can only be sexist, because hate is the only thing in this world which is sadly equal.
Sorry this long but this has cropped up a few times with HM's and whether they have been racist Ive trie to put this story thier but did'nt I think its appropiate here. I just hope it makes any sense to you.
Great story, Ang.

Anyway, I believe that whites have become more tolerant to racism whilst blacks react so strongly to any instance of it. For example, many films are blatantly racist towards whites: Guess Who (2005), Something New (2006), that if it were the other way around, it'd be the biggest controversy today. I believe that black people can get away with it today (although I believe that nobody should be racist) just because of the practice of slavery that occurred long ago.
Rory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 PM #7

The worse part of Sexism is the women that think only men can be sexist... LOOL
Jake! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:00 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Rory
Anyway, I believe that whites have become more tolerant to racism whilst blacks react so strongly to any instance of it. For example, many films are blatantly racist towards whites: Guess Who (2005), Something New (2006), that if it were the other way around, it'd be the biggest controversy today. I believe that black people can get away with it today (although I believe that nobody should be racist) just because of the practice of slavery that occurred long ago.
Not seen those films but ive noted them, but your right and another thing that irks me is the comments trotted out like Naomi Campbell arrested for being a thug and assault yet blamed it (not in court silly cow) on her "being black"
I almost smashed my TV I am sick of hearing this BS, I'd have locked the damn fool away for a year just for that statement alone.
I'm sorry if blacks are reading this. I'm not suggesting anybody is ALL an ignorant kind, it just hurts me more when abuse comes from my own etnic group, like I'm sure it does for the decent folk within the white ethnic group too.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:02 PM #9
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by NightMare
Lol

Yah theres good white people to I hate people who are racist, I mean I searched Burnley (My old hometown) on Youtube

The first video was the riots, and the comments on there enraged me!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:16 PM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by NightMare
hey thats not true its you men all the same

Whats the difference between a man and a battery

answer........ A battery has a positive side
Thats not sexist its a fact
Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 PM #11
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Why do men die first? This is a question that has gone unanswered for centuries, but, now we know. It requires a bit of explanation, first:

If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her from the rat race ... you're a male chauvinist.

If you stay home and do the housework ... you're a pansy.

If you work too hard ... there's never any time for her.

If you don't work enough ..... you're a good-for-nothing bum.

If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay ... this is exploitation.

If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay ..... you should get off your lazy behind and find something better.

If you get a promotion ahead of her ... that is favoritism.

If she gets a job ahead of you ..... its equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks ... its sexual harassment.

If you keep quiet ...... its male indifference.

If you cry ... you're a wimp.

If you don't ...... you're an insensitive *B_word.

If you make a decision without consulting her ...... you're a chauvinist.

If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's a liberated woman.

If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy ... that's domination.

If SHE asks you ... it's a favor.

If you appreciate the female form and frilly underwear ...... you're a pervert.

If you don't ... you're gay.

If you like a woman to shave her legs and keep in shape ... you're sexist..

If you don't ... you're unromantic.

If you try to keep yourself in shape ...... you're vain.

If you don't ... you're a slob.

If you buy her flowers ... you're after something.

If you don't ... you're not thoughtful.

If you're proud of your achievements ... you're full of yourself.

If you don't ... you're not ambitious.

If she has a headache ... she's tired.

If you have a headache ...... you don't love her anymore.

If you want it too often ... you're oversexed..

If you don't ... there must be someone else.

WHY DO MEN DIE FIRST...? COS THEY WANT TO.....

Lol fact xD
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 PM #12

Now that is what I call sexist no doubt the male moderators will storm in and smuggle loads of smiley clown faces to make it look as if I find it ok but it wont be, it will still be sexist but thats ok, because we woman expet it like that, and you wonder why we have loose woman on TV

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
racism, round, sexism, ways, work