Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB9 Big Brother 9 in 2008 was won by Rachel Rice.

Old 14-07-2008, 01:09 PM #51

I don't think this is even true. I think she has already been given the axe and this is all false and just a way they can tell everyone why the booted her.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 01:13 PM #52
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo
I know they are not the best presenters but people have failed to give Zezi a chance.
I don't agree with that. George has improved over the weeks to the point where he was quite comfortable presenting the show on his own on Sunday. Zezi has not improved at all - imagine her presenting the show on her own? I dread to think. I think she has been given a chance and shown she doesn't have the ability to match the task.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 01:17 PM #53

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo
I know they are not the best presenters but people have failed to give Zezi a chance.
I don't agree with that. George has improved over the weeks to the point where he was quite comfortable presenting the show on his own on Sunday. Zezi has not improved at all - imagine her presenting the show on her own? I dread to think. I think she has been given a chance and shown she doesn't have the ability to match the task.

Zezi has improved millions since she started? Even that Anti Zezi thread on DS gave her some credit.

She's no way near as bad as you just made out she is.
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 01:20 PM #54
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy21
Zezi has improved millions since she started? Even that Anti Zezi thread on DS gave her some credit.

I've watched every single show and she has not improved at any where near the rate she needed to. She may have improved a little but not much. She still fumbles over the Autocue, she still interrupts guests and, only last Thursday, she cut a guy off who was speaking as they'd run out of time, so she's still struggling to countdown. I think its a case of people got used to her and not that she improved.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:22 PM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:

I've watched every single show and she has not improved at any where near the rate she needed to. She may have improved a little but not much. She still fumbles over the Autocue, she still interrupts guests and, only last Thursday, she cut a guy off who was speaking as they'd run out of time, so she's still struggling to countdown. I think its a case of people got used to her and not that she improved.
I dont think tis the case atall. I think if you remember back when Dermot first started, he was awful. He was probably worse than Zezi, but he grew into the role, and that's what she is in the process of doing. She wasn't going to be great at the beginning, but people had high expectations, and she didnt impress. But she isn't asbad as she's made out to be.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:24 PM #56
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I dont think tis the case atall. I think if you remember back when Dermot first started, he was awful. He was probably worse than Zezi, but he grew into the role, and that's what she is in the process of doing. She wasn't going to be great at the beginning, but people had high expectations, and she didnt impress. But she isn't asbad as she's made out to be.
I agree with you Billy.
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 01:25 PM #57

You didn't post the source, but this article is very slanted so I'm guessing Sun or DS. First off, Zezi is NOT FAT. Second off, they only use quotes from haters, when there are a lot of Zezi-fans (like myself) who visit the forums too. They were not represented though because they didn't fit the biased slant on the story. Third off, EVERYONE has had a day where his/her alarm clock didn't go off and he was late for something as a result. That's happened to me several times! The only difference is that a news reporter didn't use it as an excuse to bash me and insult my skills at something (which are unrelated). Zezi's a great presenter and I love her on the show. I don't even understand what it is some people don't like. She does mess up occasionally but so does George and so did Dermot.
bigbr0ther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 01:25 PM #58
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Compare her with George. He wasn't great when he first started but now he's running the show on this own. Do you think Zezi is capable of that?
Old 14-07-2008, 01:27 PM #59

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

People are making out as though George is really good. The fact of the matter is he isn't. Even those on the anti-Zezi thread recognise that George isn't that good but they see Zezi as worse, so its just a case of bigger fish to fry.

Zezi isn't the worlds worst presenter but shes far from the best. She doesn't deserve the flack that she gets.

In a way I hope she's back at 6pm just to annoy the hell out of those who have nothing better to do than sit round posting about how bad she is. It can't be that bad as a show- they wouldn't watch it if it was.

Something tells me this isn't the whole side of the story. Someone on DS is claiming that a car was sent for Zezi and she never got in it. People were also commenting on Friday about her & Davina at the end of Davina's interview. It seemed like a farewell of some sort and apparently there has been talk of the producers wanting to drop Zezi. I think she's just had enough tbh and if she doesn't go for tonights show at 6pm its quite obvious that she has. They wouldn't sack her because she was late once because of the job she has, they'd probably just give her a warning.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 01:28 PM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Compare her with George. He wasn't great when he first started but now he's running the show on this own. Do you think Zezi is capable of that?
I dont think she could, but then i thought George was horrendous yesterdya, and I didn't think he could run it on his own either.
He is just as bad, if not worse, than Zezi.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:30 PM #61
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

You don't pay people to grow into a role, you pay them to be competent at their job. Even in Dermot's worst days don't compare. Zezi's only improvement comes from the writers, who find ways to cut her from any long segments, most interviews and cover her with a bag. It's become the George Show featuring Zezi to do those not-very-funny BBLB gags.

