Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-01-2009, 08:02 PM #26

A bit of both...
30stone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 11:54 AM #27

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:

aww netto ...can't agree with you mate
I'm going to presume it is real because it doesn't hurt to :
a) sort my rubbish for recycling:
b) not throw rubbish away like the world is a toilet;
c) drive a smaller car; carpool with friends
d) at least make an effort to buy food that was produced locally instead of being shipped 1000s of km
e) not use disposable plastic bags at the supermarket but instead take those big green reusable ones;
f) take toxic rubbish like batteries mobile phones pc gear etc to special drop off point for pickup;
etc etc...

it's not killing me to do this stuff.... much of it make sense anyway and saves me money to boot.

This crazy conspiracy theory argument that it's a tax rot is hopeless. As though the world's governments got together and agreed to make all this stuff up so that they can tax you more? nah.... governments don't need to go to all that trouble to take your cash. I mean they are spending those taxes on you ffs....

Government taxes like carbon tax are designed to even the playing field when it comes to competition between high polluting but relatively cheap carbon heavy fuels like petrol and coal versus green renewable energy like wind, solar geothermal. Those renewable industries should get tax breaks to give capitalists incentive to make it work. That money plus investor money plus competition will mean money going to research and development to make those technologies cheaper in the future. It's the carrot and stick approach... that was the carrot......and the stick is government increase tax on dirty polluting energy industries ( and therefore it's consumers... YOU) to factor in the real cost that smog and pollution has on a society eg how many billions do governments spend on health care systems due to air and water pollution?

Whether global warming is real or not it makes sense economical, environmentally, morally and spiritually to have a "tread lightly" approach to the impact we make on the planet.

edit:
omfg! just saw the poll results.... that is frightening
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 01:52 AM #28

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Yes, scientists and climatologists, have all conspiratorial together to help the government! Tinfoil hats, stat!

The only people who try to discredit global warming, are those who are getting paid by the Shell corporation.

There is big money to be made at the expense of everyone's health and survival. We didn't have the machines, or the emissions that are being blown into the atmosphere, twenty, thirty, or even forty years ago.

Why do you think cancer rates are so high. The government is doing everything in its power to allow big business to get what it wants.

Michael Moore, the filmmaker, was one of the few people who came out and showed that recycling actually hurts the environment, rather than help it. What we currently have going on, is primarily man-made. Yes, the Earth is always changing, but not at this rate. We are going a billion miles an hour now. We need to do whatever we can to cut down on the pollution we're causing, pronto! There will be natural changes, and also "natural changes" as the natural reaction by the Earth from the crap we're pouring out.

Something has to be done. The conspiracies need to stop though. If you want to have a debate on what is the best means to go about cutting down pollution, good. But some people are still on page one, debating if man has any contribution to this problem.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 01:55 AM #29
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Oh well..by the time it fully takes hold I wont be here, and I doubt not many people will, the universe is a big place, why stick to one planet?
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 12:53 AM #30

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewy
Oh well..by the time it fully takes hold I wont be here, and I doubt not many people will, the universe is a big place, why stick to one planet?
yeah yeah right mate.. great idea... sh*t all over this world and then fly in our spaceships to some other planet to sh*t on that one too. We'll call it plan Chewy !!... the spaceships will all have a cool logo with you trying high five yourself but then realising high fives require 2 people.

letmein ... dude explain this will ya...
"Michael Moore, the filmmaker, was one of the few people who came out and showed that recycling actually hurts the environment, rather than help it"

Quoting MM doesn't automatically win an argument... how does the act of recycling ( the idea of NOT throwing everything into land fills but instead trying to reuse the materials in other products) hurt the environment?
Old 20-01-2009, 07:06 AM #31
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie

"Whether global warming is real or not it makes sense economical, environmentally, morally and spiritually to have a "tread lightly" approach to the impact we make on the planet."

Oh I agree with that bit totally. What really gets my goat is that its ordinary people who are doing everything and getting penalised "road taxes etc" and businesses and corporate empires do jack ****!
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 07:51 PM #32

I am old enough to remember that not all that long ago the so called experts on climate change were talking about a new ice age now they have done a "U" turn and think it's a globe on the boil....

I believe the truth to be is that so called experts and polititions take a knee jerk reaction to what is perfectly normal global evolution from warm to cold and cold to warm. Give it another 10-15 years and they will be back with the ice age theory again......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 12:32 AM #33

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
I am old enough to remember that not all that long ago the so called experts on climate change were talking about a new ice age now they have done a "U" turn and think it's a globe on the boil....