Caroline Flack didn't need months to grow into her role, anyways. Took about 24 hours. I'm sure they could do better than Zezi. Nice girl and all, still love the hair and always have, but live presenting is not her forte.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 01:32 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
He's not doing a very good job though. Yesterdays show felt very disjointed. He seemed very bored and uninterested. There was less wood in the rainforest and he always does awkward pauses.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:32 PM #63
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I dont think she could, but then i thought George was horrendous yesterdya, and I didn't think he could run it on his own either.
He ran into and out of every break on time, he introduced items successfully, he interviewed the psychologist and listened to what he said, he interviewed Grace Dent and didn't interrupt her and he interviewed Mario and gave him a harder time than Davina did and he even managed to make that stupid Darth Vendor item work. I didn't see much wrong.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:34 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
He ran into and out of every break on time, he introduced items successfully, he interviewed the psychologist and listened to what he said, he interviewed Grace Dent and didn't interrupt her and he interviewed Mario and gave him a harder time than Davina did and he even managed to make that stupid Darth Vendor item work. I didn't see much wrong.
In your opinion?
In mine he was dull, looked bored, uninterested, dull interviewer.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:34 PM #65
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In your opinion?
Did he make any big mistakes?
Old 14-07-2008, 01:36 PM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
If he was that great at timing then why on Friday did he interview Alex from The Apprentice, not finish until half way through the credits, Zezi said about 2 words, George said the rest and he was still talking when it was the studio aerial shot and the Endemol logo. If he was good at timing that wouldn't have happened.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:37 PM #67

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In your opinion?
Did he make any big mistakes?
Id rather have someone make a mistake or two than someone who isjust dull and boring, and not interested.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:41 PM #68
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Id rather have someone make a mistake or two than someone who isjust dull and boring, and not interested.
OK then. So you'd rather a presenter who makes mistakes and get things wrong than one who gets things right. Thats OK. Thats up to you but I'd rather a presenter who actually made sense when they spoke.

_Tom_ I don't recall the incident you're referring to but yesterday George did three successful interviews that were actually quite informative.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:43 PM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

His interviews have been rubbish throughout the series and yesterday was no exception. But my point isn't about the interviews, its about timing. He ran over a lot on Friday. Also there were a few awkward pauses either side of links he did (that involved a VT of some kind).
Old 14-07-2008, 01:51 PM #70
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
His interviews have been rubbish throughout the series and yesterday was no exception. But my point isn't about the interviews, its about timing. He ran over a lot on Friday. Also there were a few awkward pauses either side of links he did (that involved a VT of some kind).
I'd agree he's no great interviewer but compared to Zezi he's in a league of his own.

He interviewed psychologist Dr Geoffrey Beattie last week and it was by far the most interesting interview of the series. He allowed Beattie to make his points and explain his points. If that had been Zezi she'd have interrupted him every few seconds repeating what he said and generally talking garbage. I put the stop watch on one of her interviews with Grace Dent to prove she never shuts up and the longest Zezi kept quietfor was 6 seconds in a two minute interview. After Zezi's interviews I struggle to remember anything the guest say because of her constant interruptions.
Old 14-07-2008, 01:54 PM #71
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

George isn't anything to write home about, but he's competent. That's the difference between him and Zezi. Zezi flubs lines in nearly every segment she in, train wrecks interviews, and generally doesnt seem like she knows what she's doing at all. It's more than just being boring or pausing awkwardly (she does that too though!)

I know it must not feel good for her to get so much criticism, but she had big shoes to fill and she hasn't even started to fill them. If she just went away we wouldn't have to talk about how horrible she is anymore.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 01:57 PM #72

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Zezi has improved lots since she started,
The thing is she was never given a chance by the public, people said she was awful before BBLB began but she did get off to a bad start and that didn't help
I like her and for me she makes BBLB fun but I can see why people don't like her
I think she has already been given the sack and this is just a cover reason for her to go. But I don't think George will be that good on his own, he is too wooden.
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 02:17 PM #73
Banned

Banned

I dont dis-like her, but she is not a good presenter at all! she speak properly and always manages to make the guests and viewers feel arkward.
SamR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 02:23 PM #74

dont call her FAT
but she must go
lolester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 04:12 PM #75

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Michelle Visage

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Michelle Visage

I dont really mind Zezi but if they are gonna dump her and get someone else it should be Caroline Flack, she was great on BBBM and she would be perfect for BBLB!
mkdfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bblb, misses, rubbish, sleeps, zezi