I believe the truth to be is that so called experts and polititions take a knee jerk reaction to what is perfectly normal global evolution from warm to cold and cold to warm. Give it another 10-15 years and they will be back with the ice age theory again......
lol banana...you sound like your too cynical to function. Doesn't the "perfectly normal global evolution from warm to cold and cold to warm" that I hear you and lot's of others in this thread go on about take many thousounds of years to cycle through instead of just decades. And how do you know what is "perfectly normal"?... your not 20 000 years old and lived through one of those cycles so you most be relying on scientific research....but hold on you don't trust them!! Oh I see you tuest them when they reinforce your argument.
ps
You haven't gone and lumped a whole bunch of different scientists together in your head to make it all easier to understand have you? So you question the credibility of all scientist today because some prat got it wrong ages ago?!!...
Old 21-01-2009, 12:40 AM #34
Classic

Classic

Only thing i agree on is that we can't use oil forever!
The whole "man the cause of mother earth to die" BS is just that, BS! The hippies, far left wacko's etc by into the man made myth.. We forget that we live on a Active Planet that has gone through many many changes and humans doing is just a small drop in the ocean, changes in space do more harm to the planet!

Green Tax is a global scam! "don't go green then the sky will fall down!!"

Hahaha or muhahaha as a member likes to write
andyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 01:58 AM #35

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by andyman
Only thing i agree on is that we can't use oil forever!
The whole "man the cause of mother earth to die" BS is just that, BS! The hippies, far left wacko's etc by into the man made myth.. We forget that we live on a Active Planet that has gone through many many changes and humans doing is just a small drop in the ocean, changes in space do more harm to the planet!

Green Tax is a global scam! "don't go green then the sky will fall down!!"

Hahaha or muhahaha as a member likes to write
mahahaha your wrongness only makes me stronger! hehe
Old 21-01-2009, 03:35 PM #36

Quote:
Originally posted by ange7
Quote:

lol banana...you sound like your too cynical to function. Doesn't the "perfectly normal global evolution from warm to cold and cold to warm" that I hear you and lot's of others in this thread go on about take many thousounds of years to cycle through instead of just decades. And how do you know what is "perfectly normal"?... your not 20 000 years old and lived through one of those cycles so you most be relying on scientific research....but hold on you don't trust them!! Oh I see you tuest them when they reinforce your argument.
ps
You haven't gone and lumped a whole bunch of different scientists together in your head to make it all easier to understand have you? So you question the credibility of all scientist today because some prat got it wrong ages ago?!!...

My dear you don't have to be 20,000 years old to have realised the temperatures swing much more frequently than that.....When you have been around long enough you will know.....

PS. By the way i am only 15,000 years old and Dr who is my cousin and tells me a few things.....
Old 24-01-2009, 11:55 PM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ange7
Quote:

ps

My dear you don't have to be 20,000 years old to have realised the temperatures swing much more frequently than that.....When you have been around long enough you will know.....

PS. By the way i am only 15,000 years old and Dr who is my cousin and tells me a few things.....
awww and condescending too...
No my dear we "don't have to be 20,000 years old to have realised the temperatures swing much more frequently" ... because we have scientists who research that stuff which was the point. You can't question the credibility of ALL scientific research ( you lumped it all together) while at the same time use scientific research to back your argument.

ps re Dr Who ...are you telling me that one of the many voices in your head sounds like Dr Who ...and of all the things to talk about he ( ie you) chooses the topic of historic weather patterns.
Old 25-01-2009, 05:24 AM #38

oo, Ange is on fire!
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 11:52 AM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

nah..I'm just stiring... banana has a sense of humour ( hopes)
Old 26-01-2009, 08:43 PM #40

Quote:
Originally posted by CBB6fanatic
Discuss

Yes it is a Tax Scam.

What I think is
this Global Warming
will happen anyway.
It is Circle of time.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 09:10 PM #41
Banned

Banned

Global warming is real, and there is no denying the fact that the planet is heating up - the evidence is solid. So to that extent - it IS real.

However, the causes is what I am not 100% sure on, but to summarise I think its mainly been brought about by man - before there was a balance of gases, and slowly the temperature was increasing. However, I think we have knocked this balance out and sped up the process.
Magic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 09:16 PM #42

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic
Global warming is real, and there is no denying the fact that the planet is heating up - the evidence is solid. So to that extent - it IS real.

However, the causes is what I am not 100% sure on, but to summarise I think its mainly been brought about by man - before there was a balance of gases, and slowly the temperature was increasing. However, I think we have knocked this balance out and sped up the process.

Yes it is Real
and would happen
whatever state we are in.
That is the problem
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 09:29 PM #43
Classic

Classic

Total sham.. I won't go into why because i will have to be very scientic and right now i can't be Bovard!! iNiT.

Will people in the future laugh at how we thought the world would end because Man is the reason? Lol... Blah!
andyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 01:02 AM #44

Quote:
Originally posted by andyman
Total sham.. I won't go into why because i will have to be very scientic and right now i can't be Bovard!! iNiT.

Will people in the future laugh at how we thought the world would end because Man is the reason? Lol... Blah!

Oh......Please i would love to hear your detailed science views....My gut feeling for what that is worth is that the so called global warming is by no means because of man alone......

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
global, real, scam, tax, warming